The Workplace Chat app lets you keep in touch with your coworkers, wherever you are. Simply sign in to your existing account, or create one from scratch in the app itself.
With messaging tools your teams already knows how to use, Workplace Chat lets you:
- Send messages to individual coworkers, or have group conversations.
- Share unlimited files, photos and videos.
- Make voice and video calls from anywhere in the world.
- Turn on "Do Not Disturb" when you're busy or away from work.
Workplace Chat is ad-free and totally separate from Facebook and Messenger, making it easier to balance your work and private lives.
We've redesigned Workplace Chat making it simpler to navigate and easier to get work done! This version's changes include:
• A new design and simpler layout with tabs for Chats & People.
• Several bug fixes and performance improvements.
• And to add a bit of fun, you can now customize the color of your chat threads.
Ratings and ReviewsSee All
Great service, chat app can use work
- audio quality is somewhat poor when compared to other business messengers
- more collaboration tools would be handy for screen sharing, a pointer, pencil to circle objects etc.
- adding an attachment to chats natively in the app, use the iOS Share feature is a good option.
- dark mode for the app
- color themes
From Workplace Chat to Workplace Trash with one single update
I’ve been a big fan of workplace by Facebook for years. My entire team of 60 plus uses it every day. Well, they have just massively RUINED IT! The new update is absolute GARBAGE and it’s almost like they went back in a Time Machine to 12 years ago when apps where barely developing. This is horrible Facebook. We expect way more from you.
They took away voice messages. I can’t send a short 10 second video recorded on my phone. Voice calls dont work well. It doesn’t even ring. Phone calls don’t work. I mean, the list is EXTENSIVE.
Let me count the number of times that I’ve left negative reviews on the App Store.... 1,2,3,4,5. ZERO! So you get the idea. I’m furious. It has slowed down my speed of production and communication with my team by easily 80%.
I figured out that if you delete the app and re-install you can get the old version back. I did that and I also stopped automatic updates from happening to avoid getting the same trash put back in my phone (It happened twice until I figured out I had to stop automatic updates).
Hopefully Facebook fixes this horrible update soon.
Newest Update May 2020 is Terrible for a Great App
This app was one of my favorites for our office communication. It was already simple enough but removing key features like audio messages in the name of simplicity makes this chat less & less useful. Notifications don’t work right anymore either. I feel this was a step backwards in the design and user interface. I NEVER had issues with crashing or the app just spinning upon opening until the newest update was released. I wish I could go back to the older version because I really enjoyed it.
- Facebook, Inc.
- 148.5 MB
Requires iOS 12.0 or later. Compatible with iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch.
English, Czech, Danish, Dutch, Finnish, French, German, Greek, Indonesian, Italian, Japanese, Korean, Malay, Norwegian Bokmål, Polish, Portuguese, Russian, Simplified Chinese, Spanish, Swedish, Thai, Traditional Chinese, Turkish, Vietnamese
- Age Rating
- © Facebook, Inc.
With Family Sharing set up, up to six family members can use this app.