Wave is your personal health companion for any chronic illness. Track symptoms, medications, & record daily activities. Get insights to discover what impacts your health.
Wave App is backed by review and rated the #1 health tracker to track patient-reported outcomes for cancer patients. (Cedars-Sinai)
Wave is your all-in-one health tracker that puts Artificial Intelligence in your hands.
Think of Wave as a simple, customizable virtual diary that shows you the correlation between the activities you do and the effect they have on your physical and mental health. Learn what affects your mood, symptoms, and overall health.
You have more control over your health & wellness, better & more accurate information for your doctor, and the ability to finally manage your condition, treatments, and symptoms.
Our custom-built features help you manage your daily tasks and track your wellbeing all in one place.
* Subscribe to Wave Pro - Get 30 days free*
Get a weekly summary report of your data with insights and trends to show you what helps you feel better and fight negative side effects. See engaging trends - and share weekly reports with your doctors to collaborate more effectively and improve your wellbeing.
People with chronic illness or cancer use Wave to:
- Track symptoms and manage their entire treatment journey
- Learn what makes their health better or worse
- Record activities like sleep, meals, exercise, vitals, mindfulness, menstrual cycle, bowel movements, and more
- Discover patterns and trends that impact their health
- Prepare for doctor appointments with useful health reports
Wave enables you to work more effectively with your doctors or care team to better control the side effects and symptoms you experience.
People using Wave have chronic conditions like:
Chronic Kidney Disease
and 240+ more!
ALL OF YOUR HEALTH TRACKING IN ONE APP:
*Track Your Symptoms, Condition, and Activities*
*Share Health Updates with Your Care Team*
*Update Your Overall Condition*
*Track Your Symptoms & Mood*
*Get Personal Health Insights*
Real-time, personal health insights help you identify how your actions are related to your condition and symptoms, so you can take control of your health.
*Log Activities like Medication, Steps, Sleep*
Update your activities like Sleep, Water Intake, Medications, or Steps
PRIVATE & SECURE
Your data is secure and encrypted on our HIPAA-compliant and HITRUST servers.
WAVE WAS CREATED FROM A REAL-LIFE CANCER JOURNEY
Our founders underwent a cancer journey 7 years ago, and from our experience tracking anything we could, we learned what helped and what didn’t. We decided to create a free health app that would help anyone with cancer and chronic illness manage their health.
WE JUST MADE EVERYTHING EASIER
We launched a complete redesign with feedback and feature requests from thousands of people with a wide variety of chronic mental and physical health conditions.
Our goal is to make health tracking simple and easy for anyone, even if you’re suffering from fatigue and brain fog that often comes with many conditions.
YOU CAN USE WAVE AS A:
Mental Health Tracker
SOME OTHER THINGS YOU CAN TRACK:
Physical Health Symptoms
Mental Health Symptoms
Pain & Symptom Severity
Sleep Quality & Quantity
Notes & Diary Entries
Self-Care Routines & Habits
Wave App does not give medical advice, please consult with your doctor before making any necessary changes to your health plan**
Thanks for using Wave Health! This latest update includes minor bug fixes and updates.
As always, if you experience any issues, please email us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Ratings and Reviews
User friendly, but would like a couple more features
Tried out a few different apps that would be easy enough for me to log my symptoms and track them. I really like the user interface - it’s more visual and well organized than some others.
What I would love to see in an update is the ability to change the symptom rating to maybe 1-10 or a slightly wider range of rating choice (although the 5 you’ve chosen aren’t deal breakers, with some conditions, it’s really helpful to track smaller increments of change)
I’d also love to see notification settings - reminders to put in symptoms as well as to take meds.
Thanks for the response guys!
Yes, there are notifications within the app and you can see them on your calendar, but they don’t pop up separately as a reminder notification on your phone (that I’ve been able to find at least)- is there a way to turn this on?
Also, I’ve noticed that if you go to add a new symptom from the provided list and you already have custom ones, it erases your previous custom symptoms. All of the ones you’ve chosen from the apps list remain, but any custom ones seem to disappear and you have to do it over again. And if you want to add a 1 symptom, there isn’t an option to customize it. Would be great to fix these issues :-)
P.S. ‘excessive’ is spelled wrong in the list for “excesive sweating” - a more expansive list of symptoms would be a great addition too.
Thank you again!
Developer Response ,
Hi Lis E, Thanks so much for the review! We appreciate your feedback, it’s valuable to our team.
In regards to your question about notifications and reminders, we do have those features! If you tap the bottom center Quick Log button, you’ll see “Reminders” and “Medications”. Both of those features have custom reminders you can setup to remind yourself of important tasks, like taking meds!
Hope this helps. Please reach out if you have any other questions.
Helpful and free, not without its bugs
I like using Wave because it doesn’t require me to be diagnosed with anything or on medications to use it. I love adding my own symptoms and I basically use the app like journal for my physical symptoms throughout the day. However, I have often experienced that my symptom list gets erased if the app crashes. It can be really slow sometimes (like when logging bowel movements, etc.) and having to relist all my symptoms frequently annoys me. Other than that you aren’t going to find a better health tracking app for free!
My first day and it looks great so far. Will include a few easy suggestions to make it better…
- change “vaginal bleeding” to period unless that’s just a more global thing
- instead of “sad mood”, definitely change it to depression (more clinical) and add mania to the same area for better coverage of psych issues
- I have both monthly and weekly injections. Would you please add those time frames to the medication area for people who have injections or patches?
- add excessive hunger and thirst categories (diabetes and metabolic disorders)
- wasn’t sure if you knew it said breast swelling/tendernes”… it’s missing the other “s” on users daily window when you have it under tracked symptoms
- I’m not understanding the time frame of meds… I don’t remember when I started these years ago, nor do I need a finish date so it won’t let me enter them (should not be required to list the med)
Maybe harder but would be nice…
- I don’t understand add a meal. Is it just to say you ate that day? Could you instead have sliders for calories, fat, fiber, and carbs so we can look back and see that in conjunction with mood, headache, bloat and inflammation etc the next day?
Great work, just thought I’d ask about these changes. :)
Data Linked to You
The following data may be collected and linked to your identity:
- Health & Fitness
- Contact Info
- User Content
- Usage Data
- Sensitive Info
Privacy practices may vary, for example, based on the features you use or your age. Learn More
- Treatment Technologies & Insights, LLC
- 25.1 MB
- Health & Fitness
- Requires iOS 13.0 or later.
- iPod touch
- Requires iOS 13.0 or later.
- Requires macOS 11.0 or later and a Mac with Apple M1 chip or later.
- Age Rating
- 12+ Infrequent/Mild Medical/Treatment Information
- © 2019 Treatment Technologies & Insights, Inc.
- In-App Purchases
- 1 Month $10.99
- 6 Months Subscription $54.99