Read Interactive AR Books
- Offers In-App Purchases
Imagine your favorite book came to life on your floor and asked you to play a part in the story! Wonderscope is an award-winning iOS app for kids that uses augmented reality to transform ordinary spaces into extraordinary stories. Through your Wonderscope, you can see the story take place all around you, whether you open the app in your room or outdoors. Read your lines aloud to engage with and talk to characters, and help them solve problems along the way.
WHAT PEOPLE ARE SAYING ABOUT WONDERSCOPE
New York Magazine:
“For parents with younger kids, I’ve got at least one thing that could assuage some of that guilt about screen time: Wonderscope.”
“What if you could give your child an iPad for an hour and not feel guilty about it?... an app that makes kids smile and feel confident as they read absolutely feels like a win.”
“Because kids look through the iPad to see the story on the other side, Wonderscope won’t close them off to the outside world.”
“To get a sense of Wonderscope, imagine if Snapchat filters or Pokemon Go went to work at Pixar after graduating from Juilliard.”
“The future of storytelling is happening all around us — we just have to look through the right lens to see it.”
Common Sense Media:
""It feels almost magical to watch as suddenly animated characters and scenery pop up all around you as part of ... engaging stories.""
WIRED, regarding Wonderscope story Clio's Cosmic Quest:
""It might be the best 8-minute astronomy lesson out there.""
In December 2019, Wondersope was awarded a BAFTA Children’s Award for its inaugural story, “A Brief History of Amazing Stunts by Astounding People,” created in partnership with PRELOADED.
GROWING LIBRARY OF INCREDIBLE STORIES
“Sinclair Snake: Museum Mischief”
- Be a junior detective in our newest story, Sinclair Snake: Museum Mischief! Explore 4 different exhibits, and learn about dinosaurs, Egypt, medieval times, and gems!
- In this spooky adventure, kids become the ghost of a haunted house and scare thieves away from a hidden treasure!
“Lauren and the Three Bears”
- A modernization of the classic fable, with a twist! Kids meet Lauren, a sharp, savvy kid who questions the common trope of fairy tales that assumes children can’t be trusted to make smart decisions.
“Clio’s Cosmic Quest”
- In this interactive galactic adventure, kids meet Clio, a tiny particle of stardust, and help her battle bullying while learning about star formation!
“A Brief History of Amazing Stunts by Astounding People”
- In this BAFTA Award-winning non-fiction series, kids take part in three of history’s most impossible stunts and meet the real people who made them happen.
“Little Red the Inventor”
- In this EQ focused modernization of Little Red Riding Hood, kids meet Red, a shy girl who loves to invent! Kids help her build her inventions and gain the confidence required to stand up to the Big Bad Wolf.
“Wonder's Land Ringmaster Wanted”
- Kids meet Wonder, the ringmaster of Wonder’s land, and help him bring everyone together for the carnival’s big show!
EXPLORE, LEARN, IMAGINE, AND COLLABORATE
- Move around to explore and discover magical worlds wherever you are
- Meet, help, and talk to pioneers, inventors, and heroes as you adventure together
- Learn brave, smart lessons from characters as you interact with them
- Only devices with iOS 11 and newer are compatible with this app
- Only iPhones 6S and newer are compatible with this app
- Only iPad 2017, iPad Pro, and newer are compatible with this app
SAFETY, PRIVACY, AND SUPPORT
- This app requires access to the device's camera and microphone for augmented reality and voice-recognition
- 100% Safe & Private. No personal data is recorded or saved
- This app encourages movement in physical space, so please be watchful of your surroundings
Big news! All seven Wonderscope stories are currently FREE for everyone to read and enjoy! These include:
- Sinclair Snake's Museum Mischief
- Clio's Cosmic Quest
- Willowcrest Manor
- Lauren & the Three Bears
- Wonder's Land
- Amazing Stunts
- Little Red
Ratings and Reviews
My son doesn’t like reading but with this app he enjoys trying. It has trouble hearing you and the music is a bit louder than the characters so you need to be in a quiet area or close to the phone and speak up. My son is quiet and doesn’t pronounce his words well so it’s a bit tough when the app can not understand him or hear him. Other than that this such a great idea! I feel if I point out the words and read out loud my son will get the hang of it and be able to do this on his own.
Thank you! We need more games like this ❤️
Over priced but great concept
There needs to be a way to share between family accounts. Both my kids loved the app, but to give the kids each of the stories is just waaayyy too expensive. Each story is $5 and cannot be shared so each kid has to buy it on their own account. The other issue is that it sometimes doesn’t hear when my kids are reading the words and other times it moves on before my kids are done reading. It can get frustrating. Also, sometimes it can play a story fine on our living room but then will randomly say it’s too dark without the light ever changing. The stories so far are fun and cool. And it is good motivation to read. I would add a subscription service that could be shared between accounts ( like with a parent log in) and I’d be willing to rate it much higher that way.
Doesn’t support family sharing
I love this app. We have every story. However, I finally got my son his own iPad and tried to share this app and all of the stories since it is supported by family sharing (according to their information in the store) and it is not sharing anything. It shows that I have re purchase all of the stories again. Each one of these is about $4.99 each, that adds up to a pretty penny. Why have it listed as family sharing supported if you aren’t going to allow that? I also contacted the developer already and received an email stating that they weren’t going to make it available to see on the other. Apple should make them REMOVE the identification of family sharing if they are not going to honor it.
Data Not Linked to You
The following data may be collected but it is not linked to your identity:
- Usage Data
Privacy practices may vary, for example, based on the features you use or your age. Learn More
- Amira Learning, Inc.
- 1.1 GB
- Requires iOS 14.0 or later.
- Requires iPadOS 14.0 or later.
- iPod touch
- Requires iOS 14.0 or later.
- Age Rating
- 4+, Made for Ages 6–8
- © 2022 Amira Learning, Inc.
- In-App Purchases
- Amazing Stunts $4.99
- Little Red the Inventor $4.99
- Willowcrest Manor $4.99
- Sinclair Snake $4.99
- Clio’s Cosmic Quest $0.00
- Wonder's Land $4.99
- Lauren and the Three Bears $4.99
- Promotional Product $4.99