Manage or create your WordPress blog or website right from your iOS device: create and edit posts and pages, upload your favorite photos and videos, view stats and reply to comments.
With WordPress for iOS, you have the power to publish in the palm of your hand. Draft a spontaneous haiku from the couch. Snap and post a photo on your lunch break. Respond to your latest comments, or check your stats to see what new countries today’s visitors are coming from.
WordPress for iOS is an Open Source project, which means you too can contribute to its development. Learn more at https://apps.wordpress.com/contribute/.
WordPress for iOS supports WordPress.com and self-hosted WordPress.org sites running WordPress 4.0 or higher.
Need help with the app? Visit the forums at https://ios.forums.wordpress.org/ or tweet us @WordPressiOS.
- We know that your website is a passion project and you never really look at your stats because they’re totally not important. But just in case, we added a Today widget you can use to display all-time stats.
- The block editor has more goodies: you’ll find a Gallery block for making multi-image galleries from files in your Media Library, and there’s support for block-specific settings in the List and Video blocks.
- It’s also got one fewer baddie: if your app ever crashed after you opened some block settings and then rotated your device, you’ve now had that experience for the last time.
- And last but not least, sometimes you’d take the “Follow other sites” tour, but the tour wouldn’t be marked off as “Complete.” We never meant to deprive anyone of one of life’s greatest satisfactions, that of crossing a finished item off a list, so this is fixed.
Ratings and ReviewsSee All
Ver. 13.1 stats not showing for the current day
I updated my iPhone and iPad to 13.1 (had to completely reinstall the app on my iPhone a few days ago when an earlier version 13.0? was released...). It is about 6:50 AM on August 27th. The Stats display still only shows stats up through 8/26 on the iOS app for both iPhone and iPad. If I use a web browser on a laptop and visit my site stats, I can see stats correctly up through 8/27, but not in the iOD version. I tried to open a chat session with you on my laptop to inform you of this, but it wasn’t connecting to anything, so, sorry, but I had to use this route for feedback. Hope you see this report!!!
P.S. - My time zone is set correctly to Los Angeles in both the iOS and web versions. The latest iOS version history mentioned changes to the time zone setting, so I think this change was not thoroughly tested.
PLEASE MOVE SLOWLY AND DO NOT BREAK THINGS!! Facebook’s software development philosophy is total crap!
Yes, it’s a mobile app, and ten years ago that would have justified its limited functionality and beta-like business, but not any more. The phone I use today has twice the computing power of the desktop computer I had when I first used WordPress. There’s simply no reason a Mobile app doesn’t have the same options I can get access to through a desktop computer. Add to that it’s inability to communicate properly with the desktop site (like how it almost never recognizes posts started, scheduled, or even published from the desktop) and it’s annoying built in bugs (it’s actually designed to pick up already used tags only after you type at least two letters (really? If I have to remember at least the first two letters then I’m actually forced to memorize them all... so what’s the point?).
I suggest the top brass as WordPress use only this app for all their publishing needs for the next month. I’m certain we’d see some improvements. Until then I’ll just fumble through this as best I can going back and forth between app and desktop because, frankly, the website isn’t exactly mobile friendly. But then, neither is the mobile app.
Developer Response ,
> it almost never recognizes posts started, scheduled, or even published from the desktop
This should not be happening. It sounds like you might have setup the Jetpack at some point in the past and now it's not syncing correctly in the app either because of a change to the plugin (was it removed?) or it might be another plugin conflict or server-side issue. We'd love to get more detail about your specific case to see if there's anything we can do to help. Please consider contacting support using the form on the Profile > Help & Support page in the app to continue the discussion.
Perfect for blogging on the go, but...
Being that I tend to work on my iPad and not a laptop like most bloggers I know of, having this app really makes it easy for me to do just that. I do have a couple of suggestions. While I realise not everything that can be done on the browser can be possible on an app, I’m still suggesting:
1) Please integrate Gutenberg into the app. It’s been a bit messy going back and forth from browser to app without the integration.
2) Please integrate a way to adjust the uploaded photo size. Not just the display size but the actual image size. Sometimes, it can only be downloaded into one giant resolution that isn’t necessary for the size of blog content and it could help with storage and bandwidth issues.
Thanks! Truly enjoy WordPress.
Developer Response ,
Thank you for your suggestions! I wanted to respond to your suggestions really quick.
Gutenberg is coming for the app! We are working on it currently and will release it as soon as possible!
As for changing the photo size, we do have an option where you can optimize images as you upload them to your site in the app, which will allow for making smaller images. To use this feature go to Me > App Settings and use the slider to set the maximum size of new images.
- Automattic, Inc.
- 165.4 MB
Requires iOS 11.0 or later. Compatible with iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch.
English, Albanian, Arabic, Bulgarian, Croatian, Czech, Danish, Dutch, French, German, Hebrew, Hungarian, Icelandic, Indonesian, Italian, Japanese, Korean, Norwegian Bokmål, Polish, Portuguese, Romanian, Russian, Simplified Chinese, Slovak, Spanish, Swedish, Thai, Traditional Chinese, Turkish, Welsh
- Age Rating
- Infrequent/Mild Profanity or Crude Humor
- Infrequent/Mild Horror/Fear Themes
- Infrequent/Mild Medical/Treatment Information
- Infrequent/Mild Alcohol, Tobacco, or Drug Use or References
- Infrequent/Mild Mature/Suggestive Themes
- Infrequent/Mild Cartoon or Fantasy Violence
- Infrequent/Mild Sexual Content and Nudity
- Infrequent/Mild Realistic Violence
- © 2019 Automattic Inc.
With Family Sharing set up, up to six family members can use this app.