Imagine your favorite book came to life on your floor and asked you to play a part in the story! Wonderscope is an iOS app for kids that uses augmented reality to transform ordinary spaces into extraordinary stories. Through your Wonderscope, you can see the story take place all around you, whether you open the app in your room or outdoors. Read your lines aloud to engage with and talk to characters, and help them solve problems along the way.
WHAT PEOPLE ARE SAYING ABOUT WONDERSCOPE
New York Magazine:
“For parents with younger kids, I’ve got at least one thing that could assuage some of that guilt about screen time: Wonderscope.”
“What if you could give your child an iPad for an hour and not feel guilty about it?... an app that makes kids smile and feel confident as they read absolutely feels like a win.”
“Because kids look through the iPad to see the story on the other side, Wonderscope won’t close them off to the outside world.”
“Wonderscope, a new augmented reality app for Apple devices, reminded me of that childhood feeling, of a kid's imagination ignited by a story.”
“The future of storytelling is happening all around us — we just have to look through the right lens to see it.”
Common Sense Media:
"It feels almost magical to watch as suddenly animated characters and scenery pop up all around you as part of ... engaging stories."
GROWING LIBRARY OF INCREDIBLE STORIES
“Wonder's Land Ringmaster Wanted”
- You’re late! Wonder, The Ringmaster of Wonder’s Land, wants you to take over his job. There’s just too much magic in Wonder’s Land and he’s had enough! But before you can take the job, he needs your help getting everyone ready for the carnival’s big opening. Use your voice to help Wonder round everyone up, and teach him a thing or two about magic along the way.
"A Brief History of Amazing Stunts by Astounding People"
- Take part in three of history’s most impossible stunts and meet the real people that made them happen: Betty Bromage, an 88-year old grandmother that stood on the wings of an airborne bi-plane; Helen Gibson, Hollywood’s first stuntwoman; and Charles Blondin, the first person to tightrope walk across Niagara Falls.
"Little Red the Inventor"
- Pair up with Red, a modern-day Little Red Riding Hood who has added “inventor” to her resume. Together they solve tricky situations to evade the Big Bad Wolf, using their voices to stand up for what’s right, and their smarts to become heroes in this new take on a classic fairy tale.
Coming Soon to Wonderscope:
Our library is growing, and we are working on a new story that brings the cosmos to you! Astronauts, prepare for liftoff!
EXPLORE, LEARN, IMAGINE, AND COLLABORATE
- Move around to explore and discover magical worlds wherever you are
- Meet, help, and talk to pioneers, inventors, and heroes as you adventure together
- Take fun pictures and remix the real world with extraordinary stories
- Learn brave, smart, and ambitious lessons from characters as you interact with them
- Control and impact the world with your decisions
- Only devices with iOS 11 and newer are compatible with this app
- Only iPhones 6S and newer are compatible with this app
- Only iPad 2017, iPad Pro, and newer are compatible with this app
SAFETY, PRIVACY, AND SUPPORT
- This app requires access to the device's camera and microphone for augmented reality and voice-recognition
- 100% Safe & Private. No personal data is recorded or saved
- This app encourages movement in physical space, so please be watchful of your surroundings
- Please go to http://wonderscope.com/help for any support you need
New story alert! Join Clio in her Cosmic Quest to become a big, beautiful star. Step into a space portal and explore amazing facts about our solar system! Swipe through the main page to get to Clio.
We're always updating Wonderscope to make the experience as amazing as possibe. This update also includes performance and stability improvements.
Like Wonderscope? Rate us! Your feedback keeps our story going.
Have a question? Shoot us a note at email@example.com
Ratings and Reviews
My son doesn’t like reading but with this app he enjoys trying. It has trouble hearing you and the music is a bit louder than the characters so you need to be in a quiet area or close to the phone and speak up. My son is quiet and doesn’t pronounce his words well so it’s a bit tough when the app can not understand him or hear him. Other than that this such a great idea! I feel if I point out the words and read out loud my son will get the hang of it and be able to do this on his own.
Thank you! We need more games like this ❤️
We haven’t seen anything like this before
Am always skeptical when it comes to kids apps and try to limit my kids’ screen time but this one blew us all away. Once the surprise and awe wore off of a virtual scene appearing in our living room, my eight year old began to follow the reading prompts which actually move you through the narrative. Exploring this pop up dynamic world is an amazing motivator to read in complete sentences instead of words or fragments. It was like a moving playground in our space where we could all explore. My son was standing, walking and even jumping (along with reading) while using this app unlike some other games where he is in some sedentary trance. Highly recommend to parents who may prefer to keep their kids engaged with their actual environment and reading instead of engrossed in a screen fantasy.
I got this app for my 6 year old who is struggling to find things he wants to read. He loved this app!! The AR makes it so interactive and fun. He was so excited about it that he has finished all of the stories in one day and we are now waiting for more to come out. My only complaint would be that you have to pay $5 for each story. I wish you could just pay once and have all of them included. However, I have now paid for all of them because he loves it. I guess it’s worth it to see him excited to read. Maybe. I still wish it weren’t so much for each story.
- Within Unlimited, Inc.
- 535.8 MB
Requires iOS 11.0 or later. Compatible with iPhone 6S, iPhone 6S Plus, iPhone SE, iPhone 7, iPhone 7 Plus, iPhone 8, iPhone 8 Plus, iPhone X, iPhone XS, iPhone XS Max, iPhone XR, 12.9-inch iPad Pro, 12.9-inch iPad Pro Wi-Fi + Cellular, iPad Pro (9.7‑inch), iPad Pro (9.7-inch) Wi‑Fi + Cellular, iPad (5th generation), iPad (5th generation) Wi‑Fi + Cellular, iPad Pro (12.9‑inch) (2nd generation), iPad Pro (12.9‑inch) (2nd generation) Wi‑Fi + Cellular, iPad Pro (10.5‑inch), iPad Pro (10.5-inch) Wi‑Fi + Cellular, iPad (6th generation), iPad Wi-Fi + Cellular (6th generation), iPad Pro (11-inch), iPad Pro (11-inch) Wi-Fi + Cellular, iPad Pro (12.9-inch), iPad Pro (12.9-inch) Wi‑Fi + Cellular, iPad mini (5th generation), iPad mini (5th generation) Wi-Fi + Cellular, iPad Air (3rd generation), iPad Air (3rd generation) Wi-Fi + Cellular, and iPod touch (7th generation).
- Age Rating
- Rated 4+
- © 2018 Within Unlimited, Inc.
- In-App Purchases
- Amazing Stunts $0.99
- Little Red the Inventor $0.99
- Clio’s Cosmic Quest $0.99
With Family Sharing set up, up to six family members can use this app.