Download the most popular free weather app powered by the largest professional weather network in the world!
WeatherBug is easy to use and provides forecasts for your every need, from storm warnings to pollen levels. Our weather network delivers the fastest alerts and the best real-time forecasts (current, hourly and 10-day).
The weather app has 18 different weather maps, including: Doppler radar, lightning, wind, temperature, alerts, pressure, and humidity.
Join the millions who rely on WeatherBug for weather forecasts every day!
“I love WeatherBug! It’s always accurate & is the first place I go for up-to-the minute weather!” –iOS User
YOUR WEATHER FORECAST
• Real-Time Pinpoint Forecasts: Get the most accurate current, hourly and 10-day weather forecasts
• Enhanced Interactive Map: Visualize weather conditions with 19 weather maps
• Lifestyle Forecasts: Know how the weather will impact your trips, workouts, allergies, chronic pain and much more
• Weather Widget: Customize your alerts and display with weather widgets
• Weather Alerts: get alerted to weather conditions and storms
TRACK ANY CONDITION
• Weather Radar: available across the US, Canada, Mexico, and Europe
• PulseRad® Radar: radar for many international locations using patented Earth Networks Total Lightning Network® technology
• Spark Lightning Alerts: get minute-by-minute, mile-by-mile lightning proximity alerts
• Hurricane Center: hurricane forecasts and changing conditions stay informed
• Fire Center: global fire data to know when you are at risk
• Winter Weather: Plan ahead with our 10-day snow depth forecast and stay safe in severe winter conditions with our real-time snow storm alerts
MORE THAN JUST RAIN
• Pollen Count: Keep your allergies in check by knowing what the local pollen conditions are like
• Real-Time Traffic Conditions: View local traffic conditions to better plan your day
• Air Quality: Get an in-depth look at the air quality around you
• Precise Weather Details: Wind speed, UV index, weather observations and more
LARGEST WEATHER NETWORK
• Forecasts for 2.6 million+ locations worldwide
• Largest total lightning detection network
• 10,000+ professional-grade weather stations
• Live weather & traffic cameras
FASTEST WEATHER ALERTS
• Get notified of severe weather 50% faster with our Dangerous Thunderstorm Alerts
• Receive all NWS and NOAA watches and warnings
APPLE WATCH SUPPORT
• Get vital weather information directly on your Apple Watch, including alerts, glances, and complications
CONNECT WITH US
• Like us on Facebook - https://www.facebook.com/WeatherBug
• Follow us on Twitter - @WeatherBug
• Check us out on Instagram - @weatherbug
• Check out WeatherBug's YouTube weather channel broadcast here: https://www.youtube.com/user/WeatherBugVideo
Download the weather forecast app used and loved by millions, awarded the "Best Weather App" in 2019 and 2016 by Mediapost Appy Awards. Also, voted the “Best Weather App for iPads” by AppPicker, and “Best App for Moms” by Parent Magazine: WeatherBug!
This app may include “Interest-Based Ads” (see https://www.weatherbug.com/legal/privacy#AC) for more information) and may collect or share “Precise Location Data” (see https://www.weatherbug.com/legal/privacy#PLD for more information).
Additional enhancements in the latest version:
- Introducing Outdoor Sports! The Outdoor Sports forecast brings new insights to the outdoor enthusiast with an hourly index and tips for getting outside safely.
Love the app? Rate us!
Thank you for your support!
Ratings and Reviews
Be a better forecaster than anyone!
