Imagine your favorite book came to life on your floor and asked you to play a part in the story! Wonderscope is an award-winning iOS app for kids that uses augmented reality to transform ordinary spaces into extraordinary stories. Through your Wonderscope, you can see the story take place all around you, whether you open the app in your room or outdoors. Read your lines aloud to engage with and talk to characters, and help them solve problems along the way.
WHAT PEOPLE ARE SAYING ABOUT WONDERSCOPE
New York Magazine:
“For parents with younger kids, I’ve got at least one thing that could assuage some of that guilt about screen time: Wonderscope.”
“What if you could give your child an iPad for an hour and not feel guilty about it?... an app that makes kids smile and feel confident as they read absolutely feels like a win.”
“Because kids look through the iPad to see the story on the other side, Wonderscope won’t close them off to the outside world.”
“To get a sense of Wonderscope, imagine if Snapchat filters or Pokemon Go went to work at Pixar after graduating from Juilliard.”
“The future of storytelling is happening all around us — we just have to look through the right lens to see it.”
Common Sense Media:
"It feels almost magical to watch as suddenly animated characters and scenery pop up all around you as part of ... engaging stories."
WIRED, regarding Wonderscope story Clio's Cosmic Quest:
"It might be the best 8-minute astronomy lesson out there."
In December 2019, Wondersope was awarded a BAFTA Children’s Award for its inaugural story, “A Brief History of Amazing Stunts by Astounding People,” created in partnership with PRELOADED.
GROWING LIBRARY OF INCREDIBLE STORIES
“Sinclair Snake: Museum Mischief”
- Become a junior detective in our newest story! Explore 4 different exhibits, and learn about dinosaurs, Egypt, medieval times, and gems.
- In this spooky adventure, kids become the ghost of a haunted house and scare thieves away from a hidden treasure!
“Lauren and the Three Bears”
- A modernization of the classic fable, with a twist! Kids meet Lauren, a savvy kid who questions the common trope of fairy tales that assumes children can’t be trusted to make smart decisions.
“Clio’s Cosmic Quest”
- In this interactive galactic adventure, kids meet Clio, a tiny particle of stardust, and help her battle bullying while learning about star formation!
“A Brief History of Amazing Stunts by Astounding People”
- In this BAFTA Award-winning non-fiction series, kids take part in three of history’s most impossible stunts and meet the real people who made them happen.
“Little Red the Inventor”
- In this EQ focused spin of Little Red Riding Hood, kids meet Red, a shy girl who loves to invent! Kids help her build inventions and gain the confidence to stand up to the Big Bad Wolf.
“Wonder's Land Ringmaster Wanted”
- Kids meet Wonder, the ringmaster of Wonder’s land, and help him bring everyone together for the carnival’s big show!
Coming Soon to Wonderscope:
Our library is growing, and we are working on a new story where kids play a music making robot!
EXPLORE, LEARN, IMAGINE, AND COLLABORATE
- Move around to explore and discover magical worlds wherever you are
- Meet, help, and talk to pioneers, inventors, and heroes as you adventure together
- Learn smart lessons from characters as you interact with them
- Only devices with iOS 11 and newer are compatible with this app
- Only iPhones 6S and newer are compatible with this app
- Only iPad 2017, iPad Pro, and newer are compatible with this app
SAFETY, PRIVACY, AND SUPPORT
- This app requires access to the device's camera and microphone for augmented reality and voice-recognition
- 100% Safe & Private. No personal data is recorded or saved
- This app encourages movement in physical space, so please be watchful of your surroundings
- Please go to http://wonderscope.com/help for support
New story alert! Become a junior detective in our newest story, Sinclair Snake: Museum Mischief! Explore 4 different exhibits, and learn about dinosaurs, Egypt, medieval times, and gems!
We’re always updating Wonderscope to make the experience as amazing as possible. This update includes:
- A complete redesign of our app to show you more about every story in our library! Watch videos to learn more about the characters, worlds, and themes of each Wonderscope story.
