Writer Assistant (Wassi) is an application created specifically for inventors! We all constantly invent new characters for our stories, be it a comic, a novel, a script, a play, or a game. And so that our characters are alive and riveted the attention, they need to be developed a lot! That is what the Writer Assistant was created for! Plus, with Wassi you can easily outline your stories on the go. Let's check it!
With Wassi support, you can:
- create separate projects for each of your universes
- create characters and locations
- develop characters and locations using leading questions in the program
- add photos to the characters and locations
- create worlds where your story happen
- describe every millimeter of the world by filling races, flora, animals of the world and more
- create stories with your characters
- outline stories
- create stories plots and scenes and connect them
- export created projects to PDF-documents
Free version limitations:
- 3 projects
- 3 characters, 3 locations, 3 stories, 3 worlds per project
- 3 plots, 3 scenes per story
- watermark and link to the app's AppStore webpage in the exported document
- saving and restoring backups not available
To remove all limitations you can upgrade to the Pro version by clicking the "Upgrade to Pro" menu item and purchasing Pro version license. You can share one license between all your iOS devices.
In the next update:
- ability to add items
- more details about constituents of the world
- ability to add connections between characters
- ability to set up characters and location of the scene
- export to the DOCX format
- fixed bug with share dialog for exporting and saving backup for projects on iPad
Ratings and Reviews
Good app for writers
I haven’t had many issues with this app. I went for the $3 pro version because it’s a one time purchase to get unlimited access, which is worth it in my opinion.
Some things I’d change/would like to see added:
These would be great for organizing characters specifically, with the ability to name a folder and maybe add an image to it. (Would help me with characters who are part of the same family)
We have under “World” and “Culture” several smaller sections like “Religions and Beliefs”, “Ethics and Values” etc. These work like the character entrees, but don't have much elaboration beyond “name, one sentence description, and long description”. I think it would be helpful to have some elaboration and specific questions to answer in these areas.
•Adding images to projects/ better image display in general
•More in depth story planning
Right now we only have “story”, “plot” and “scenes”, the addition of connections between characters and plots would be neat. Also overall the ability to make connections between characters and locations.
Great app! But there’s a typing bug...
This app is really useful for planning and keeping track of my characters!
However, whenever I try to add to a section that has a lot of notes, the place I’m typing will suddenly and randomly move to somewhere in a paragraph above. I often have to retype my ideas multiple times to get them in the right place.
Also, I love the specificity of all the different tabs and sections, I would find it helpful to have the option to create my own sections too, as well as to have a place for writing longer notes.
I honestly don't understand the bad reviews on this app. Sure, there's limitations, but it's better than nothing. This app is pretty much perfect for aspiring writers to really develop, organize, and grow their stories even without paying. It's not even that expensive to upgrade to the pro version, so I'm not sure what all the fuss is about. If you need more room to add new characters and plots, just create a new project and add your additional stuff there. Overall, if you're looking for a good way to plan and organize your story, you should definitely give this app a try.
No Details Provided
The developer will be required to provide privacy details when they submit their next app update.
- Dmitry Novikov
- 27.8 MB
- Requires iOS 9.0 or later.
- Requires iPadOS 9.0 or later.
- iPod touch
- Requires iOS 9.0 or later.
- Requires macOS 11.0 or later and a Mac with Apple M1 chip or later.
- Age Rating
- © 2017-2019 Dimka Novikov labs.
- In-App Purchases
- Unlock of the pro version $2.99