WhatsApp Messenger is a FREE messaging app available for iPhone and other smartphones. WhatsApp uses your phone's Internet connection (4G/3G/2G/EDGE or Wi-Fi, as available) to let you message and call friends and family. Switch from SMS to WhatsApp to send and receive messages, calls, photos, videos, and Voice Messages.
WHY USE WHATSAPP:
• NO FEES: WhatsApp uses your phone's Internet connection (4G/3G/2G/EDGE or Wi-Fi, as available) to let you message and call friends and family, so you don't have to pay for every message or call.* There are no subscription fees to use WhatsApp.
• MULTIMEDIA: Send and receive photos, videos, and Voice Messages.
• FREE CALLS: Call your friends and family for free with WhatsApp Calling, even if they're in another country.* WhatsApp calls use your phone's Internet connection rather than your cellular plan's voice minutes. (Note: Data charges may apply. Contact your provider for details. Also, you can't access 911 and other emergency service numbers through WhatsApp).
• GROUP CHAT: Enjoy group chats with your contacts so you can easily stay in touch with your friends or family.
• WHATSAPP WEB: You can also send and receive WhatsApp messages right from your computer's browser.
• NO INTERNATIONAL CHARGES: There's no extra charge to send WhatsApp messages internationally. Chat with your friends around the world and avoid international SMS charges.*
• SAY NO TO USERNAMES AND PINS: Why bother having to remember yet another username or PIN? WhatsApp works with your phone number, just like SMS, and integrates seamlessly with your phone's existing address book.
• ALWAYS LOGGED IN: With WhatsApp, you're always logged in so you don't miss messages. No more confusion about whether you're logged in or logged out.
• QUICKLY CONNECT WITH YOUR CONTACTS: Your address book is used to quickly and easily connect you with your contacts who have WhatsApp so there's no need to add hard-to-remember usernames.
• OFFLINE MESSAGES: Even if you miss your notifications or turn off your phone, WhatsApp will save your recent messages until the next time you use the app.
• AND MUCH MORE: Share your location, exchange contacts, set custom wallpapers and notification sounds, email chat history, broadcast messages to multiple contacts at once, and more!
*Data charges may apply. Contact your provider for details.
We're always excited to hear from you! If you have feedback, questions, or concerns, please email us at:
or follow us on twitter:
Note: WhatsApp is a telephony app, so iPod and iPad are not supported devices.
• You can now see stickers in full size when you long press a notification.
Ratings and Reviews
I generally love this app. I have family and friends all around the world and I get to talk to all of them around the clock as much as I want. We use it in school for group chats when doing group assignments and so on..
The only thing I can’t stand is that it drops phone calls every time I try to lock my phone. I like to talk on the phone using headphones while driving or doing stuff around the house, keeping my phone in my pocket so unless I lock it, it touches random buttons. I’ve tried locking it with the power button and it hung up every single time, then I turned on the assistive touch, to lock the phone without using the power button, and using the touch screen instead. This worked fine the first few times, but now it drops the calls as well. Any tips or maybe a fix would be great? Other than that I recommend this app to everyone.
I enjoy it, but...
I truly enjoy talking to my friends and family from back home through WhatsApp since it is a easy and free way to communicate with them.
WhatsApp have made it possible for me and my father to get to bond and spend any moment of our day bonding together regardless of the distance. Yet, is have come to my attention that whenever I initiate an audio call, the ringing noise the app creates to indicate that you’re making a call is so loud and disturbing that I had to come and talk about it here. Mind you, I normally wear headphone when I make this calls, so it is extremely loud and irritating for my ears.
I have tried many things like obviously opting down the sound but it seems like there is a limit to how much you can put that sound down or something because it stay the same way without changing. Therefore, I’m for to either to my headphones off or endure the pain while waiting for the person that I am calling to pick up as soon as possible.
Please, either eliminate or soften the loudness of the ringing tone of when you make a call.
WhatsApp is my intimate connection with my loved ones
WhatsApp allows me to connect with family, they live on the other side of the world, in Chile. I moved to the United States in 2011 and when I started using WhatsApp a while after that things changed for the better, so much better! I feel them closer and they know instantly what is going on in our lives as well.
My boyfriend and I also realized that he WhatsApp calls also work better than the regular cell phone calls here in the United States. We couldn’t believe and we don’t understand it, but we are grateful for its “supremest” quality. Yes, WhatsApp deserves we make up a word to describe its out of the chart quality.
Thank you WhatsApp, you changed our world, allowing us to feel our loved ones as if they were so close to us when they are on the other hemisphere of the world.
WhatsApp fan and lover
- WhatsApp Inc.
- 155.7 MB
- Social Networking
Requires iOS 8.0 or later. Compatible with iPhone.
English, Arabic, Bengali, Catalan, Croatian, Czech, Danish, Dutch, Finnish, French, German, Greek, Gujarati, Hebrew, Hindi, Hungarian, Indonesian, Irish, Italian, Japanese, Korean, Malay, Marathi, Norwegian Bokmål, Persian, Polish, Portuguese, Romanian, Russian, Simplified Chinese, Slovak, Spanish, Swedish, Thai, Traditional Chinese, Turkish, Ukrainian, Urdu, Vietnamese
- Age Rating
- Rated 12+ for the following:
- Infrequent/Mild Profanity or Crude Humor
- Infrequent/Mild Horror/Fear Themes
- Infrequent/Mild Medical/Treatment Information
- Infrequent/Mild Mature/Suggestive Themes
- © 2019 WhatsApp Inc.
Get all of your passes, tickets, cards, and more in one place.
With Family Sharing set up, up to six family members can use this app.
Get things done within this app using just your voice.