Imagine your favorite book came to life on your floor and asked you to play a part in the story! Wonderscope is an iOS app for kids that uses augmented reality to transform ordinary spaces into extraordinary stories. Through your Wonderscope, you can see the story take place all around you, whether you open the app in your room or outdoors. Read your lines aloud to engage with and talk to characters, and help them solve problems along the way.
WHAT PEOPLE ARE SAYING ABOUT WONDERSCOPE
New York Magazine:
“For parents with younger kids, I’ve got at least one thing that could assuage some of that guilt about screen time: Wonderscope.”
“What if you could give your child an iPad for an hour and not feel guilty about it?... an app that makes kids smile and feel confident as they read absolutely feels like a win.”
“Because kids look through the iPad to see the story on the other side, Wonderscope won’t close them off to the outside world.”
“To get a sense of Wonderscope, imagine if Snapchat filters or Pokemon Go went to work at Pixar after graduating from Juilliard.”
“The future of storytelling is happening all around us — we just have to look through the right lens to see it.”
Common Sense Media:
"It feels almost magical to watch as suddenly animated characters and scenery pop up all around you as part of ... engaging stories."
WIRED, regarding Wonderscope story Clio's Cosmic Quest:
"It might be the best 8-minute astronomy lesson out there."
GROWING LIBRARY OF INCREDIBLE STORIES
- In this spooky adventure, kids get to become the ghost of a haunted house and scare thieves away from a hidden treasure!
“Lauren and the Three Bears”
- A modernization of the classic fable, with a twist! Kids get to meet Lauren, a sharp, savvy kid who questions the common trope of fairy tales that assumes children can’t be trusted to make smart decisions.
“Clio’s Cosmic Quest”
- In this interactive galactic adventure, kids get to meet Clio, a tiny particle of stardust, and help her battle bullying while learning about star formation!
“A Brief History of Amazing Stunts by Astounding People”
- In this non-fiction series, kids can take part in three of history’s most impossible stunts and meet the real people who made them happen.
“Little Red the Inventor”
- In this EQ focused modernization of Little Red Riding Hood, kids get to meet Red, a shy girl who loves to invent! Kids get to help her build her inventions and help her gain the confidence required to stand up to the Big Bad Wolf.
“Wonder's Land Ringmaster Wanted”
- Kids get to meet Wonder, the ringmaster of Wonder’s land, and help him bring everyone together for the carnival’s big show!
Coming Soon to Wonderscope:
Our library is growing, and we are working on a new story where kids play a junior detective, completely immersed in an incredible museum that takes over their room!
EXPLORE, LEARN, IMAGINE, AND COLLABORATE
- Move around to explore and discover magical worlds wherever you are
- Meet, help, and talk to pioneers, inventors, and heroes as you adventure together
- Take fun pictures and remix the real world with extraordinary stories
- Learn brave, smart, and ambitious lessons from characters as you interact with them
- Control and impact the world with your decisions
- Only devices with iOS 11 and newer are compatible with this app
- Only iPhones 6S and newer are compatible with this app
- Only iPad 2017, iPad Pro, and newer are compatible with this app
SAFETY, PRIVACY, AND SUPPORT
- This app requires access to the device's camera and microphone for augmented reality and voice-recognition
- 100% Safe & Private. No personal data is recorded or saved
- This app encourages movement in physical space, so please be watchful of your surroundings
- Please go to http://wonderscope.com/help for any support you need
Happy Halloween! Become the ghost of a haunted house in our newest story, WILLOWCREST MANOR! Swipe past Wonder’s Land on the main page to begin your ghostly adventure!
We’re always updating Wonderscope to make the experience as amazing as possible. This update also includes performance and stability improvements.
Like Wonderscope? Rate us! Your feedback helps make Wonderscope better!
Have a question? Shoot us a note at firstname.lastname@example.org
Ratings and Reviews
My son doesn’t like reading but with this app he enjoys trying. It has trouble hearing you and the music is a bit louder than the characters so you need to be in a quiet area or close to the phone and speak up. My son is quiet and doesn’t pronounce his words well so it’s a bit tough when the app can not understand him or hear him. Other than that this such a great idea! I feel if I point out the words and read out loud my son will get the hang of it and be able to do this on his own.
Thank you! We need more games like this ❤️
We haven’t seen anything like this before
Am always skeptical when it comes to kids apps and try to limit my kids’ screen time but this one blew us all away. Once the surprise and awe wore off of a virtual scene appearing in our living room, my eight year old began to follow the reading prompts which actually move you through the narrative. Exploring this pop up dynamic world is an amazing motivator to read in complete sentences instead of words or fragments. It was like a moving playground in our space where we could all explore. My son was standing, walking and even jumping (along with reading) while using this app unlike some other games where he is in some sedentary trance. Highly recommend to parents who may prefer to keep their kids engaged with their actual environment and reading instead of engrossed in a screen fantasy.
Incredible app - and a great use of AR!
The concept behind this app seems simple, but the implementation is *perfectly* done, and extremely compelling: Instead of simply reading a story, you are an active participant in it - using Augmented Reality to place the characters and interactions all around you, via your device’s camera. This approach is not only more engaging than other storytelling methods, but results in it also being more immersive ... and impactful.
My son loves seeing the stories unfold in the real world around him, and I love that he must interact with the other characters by voice (not just by tapping the screen). As such, Wonderscope is helping with his confidence in speaking, helping him practice conversational skills, etc. All while he’s having fun using the iPhone as a “magical portal” into the stories.
The quality of the animation, music, and voice acting is phenomenal - and helps put this app in a class far above other similar storytelling apps. I am so thankful for finding this app, and can’t wait for other stories to be released.
Kudos to the developer for such a great product!!
- Within Unlimited, Inc.
- 460.1 MB
Requires iOS 11.0 or later. Compatible with iPhone 6S, iPhone 6S Plus, iPhone SE, iPhone 7, iPhone 7 Plus, iPhone 8, iPhone 8 Plus, iPhone X, iPhone XS, iPhone XS Max, iPhone XR, iPhone 11, iPhone 11 Pro, iPhone 11 Pro Max, iPad Pro (12.9-inch), iPad Pro (12.9-inch) Wi-Fi + Cellular, iPad Pro (9.7‑inch), iPad Pro (9.7-inch) Wi‑Fi + Cellular, iPad (5th generation), iPad (5th generation) Wi‑Fi + Cellular, iPad Pro (12.9‑inch) (2nd generation), iPad Pro (12.9‑inch) (2nd generation) Wi‑Fi + Cellular, iPad Pro (10.5‑inch), iPad Pro (10.5-inch) Wi‑Fi + Cellular, iPad (6th generation), iPad Wi-Fi + Cellular (6th generation), iPad Pro (11-inch), iPad Pro (11-inch) Wi-Fi + Cellular, iPad Pro (12.9-inch) (3rd generation), iPad Pro (12.9-inch) (3rd generation) Wi-Fi + Cellular, iPad mini (5th generation), iPad mini (5th generation) Wi-Fi + Cellular, iPad Air (3rd generation), iPad Air (3rd generation) Wi-Fi + Cellular, iPad (7th generation), iPad (7th generation) Wi-Fi + Cellular, and iPod touch (7th generation).
- Age Rating
- Rated 4+
- © 2018 Within Unlimited, Inc.
- In-App Purchases
- Little Red the Inventor $4.99
- Amazing Stunts $4.99
- Wonder's Land
With Family Sharing set up, up to six family members can use this app.