- Performance and stability improvements
Like Wonderscope? Rate us! Your feedback helps make Wonderscope better!
Have a question? Shoot us a note at email@example.com
Ratings and ReviewsSee All
We haven’t seen anything like this before
Am always skeptical when it comes to kids apps and try to limit my kids’ screen time but this one blew us all away. Once the surprise and awe wore off of a virtual scene appearing in our living room, my eight year old began to follow the reading prompts which actually move you through the narrative. Exploring this pop up dynamic world is an amazing motivator to read in complete sentences instead of words or fragments. It was like a moving playground in our space where we could all explore. My son was standing, walking and even jumping (along with reading) while using this app unlike some other games where he is in some sedentary trance. Highly recommend to parents who may prefer to keep their kids engaged with their actual environment and reading instead of engrossed in a screen fantasy.
Over priced but great concept
There needs to be a way to share between family accounts. Both my kids loved the app, but to give the kids each of the stories is just waaayyy too expensive. Each story is $5 and cannot be shared so each kid has to buy it on their own account. The other issue is that it sometimes doesn’t hear when my kids are reading the words and other times it moves on before my kids are done reading. It can get frustrating. Also, sometimes it can play a story fine on our living room but then will randomly say it’s too dark without the light ever changing. The stories so far are fun and cool. And it is good motivation to read. I would add a subscription service that could be shared between accounts ( like with a parent log in) and I’d be willing to rate it much higher that way.
I got this app for my 6 year old who is struggling to find things he wants to read. He loved this app!! The AR makes it so interactive and fun. He was so excited about it that he has finished all of the stories in one day and we are now waiting for more to come out. My only complaint would be that you have to pay $5 for each story. I wish you could just pay once and have all of them included. However, I have now paid for all of them because he loves it. I guess it’s worth it to see him excited to read. Maybe. I still wish it weren’t so much for each story.
- Within Unlimited, Inc.
- 247.9 MB
Requires iOS 11.0 or later. Compatible with iPhone 6S, iPhone 6S Plus, iPhone SE (1st generation), iPhone 7, iPhone 7 Plus, iPhone 8, iPhone 8 Plus, iPhone X, iPhone XS, iPhone XS Max, iPhone XR, iPhone 11, iPhone 11 Pro, iPhone 11 Pro Max, iPhone SE (2nd generation), iPad Pro (12.9‑inch), iPad Pro (12.9‑inch) Wi-Fi + Cellular, iPad Pro (9.7‑inch), iPad Pro (9.7‑inch) Wi‑Fi + Cellular, iPad (5th generation), iPad (5th generation) Wi‑Fi + Cellular, iPad Pro (12.9‑inch) (2nd generation), iPad Pro (12.9‑inch) (2nd generation) Wi‑Fi + Cellular, iPad Pro (10.5‑inch), iPad Pro (10.5‑inch) Wi‑Fi + Cellular, iPad (6th generation), iPad Wi‑Fi + Cellular (6th generation), iPad Pro (11‑inch), iPad Pro (11‑inch) Wi‑Fi + Cellular, iPad Pro (12.9‑inch) (3rd generation), iPad Pro (12.9‑inch) (3rd generation) Wi‑Fi + Cellular, iPad mini (5th generation), iPad mini (5th generation) Wi‑Fi + Cellular, iPad Air (3rd generation), iPad Air (3rd generation) Wi‑Fi + Cellular, iPad (7th generation), iPad (7th generation) Wi‑Fi + Cellular, iPad Pro (11‑inch) (2nd generation), iPad Pro (11‑inch) (2nd generation) Wi‑Fi + Cellular, iPad Pro (12.9‑inch) (4th generation), iPad Pro (12.9‑inch) (4th generation) Wi‑Fi + Cellular, and iPod touch (7th generation).
- Age Rating
- © 2018 Within Unlimited, Inc.
- In-App Purchases
- Little Red the Inventor
- Amazing Stunts
- Wonder's Land
With Family Sharing set up, up to six family members can use this app.