This is the best weather app I have ever tried because you can look at the actual map and see your exact location and watch storms and lightning and wind speed temperature you name it in real time. This means that you are a better weather forecaster than a professional for your particular location. For example I can look at the map and see exactly where a little storm The size of a small neighborhood is heading towards my house. The weather channel or places like weather on google cannot give you accurate weather like this because a lot of storm clouds especially in Florida are small enough to invade the radar of professional weatherman. On the map you can switch between all sorts of different weather layers and I usually use the storm and lightning and temperature and air quality. So if I’m driving to a particular beach I can actually avoid storm clouds on the way by finding a different route because the storm clouds in Florida can be so tiny sometimes you can also press play and watch the storms and wear the direction that they are moving in so you can estimate when and where a storm will be
Weather Bug will kidnap Your Device
Weather bug will completely lock up your devices screen. When you try to open the app you’ll get a pop up giving you two choices 1. Give them permission to track you or 2. Ask them not to track you. Seriously, do you really think they won’t track you or track you less because you clicked ASK NOT TO TRACK. You have to click a choice which I refused. I tried to get out of the app and it had frozen my screen. It would not let me out. Even when I got to my apps to try to uninstall, I had to keep hitting the Home button to get to settings and continue to hit it as I scrolled to the app to attempt to uninstall from there since it wouldn’t allow an uninstall on the main screen. I still couldn’t uninstall it. I had to shut down my device then start it back up, then I was able to uninstall it without opening it and starting the same problem all over again. I understand that these free apps use advertisements to earn money. My issue is that they don’t even offer at least a 10 day trail period in which you could try the app out to see if it’s worth allowing them to track you. I wish these apps would offer an affordable yearly no tracking, no advertising plan. I would be willing to pay $15 to $20 yearly to not be tracked or bothered by annoying advertising. I also don’t appreciate an app that kidnaps my device with no other option but to completely shut down my device to get out of it and delete it. Not Cool Folks!!!!
Developer Response ,
Hi there, we are really sorry to hear about your bad experience. We would really appreciate it if you can send us an email to email@example.com so that we can understand and fix this issue. Thank you for your time. - WeatherBug Team
I have to say, I’ve tried WeatherBug and AccuWeather . I find the WeatherBug interface to work nicely, things are in places that make sense and the information is displayed in a sensible way . What I do not enjoy is the exclamation mark telling me about weather alerts constantly , only to tap and find out it’s just alerting me to the fact that “some roads will be wet” . Of course some roads may be wet, the weather predictions say it’s going to rain! That is not an alert and forces me to just ignore the alert symbol entirely . I would like to be able to disable the commuter alert entirely, it’s pointless. Second, the “daily precip” alert… also pointless. The whole point of the app is to see the weather prediction… I open, check todays prediction hourly or the 10 day … seeing the red exclamation mark again, I check only to see a so called “alert” that just tells me rain is expected and to check the forecast . That is not an alert and completely defeats the point of having an alert show up, it’s basically the boy who cried wolf because it’s almost always displaying one of these “alerts” .
Edit: Well, I look stupid. You can just turn the commuter and daily precip alerts off , but it’s per location and I have looked for this option before and either somehow missed it or they have changed it in an update somewhere along the line .
Developer Response ,
To personalize your experience, we introduced the option to enable/disable each type of alert provided by WeatherBug. However, you will still receive any weather-related information in your Alert tray, even though you have a Customized Alert disabled.
You will still receive the alert information but will not get a pop-up notification on your device. This way, you will receive your active Alerts as a pop-up notification on your device, and you can still check the inactive Alerts in your Alert tray.
We want to make sure you will have access to all relevant information, and you have the choice to check it whenever is convenient for you. Thank you- WeatherBug's Team
Data Used to Track You
The following data may be used to track you across apps and websites owned by other companies:
- Health & Fitness
- Usage Data
Data Linked to You
The following data may be collected and linked to your identity:
- Health & Fitness
- Contact Info
- User Content
- Usage Data
Privacy practices may vary, for example, based on the features you use or your age. Learn More
- xAd, Inc.
- 209.8 MB
- Requires iOS 12.0 or later.
- Requires iPadOS 12.0 or later.
- iPod touch
- Requires iOS 12.0 or later.
English, French, German, Japanese, Portuguese, Spanish
- Age Rating
- This app may use your location even when it isn’t open, which can decrease battery life.
- © WeatherBug
- In-App Purchases
- Annual Ad Free Subscription $9.99
- Monthly Ad Free Subscription $0.99