Writer Assistant (Wassi) is an application created specifically for inventors! We all constantly invent new characters for our stories, be it a comic, a novel, a script, a play, or a game. And so that our characters are alive and riveted the attention, they need to be developed a lot! That is what the Writer Assistant was created for! Plus, with Wassi you can easily outline your stories on the go. Let's check it!
With Wassi support, you can:
- create separate projects for each of your universes
- create characters and locations
- develop characters and locations using leading questions in the program
- add photos to the characters and locations
- create worlds where your story happen
- describe every millimeter of the world by filling races, flora, animals of the world and more
- create stories with your characters
- outline stories
- create stories plots and scenes and connect them
- export created projects to PDF-documents
Free version limitations:
- 3 projects
- 3 characters, 3 locations, 3 stories, 3 worlds per project
- 3 plots, 3 scenes per story
- watermark and link to the app's AppStore webpage in the exported document
- saving and restoring backups not available
To remove all limitations you can upgrade to the Pro version by clicking the "Upgrade to Pro" menu item and purchasing Pro version license. You can share one license between all your iOS devices.
In the next update:
- ability to add items
- more details about constituents of the world
- ability to add connections between characters
- ability to set up characters and location of the scene
- export to the DOCX format
- fixed bug with share dialog for exporting and saving backup for projects on iPad
Ratings and ReviewsSee All
Great app! But there’s a typing bug...
This app is really useful for planning and keeping track of my characters!
However, whenever I try to add to a section that has a lot of notes, the place I’m typing will suddenly and randomly move to somewhere in a paragraph above. I often have to retype my ideas multiple times to get them in the right place.
Also, I love the specificity of all the different tabs and sections, I would find it helpful to have the option to create my own sections too, as well as to have a place for writing longer notes.
Love it but concerned
I absolutely love this app. It helps with developing characters for the stories I write. The only concern I have is if the pro version is a subscription or if it’s a one time buy. It would be helpful if that info was put in the app description box so people know. I’m not interested in a subscription simply because funds are extremely tight for me right now, but I do want the full version. If that info was put in the description to help me decide, I would have given this app 5 stars.
Developer Response ,
Hello, my friend! The pro-version is a one-time payment (went to update the description).
Having fun so far, a couple suggestions
I’m really enjoying this app! It’s well-worth the $3 for the full version, and I love how specific it can get! There are a couple of things that would make it even better, though:
- Option to discriminate between major and minor characters would be nice.
- I’d love to see a “residents” tab for locations, as a lot of characters will be showing up all over the map. It’d be a matter of checkboxes based on your current character list. It would help me more than clicking each character to see their residence I’ve listed.
- Or, simply the option to add our own tabs and/or text boxes would also be neat.
Thanks for this super handy app!
- Dmitry Novikov
- 27.8 MB
Requires iOS 9.0 or later. Compatible with iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch.
- Age Rating
- © 2017-2019 Dimka Novikov labs.
- In-App Purchases
- Unlock of the pro version $2.99
With Family Sharing set up, up to six family members can use this app.