WingX Pro7's simple subscription model:
● VFR Free!, CFI Free!, and MilitaryFree! - only VFR flying, CFI, or Active or Retired Military? Subscription is free.
● $74.95 annual subscription (or $199.95 for 3 years)
● $74.95 for Advanced IFR Subscription
● Free: 30-day Free Period
● Free: Synthetic Vision and Fuel Prices (with current subscription)
Includes VFR Sectionals, IFR Enroute Low and High, TACs, Flyway, Helicopter, Grand Canyon, and IFR Area charts plus APDs (geo-referenced), IAPs, etc
Advanced IFR Subscription
IAP geo-referencing, IAP Routing and ChartTouch
● Display Instrument Approach Procedures on the Moving Map.
● Minimum Vectoring Altitude Overlays on the Moving Map.
● New Advanced Moving Map with significant performance and stability improvements
● Visual region-based moving map data download selection. Faster downloads by downloading only what you need.
● Improved weather display - better animation, faster downloading, and vastly less network bandwidth usage
● Reworked data dissemination process to enable earlier release of cycle data, improved dual-cycle data management, dynamic real-time system configuration.
● Winner of many awards including multiple Stevie Awards, Appy Awards, and Aviation Consumer.
GPS-Enabled Moving Map
● VFR Sectionals, IFR Enroute Low and High, TACs, Flyways, Helicopter, Grand Canyon, and IFR Area charts
● Wx Overlays including NEXRAD composite and many other weather overlay types with animation, transparency, and low-bandwidth option (e.g. hotel rooms)
● DP, STAR, and IAP Routing (iPad only)
● North Up or Track Up
● Split Screen
● Business locations on Airport Diagrams
● ADS-B In-Flight Weather and Traffic
● X-Plane and MS Flight Sim compatible
● Ground Proximity Warning System (GPWS) - terrain and obstacles
● SmartTaxi™ - advanced taxi warning system
● FlightShare™ - share routes on the ground or in the air!
● traca™ Technology - simply draw the route
● WingX Rewind™ - record and playback flights including GPS, AHRS, and Pitot-Static.
● Auto switch to Airport Diagram
● Class B Transitions
● Search And Rescue Grids and Patterns (old/new) - Parallel, Square, Sector, and Auto Fill Grid - supports MGRS
● Overlay terrain and obstacles (terrain up to 60N)
● State Lines
● Airspace overlays
● Airspace Notifications
● Passive RADAR Altimeter - Terrain Elevation or AGL
● Terrain Profile View - with climb angle and 500fpm descent lines
● AHRS-driven Attitude Indicator
● Built-in Simulator
● Extra dimming for night operations
● User-Defined Waypoints
● Multi-Page Notepad with Undo
● Runway Extensions and Traffic Patterns
● Easy GPS Calibration - tap on moving map's altitude
● Count-Up/Down timers
● Numerous aircraft icons
● Stadium TFRs
● Print charts wirelessly
● Rotate DPs and STARs
● Draw on approach charts
● Color-coded and decoded METARs, TAFs, winds/temps aloft
● METAR Density Altitude and Freezing Levels
● Victor Airways, Jetways, DPs, STARs, and even IAPs!
● Total and Longer Than Direct distances
● Flight Log shows Headings, GS, ETE, Fuel Burn using winds aloft
● Optimize Altitude for winds aloft
● Flight Plans and Weather Briefings with Leidos. Can be reused for fast filing
● File, Close, and Cancel flight plans
● Route and Area Weather Briefings
● Aircraft Manager for auto-fill
● Pressure/Density Altitude
● Winds Aloft
● Runway Winds
● IFR Climb
● Descent Rate
● ACS and PTS
● Parts of the AIM
● AC61-65H - Including Endorsements
● AC61-67C - Stall and Spin Awarenes
● Pilot/Controller Glossary
● Aeronautical Contractions
Integrated Help System
● Built-in mini-manual
Note: Continued use of GPS running in the background can dramatically decrease battery life.
● Supports 56-day VFR Sectional publication cycle.
● Improved app stability and performance.
Ratings and Reviews
Been working from Blackberry to ipad
I can't even remember how long I have used this thing but it has worked nonstop the whole time. I fly all the time and often go to unfamiliar places. I typically fly alone and a fair amount of the time night or IFR. Flying is even a commute. How we ever managed with paper charts amazes me. Get a reliable tablet with a cell data plan and you have it all.
This is flight planning made easy and without a suitcase full of paper you have to mess with all the time. This latest rev of the program is the best yet. And with ADS-B in it is great for planning traffic avoidance. Yes one can actually plan to avoid others rather than just dodge them. The connection to and appearance of data from ADS-B seems instant when paired with a Lynx NGT9000.
I also prefer NOS charts and plates to Jep. This is somewhat a religion issue but for me it is just what i grew up with.
Why not five stars? The briefing interface is a bit arcane but no worse than DUATS was. Leidos made a big improvement and I think WingX should too in this area. Part of the issue is not WingX but the NOTAM mess which even the government had complained about.
Drive on Hilton as I hope to have afew more decades of good product.
Really love this program
I took a four year hiates from flying and got back into it again last year. I had the best of avionics including a Garman 430. This program is really better in many respects and Only requires an iPad and a GPS transmitter. I'm only flying vfr now but could not have done the flights I have done in the busy northeast corrider weaving my way around different air spaces. It's a great GPS and has many many other functions that I don't really use. I Love this program. thank you
PS I got my IFR currency and love using the approach plates. Especially like the Geo referencing so I can see my plane's exact position as I do an approach. I have no problems with slow redraw rate or anything else. Support has been excellent. Program has everything – flight planning, E6B, IFR and VFR for maps, approach plates, Airport information, and weather. Just got ADS-B– from Open Flight and am looking forward to using it on my iPad to display weather and other aircraft. Great program thank you
ForeFlight be Wing X
I have been a long time user of WingX , and hope we very disappointed with the recent release as I had expected a lot more. I just received the “Subscription renewal “ notice about a week ago. I use both Wing x and the Advanced IFR add on. Once I received the renewal reminder , I decided to give ForeFlight a try. After using the 30 day trial for a Cooke or days and getting used to it , I have to say , ForeFlight is light years ahead of WingX. There are a few things I like better with wing x , but that’s probably because I have used it exclusively for 6 years , but Forflight offers so much more in every area , especially in flight planning , finding IFR cleared routes automatically, filing etc. sorry , WingX , I have made the switch to ForeFlight WingX still just doesn’t seem to want to invest in making their product more competitive and feature based.
Data Not Linked to You
The following data may be collected but it is not linked to your identity:
- Contact Info
Privacy practices may vary, for example, based on the features you use or your age. Learn More
- Hilton Software LLC
- 67.3 MB
- Requires iOS 12.0 or later.
- Requires iPadOS 12.0 or later.
- iPod touch
- Requires iOS 12.0 or later.
- Age Rating
- This app may use your location even when it isn’t open, which can decrease battery life.
- © 2009-2019 Hilton Software
- In-App Purchases
- One Year Subscription $74.99
- Advanced IFR (One Year Subscription) $74.99
- VFR Free! $0.99
With Family Sharing set up, up to six family members can use this app.