Wire is the most secure collaboration platform. We increase the productivity in your team while keeping your information private. Wire allows your team to communicate and share information easily and securely - messages, files, conference calls or private conversations - always in context.
– Communicate with your teams through private or group conversations
– Share and collaborate with files, documents, links with reactions
– Press the one-click conference call button and your voice or video meetings starts on time
– Invite partners, customers and suppliers to collaborate through the unique guest rooms
– Increase privacy through ephemeral messages and device fingerprinting
– Integrate Wire with your corporate applications and services
– Recognized by IDC as industry leading security and privacy approach through Open Source, end to end
encryption, forward secrecy and public audits
Wire is available on any device and operating system - so your team can collaborate whether in the office or on the road.
Wire is also available as an on-demand solution for crisis collaboration.
Wire offers a free version for external business partners or friends and family use.
- Constant bit rate (CBR) is used by default for conference calls
- External users are easier to identify in lists and conversations
- App doesn’t navigate to the conversation from a push notification
- Close button is not visible on the user profile after opening a deep link on iPad
- Active speakers sometimes were shown for too long in active speaker view
- Post call popup not showing up when call was dropped intentionally
- Call may drop due to participants adding new devices
Ratings and Reviews
Overall pretty good, but with some glitches
I was under the impression that wire was secure. Then I read some reviews. It is disappointing how insecure it is. Lately it has had a bug which exhibits an Icon badge with a 1 in it when there are no unread messages. Sometimes it goes away after a new message comes in and you read it. But most of the time the 1 is there. In addition, the little green arrow in the upper left corner of an open chat window is accompanied by a tiny green dot, indicating a new message in a separate chat channel. This, too, is ever present whenever the phony icon badge is displayed.
I have switched over to Signal.
Good app, but major security flaws
This is a nice, well-designed app, but unfortunately it has major security flaws. Wire keeps logs of any contact you’ve ever contacted saved on their servers forever. Even your account password is insecurely handled. Security auditor CrySP noted: “The Wire client authenticates with a central server in order to provide user presence information. (Wire does not attempt to hide metadata, other than the central server promising not to log very much information.) The Wire whitepapers spend an unusual amount of space discussing the engineering details of this part of the protocol. However, the method of authentication is the same as it is on the web: the Wire client sends the unencrypted, unhashed password to the central server over TLS, the server hashes the plaintext password with scrypt, and the hash is compared to the hash stored by the server. This process leaks the user's password to the central server; the server operators (or anyone who compromises the server) could log all of the plaintext passwords as users authenticate.” I don’t know why an app that is allegedly security-focused leaves such huge compromises to basic account security.
Love it but please up the account limit!
I just started using this app as a fun way to message “in character” with the characters I write with my friends. So far, I’m loving the ability to customize the appearance of each account and have more than one logged in at once. It’s such a clean interface with no intrusive ads, and pretty easy to get the hang of. I’m having so much fun with it. However, PLEASE up the 3 account limit! I would love to add more accounts rather than be limited to 3 at once without having to log out (and lose all of my conversations.) Having no limit to accounts (or at the very least a higher limit than 3), would be extremely helpful and I would likely keep using this app indefinitely.
Data Linked to You
The following data may be collected and linked to your identity:
- Contact Info
Data Not Linked to You
The following data may be collected but it is not linked to your identity:
- Usage Data
Privacy practices may vary, for example, based on the features you use or your age. Learn More
- Wire Swiss GmbH
- 124.4 MB
- Requires iOS 10.0 or later.
- Requires iPadOS 10.0 or later.
- iPod touch
- Requires iOS 10.0 or later.
English, Arabic, Danish, Dutch, Estonian, Finnish, French, German, Italian, Japanese, Lithuanian, Polish, Portuguese, Russian, Simplified Chinese, Slovenian, Spanish, Traditional Chinese, Turkish, Ukrainian
- Age Rating
- © 2019 Wire Swiss GmbH
Get all of your passes, tickets, cards, and more in one place.
With Family Sharing set up, up to six family members can use this app.