X Drummer is the ultimate drum production tool for guitarists, songwriters and mobile musicians. Start your musical journey by playing a simple riff on your guitar - X Drummer listens in real-time, searching for a matching drum performance based on the tempo and feel of your riff. The extensive groove library offers detailed realism, encompassing the subtle nuances of a real drummer and delivering realistic drum performances - not just generic backing tracks.
Record your musical ideas into X Drummer and take them along with you, whether you’re at home, on the road or in the studio. Then utilize the simple-yet-robust drum editor to fine-tune your drum grooves and further personalize your song.
Easily create a drum track
- “Play To Find” instantly listens and searches for a drum track that meshes with your guitar riff
- X Drummer can use an audio interface or the built-in mic on your iPad to hear and analyze your riff
- Get started quickly by using any of the 60+ pre-made drum tracks available
- Swap out different drum kits on the fly to instantly audition your existing groove with new sounds
Browse the entire collection
- Apply Quick Filter to search for the exact groove that you want
- Build your drum track from scratch using one or more of the 380+ patterns available in the library
- Audition each pattern or an entire drum track using X Drummer’s simple controls
- Instantly add patterns and drum tracks to the Song Editor
Personalize your song idea
- Use Inter-App Audio to record your riff by incorporating other musical instrument applications
- Song Editor lets you edit drum patterns by changing hit articulations, notations, and the leading hand
- Use any of the 5 available dynamic presets to get the groove that you’re looking for
- Export your song as MIDI or an audio file to other music apps, via Open In, email or Dropbox
Build and customize your drum kit
- Quickly build your own drum kit from the 7 built-in drum sets (Funk, Pop Rock, Cocktail, Country, Metal, Studio and Vintage)
- Swap out each drum and cymbal to build a kit that matches the needs of your song perfectly
- Further customize your kit by changing the drumhead, dampening devices, pitch, and more
- Personalize the look of your kit by applying different finishes and changing hardware fittings
- 7 studio-quality vintage and modern drum kits
- 5 additional drum kits available for purchase (80s Rock, Modern FX, Jazz, Progressive Metal, Indie Rock)
- 240 MIDI grooves available for purchase (80s Pop, Classic Rock, Heavy Metal)
- Build your own signature drum kits and apply them to your drum track on the fly for instant results
- Drum preset system to save and recall favorite drums
- Simple and intuitive filter system for easy navigation within the grooves library
- Inter-App Audio support
- Audiobus support
- Background audio mode
- Export your song as MIDI or an audio file (via Dropbox or Mail)
- Optimized for retina display
What’s New in Version 1.5
- Completely redesigned user interface for better workflow – new Song Editor, transport controls, Browser, Play to Find, and more.
- The groove library has been expanded to 380+ realistic drum performances.
- New drum kit preset management lets users quickly save and recall custom drum kits.
- Improved Play to Find engine for more accurate and faster analysis.
- New filter options allow quicker navigation within the MIDI groove library.
- Recorder feature allows users to overdub guitar riffs on top of the backing drum track.
- 5 new drum kits (80s Rock, Modern FX, Jazz, Progressive Metal and Indie Rock) available as in-app purchases.
- 3 MIDI groove packs (80s Pop, Classic Rock and Heavy Metal) available via in-app purchase.
- Inter-App Audio and Audiobus support (full integration with BIAS FX, BIAS Amp, BIAS Pedal, and JamUp).
- Export audio and drum tracks via Email or Dropbox.
Bug fixes and performance improvements.
Ratings and Reviews
Promising but flawed
Update: The IAP bug has been fixed, nice! If they can get a little more realism out of some of the samples, this will be a no brainer for iOS producers. I use it now was a practice tool (when not using another Positive Grid app). Though AUv3 would really be handy, the seemingly truncated samples on the snares and toms are the only real issue I see. Keep up the great work Positive Grid!
This app has a lot of potential. That said it has some serious flaws. First off, in the new update, trying to launch the store seems to crash the app every time. Second, some of the samples, particularly the snares and toms, seem oddly truncated and lack a certain realism. I have heard other drum apps that do not have this issue, so I am curious why this one does. Third, though many of the drum patterns are really quite good, some have really odd playing artifacts such as way to many quick, fidgety drum hits and the like.
However, the app does have a lot of promise. If Positive Grid keeps on it, they could have a truly great app on their hands. Most of this companies products are top notch, so I am hoping they address some of these issues.
Really want to give 5 stars but for the static
Generates such great rhythms in so many styles and so many time signatures. I love the several customs drums sets I’ve made and the couple of songs I’ve sequenced.
But there’s this annoying static, as if some of the samples push the levels into the red causing ugly digital distortion. It is very soft, but it makes it useless for recording in the studio. Also in pattern mode, it would be so much better if there was a quantize option so that the next selection of chorus or verse or bridge and such would wait to trigger on the ONE, instead of immediately switching in the middle of a beat. Fix those two things and this would be by far the best drum app out there. Nearly unusable for performing as it is now. Can only be used as a practice tool.
It’s been a long while for an update, so likely soon to drop to three stars for my needs. I spent quite a bit on all the IAP’s. Sure hope this app has not been abandoned by the developer.
Awesome Drums on iOS
I just picked this up while it was free and I can't believe I've missed out on this before. A lot of sales emphasis had been put on the "Find a jam while you play" feature, which seems redundant (to me). However, the drums sound amazing, there's plenty of beats to get you started and the iAPs are very reasonably priced too. I also really like the kit customization feature. Together with the BIAS range, this is a killer combo.
For realistic acoustic drums, this will certainly become my go-to drum app!
Data Not Collected
The developer does not collect any data from this app.
Privacy practices may vary, for example, based on the features you use or your age. Learn More
- Positive Grid Inc
- 798.5 MB
- Requires iPadOS 11.0 or later.
- Age Rating
- © 2017 Positive Grid Inc
- In-App Purchases
- Classic Rock $3.99
- Heavy Metal $3.99
- Progressive Metal $3.99
- 80s Rock $3.99
- Modern FX $3.99
- 80s Pop $3.99
- Indie Rock $3.99
- Jazz $3.99