The WAVE Mobile Weather App includes:
* Access to station content specifically for our mobile users
* 250 meter radar, the highest resolution available
* Future radar to see where severe weather is headed
* High resolution satellite cloud imagery
* Current weather updated multiple times per hour
* Daily and Hourly forecasts updated hourly from our computer models
* Ability to add and save your favorite locations
* A fully integrated GPS for current location awareness
* Severe weather alerts from the National Weather Service
* Opt-in push alerts to keep you safe in severe weather
* performance improvements
Ratings and ReviewsSee All
Not great, but OK
I find that the app tends to lag other weather sources on forecasting. I also think that seeing Kevin Harned’s face first thing is unappealing. More so than other meteorologists, he seems to get excited about weather, more so than necessary. It may be the most important thing to him but rarely to the general population.
Gives me the weather when I need it
This app keeps getting better. The improvements they have made it my go to app for weather. The weather alerts are right on time for my area. The thing that I think I like the most is that it’s updated by WAVE’s meteorologists. So instead of waiting for updates from someplace far away from Louisville the info is updated up to the minute by weather experts who live in the area.
Overloaded with ads.
Don't let the screen caps in the app store fool you. They conveniently omit any ads. Believe me. This app is completely overloaded with way too many ads. So much so, they turn an otherwise functional app into a convoluted, distracting, and awkward experience. You even have to wait for a 15 second commercial to watch a video. That's a long time when you're looking for immediate updates about warnings and emergencies. I'd gladly pay to remove all ads. And change the startup graphic.
With Family Sharing set up, up to six family members can use this app.