Simple. Reliable. Secure. — WhatsApp from Facebook
WhatsApp Messenger is a FREE messaging app available for iPhone and other smartphones. WhatsApp uses your phone's Internet connection (4G/3G/2G/EDGE or Wi-Fi, as available) to let you message and call friends and family. Switch from SMS to WhatsApp to send and receive messages, calls, photos, videos, documents, and Voice Messages.
WHY USE WHATSAPP:
• NO FEES: WhatsApp uses your phone's Internet connection (4G/3G/2G/EDGE or Wi-Fi, as available) to let you message and call friends and family, so you don't have to pay for every message or call.* There are no subscription fees to use WhatsApp.
• MULTIMEDIA: Send and receive photos, videos, documents, and Voice Messages.
• FREE CALLS: Call your friends and family for free with WhatsApp Calling, even if they're in another country.* WhatsApp calls use your phone's Internet connection rather than your cellular plan's voice minutes. (Note: Data charges may apply. Contact your provider for details. Also, you can't access 911 and other emergency service numbers through WhatsApp).
• GROUP CHAT: Enjoy group chats with your contacts so you can easily stay in touch with your friends or family.
• WHATSAPP WEB: You can also send and receive WhatsApp messages right from your computer's browser.
• NO INTERNATIONAL CHARGES: There's no extra charge to send WhatsApp messages internationally. Chat with your friends around the world and avoid international SMS charges.*
• SAY NO TO USERNAMES AND PINS: Why bother having to remember yet another username or PIN? WhatsApp works with your phone number, just like SMS, and integrates seamlessly with your phone's existing address book.
• ALWAYS LOGGED IN: With WhatsApp, you're always logged in so you don't miss messages. No more confusion about whether you're logged in or logged out.
• QUICKLY CONNECT WITH YOUR CONTACTS: Your address book is used to quickly and easily connect you with your contacts who have WhatsApp so there's no need to add hard-to-remember usernames.
• OFFLINE MESSAGES: Even if you miss your notifications or turn off your phone, WhatsApp will save your recent messages until the next time you use the app.
• AND MUCH MORE: Share your location, exchange contacts, set custom wallpapers and notification sounds, broadcast messages to multiple contacts at once, and more!
*Data charges may apply. Contact your provider for details.
We're always excited to hear from you! If you have feedback, questions, or concerns, please email us at:
or follow us on twitter:
Note: WhatsApp is a telephony app, so iPod and iPad are not supported devices.
* Introducing disappearing messages. Now you can set chats to disappear after 7 days.
* Search and find your stickers with text or emoji or browse through the common sticker categories.
* New wallpapers give your chats a fresh new look. You can now set custom wallpapers per-chat, separate wallpapers in dark mode, and choose from a refreshed wallpaper gallery or different colors over the default doodle background.
Ratings and ReviewsSee All
Ok so I generally love the app. But with the new update came something peculiar about the voice message. Now you can keep listening to the voice even if you turned off the phone or switched to another app, but the catch is that if you’re listening to music and you start to listen to a voice the music doesn’t start automatically after you’re done listening to the voice. Now you have to enter the music app and press play so you can keep listening to the song. I don’t really like that. Another thing I don’t like is that if you take out the read receipts you can’t see if someone saw your status. And that’s really frustrating because you took out the read receipts so no one in the CHATS could see if you saw their text. Not for the status. I would really appreciate it if you took out those two things. Please and thank you!
New feature: disappearing messages...
...more like disappearing privacy by cross-platform fingerprinting devices/ networks/ contact info for targeted ads. No thanks, deleted just like my Facebook years ago. And in-app still portraying things as if the users privacy is protected, respected bla bla bla. Yea between end -users perhaps, but not against WhatsApp brought to you by Facebook, globally the number one offender of privacy-rights having built an entire multi-billion empire of data harvesting/ distributing sold to the highest bidder. I’m sure you’ll continue to have millions of ignorant sheepl that ‘don’t care about their privacy’ and willingly or unknowingly hand over all their data not aware of the repercussions of big tech companies knowing every detail about their life’s. There’s a reason they can’t do this in Europe, cos ppls privacy is better protected by European privacy laws. But the rest of the world is bound to fall victim to these data-vultures. There’s many messaging apps that ARE private. Like the one where the founder of WhatsApp went to cos he didn’t agree with the direction Facebook went with this app. I’ll follow the founder of the original WhatsApp. Not this Facebook messenger dressed up like the original WhatsApp app.
Stickers changed everything
So my friends and I have debated back and forth whether if to use whatsapp or imessage as our primary way of communicating for as long as I can remember. In all honesty we frequently switched back and forth. However, ever since whatsapp released stickers, there is no debate. My whole entire city/everyone I know constantly trades stickers like pokemon cards & it makes our conversations 10 times funnier. We also create our own stickers using other apps. Our biggest request is to please allow us to organize our stickers (maybe by sorting them into folders/tabs) because we have so many and they get lost in the bunch. Another great idea would be to have access to create new stickers directly through whatsapp instead of a third party application. Please take these things into consideration. I never write reviews but we’ve all genuinely said it for months that we wish we could organize our stickers.
Data Linked to You
The following data may be collected and linked to your identity:
- Financial Info
- Contact Info
- User Content
- Usage Data
Privacy practices may vary, for example, based on the features you use or your age. Learn More
- WhatsApp Inc.
- 155.2 MB
- Social Networking
Requires iOS 9.0 or later. Compatible with iPhone.
English, Arabic, Bengali, Catalan, Croatian, Czech, Danish, Dutch, Finnish, French, German, Greek, Gujarati, Hebrew, Hindi, Hungarian, Indonesian, Irish, Italian, Japanese, Korean, Malay, Marathi, Norwegian Bokmål, Persian, Polish, Portuguese, Romanian, Russian, Simplified Chinese, Slovak, Spanish, Swedish, Thai, Traditional Chinese, Turkish, Ukrainian, Urdu, Vietnamese
- Age Rating
- Infrequent/Mild Profanity or Crude Humor
- Infrequent/Mild Mature/Suggestive Themes
- Infrequent/Mild Medical/Treatment Information
- Infrequent/Mild Horror/Fear Themes
- This app may use your location even when it isn't open, which can decrease battery life.
- © 2021 WhatsApp Inc.
Get all of your passes, tickets, cards, and more in one place.
With Family Sharing set up, up to six family members can use this app.
Get things done within this app using just your voice.