Download the most popular free weather app powered by the largest professional weather network in the world!
WeatherBug is easy to use and provides forecasts for your every need, from storm warnings to pollen levels. Our weather network delivers the fastest alerts and the best real-time forecasts (current, hourly and 10-day).
The weather app has 18 different weather maps, including: Doppler radar, lightning, wind, temperature, alerts, pressure, and humidity.
Join the millions who rely on WeatherBug for weather forecasts every day!
“I love WeatherBug! It’s always accurate & is the first place I go for up-to-the minute weather!” –iOS User
YOUR WEATHER FORECAST
• Real-Time Pinpoint Forecasts: Get the most accurate current, hourly and 10-day weather forecasts
• Enhanced Interactive Map: Visualize weather conditions with 18 weather maps
• Lifestyle Forecasts: Know how the weather will impact your trips, workouts, allergies, chronic pain and much more
• Weather Widget: Customize your alerts and display with weather widgets
• Weather Alerts: get alerted to weather conditions and storms
TRACK ANY CONDITION
• North American Doppler Radar: Doppler radar across the US, Canada, Mexico, Alaska & Hawaii
• PulseRad® Radar: radar for many international locations using patented Earth Networks Total Lightning Network® technology.
• Spark Lightning Alerts: get minute-by-minute, mile-by-mile lightning proximity alerts
• Hurricane Center: hurricane forecasts and changing conditions stay informed
• Fire Center: global fire data to know when you are at risk
• Winter Weather: Plan ahead with our 10-day snow depth forecast and stay safe in severe winter conditions with our real-time snow storm alerts
MORE THAN JUST RAIN
• Pollen Count: Keep your allergies in check by knowing what the local pollen conditions are like
• Real-Time Traffic Conditions: View local traffic conditions to better plan your day
• Air Quality: Get an in-depth look at the air quality around you
• Precise Weather Details: Wind speed, UV index, weather observations and more
LARGEST WEATHER NETWORK
• Forecasts for 2.6 million+ locations worldwide
• Largest total lightning detection network
• 10,000+ professional-grade weather stations
• Live weather & traffic cameras
FASTEST WEATHER ALERTS
• Get notified of severe weather 50% faster with our Dangerous Thunderstorm Alerts
• Receive all NWS and NOAA watches and warnings
APPLE WATCH SUPPORT
• Get vital weather information directly on your Apple Watch, including alerts, glances, and complications
CONNECT WITH US
• Like us on Facebook - https://www.facebook.com/WeatherBug
• Follow us on Twitter - @WeatherBug
• Check us out on Instagram - @weatherbug
• Check out WeatherBug's YouTube weather channel broadcast here: https://www.youtube.com/user/WeatherBugVideo
Download the weather forecast app used and loved by millions, awarded the "Best Weather App" in 2019 and 2016 by Mediapost Appy Awards. Also, voted the “Best Weather App for iPads” by AppPicker, and “Best App for Moms” by Parent Magazine: WeatherBug!
This app may include “Interest-Based Ads” (see https://www.weatherbug.com/legal/privacy#AC) for more information) and may collect or share “Precise Location Data” (see https://www.weatherbug.com/legal/privacy#PLD for more information).
Bug fixes and performance improvements.
Ratings and ReviewsSee All
THIS IS A GREAT WEATHER APP.
I have had this app since they first started. It has matured into a wonderful app. I have read some reviews who say the contrary and I just do not understand their problems. For the most part I figure it must be, ASO (App Superior to Operator). This app is very easy to use and I love the fact that they have real, Meteorologist presenting the weather all across the US. My favorite is Joel Hansel - not sure of the spelling, but he is entertaining, precise, clear spoken, knows his states and cities, sets his maps in a logical order, and ends his presentation with a moving satellite map so you can see what is heading your way, and gives 5 minutes of weather in just one. All of their Meteorologists are good, especially compared to the IBM Weather App....more of a weather news, than a weather forecaster app. I have six weather apps and the one I go to everyday, is this one, when I do not have much time but want to know what the weather is going to be like, this is the go to “app for that”. This site is easy to navigate and has information that is easy to review for your local area weather fronts moving through, and a very easy to read animated rain map so in a few seconds you can know what it will be like as you are going out the door. They have tried a lot of different things over the years, and now they have the core of of an Excellent Weather App. Enjoy.
My favorite weather app is screwed up
This has been my go-to weather app for years. It gets used multiple times a day, and has never given a hint of trouble. Scratch the glowing praises now because with this last update the app crashes on start-up. I followed the developer’s advice found in a response to someone else’s recent complaint and deleted/re-downloaded the app. Bad idea. The app started up once, and then promptly stopped working again, and I lost all my settings for no good reason. Come on, guys. Don’t let such a good app cause this much frustration. The second star I’m giving is based on my hope that you’ll get this fixed ASAP.
Update: Shortly after I posted my review the app started working as expected. Then this morning, just 3 days later, it’s back to crashing at startup. I do not want to uninstall/reinstall again, as I did that before you suggested it in response to my original review. It didn’t work then. I hope this usually excellent app is mended soon.
Update #2: It’s been about a week since my first update, and while the app is working better, it still occasionally crashes at startup. This happens about once every other day. I don’t know if it’s related, but the problem seems to occur when I first open the app and I’m not on wifi. Anyway, I’ve updated my stars accordingly.
Developer Response ,
Hi, We are really sorry to hear about your bad experience. We’d really appreciate it if you can send us an email to firstname.lastname@example.org so we can understand the problem better and try to fix it! Thank you for your time. - WeatherBug Team
All weather apps seem to be inaccurate
Is it me, or are others experiencing the same issues of inaccurate, not up-to-date weather no matter what app? It seems they all use the same local stations that must be very delayed in their updates to the various apps. Seriously ALWAYS off several degrees, and as for precipitation percentages, they’re so useless, I have begun to laugh at my own gullibility. A couple of mornings ago was so typical ... I wanted to take a bike ride and began looking at the forecast the prior evening showing ZERO chance of rain the next morning. Re-checked the next morning, and same ZERO % chance so I got dressed for my ride, pumped my tires, raised the garage door, when it began to rain ALL DAY. I re-checked the forecast an hour or so later, and the entire hourly forecast had changed. THE KICKER is that this same app has the audacity to provide a TEN DAY forecast 🤣🤣🤣. And almost as bad ... my gullibility to keep checking 🤔🤔🤔. Anyway, I think I’ll go back to the “stick my head out the door” method ... it’s more predictable. I get a bit of a chuckle when folks compare the presentation of info in reviews ... who cares about presentation if the data is unusable. Again ... this doesn’t seem to be a Weatherbug only issue as I have had the same experience with all four of the apps I’ve tried. It seems that the OLD-fashioned TV weather reports are more accurate the night before than the purported “real-time” weather apps.
Developer Response ,
We are sorry to hear about your bad experience. We definitely want to look into this issue and make sure that it is corrected. Please send us an email to email@example.com so that we can fix it for you.We appreciate your support.
- xAd, Inc.
- 221.3 MB
Requires iOS 10.0 and watchOS 2.0 or later. Compatible with iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch.
English, French, German, Japanese, Portuguese, Spanish
- Age Rating
- This app may use your location even when it isn't open, which can decrease battery life.
- © WeatherBug
- In-App Purchases
- Get Ad-Free Weather $2.99
With Family Sharing set up, up to six family members can use this app.