IMPORTANT: This app is targeted at music production enthusiasts and requires an AUv3 Audio Unit Host to run! It does not do ANYTHING on its own!
Xequence AU | Keys is a comprehensive and expressive keyboard controller for use inside AU (Audio Unit) hosts like AUM, Cubasis, apeMatrix, etc.
It features the same, widely acclaimed keyboard that users of Xequence, our advanced MIDI workstation, have grown to love.
- Fully scale-aware, very playable single or dual keyboard
- Extremely fast and light on resources
- Over 70 scales in 10 categories included
- Freely adjustable key width
- "Glide" mode for triggering keys by sliding between them
- Velocity emulation (via vertical position on key)
- Automatically adapts to nearly any plugin window size or aspect ratio
- Unlimited instances
- Full support for AU presets (and state saving / restoration) in the host
- Configurable keyboard color and MIDI channel
- Any number of MIDI CCs (controllers) can be freely configured and shown as touch ribbons next to the keyboard
- A number of standard controller numbers (such as 74 = Cutoff, 7 = Volume etc.) are included and can be set with a single tap
SPECIAL CONTROLLER MODES:
The following special modes can be set per controller and give an "MPE-like" feel while being compatible with non-MPE synths:
- DEVICE ROTATION - controller moves according to device rotation
- GATE - controller can be set to a default position, and then tapped anywhere to toggle it to that position and back (think "Trance gates" when used with eg. CC 7 / Volume)
- KEY POSITION - controller moves when touching a keyboard key, depending on vertical position
- KEY SLIDE - controller moves along when one or more fingers are moved vertically while holding any number of keys
- The above modes can also be combined
- Note that this is NOT MPE - controllers are always sent for all notes at once, not per individual note!
We are working on including full MPE support in a future version of the plugin!
Please report any issues via our website, we provide quick and comprehensive support!
- The keyboard(s) now remember their scroll positions between sessions.
Ratings and Reviews
GREAT iOS Midi Keyboard Controller!
Let’s face it, most iOS DAW built-in keyboards are mediocre at best. This is a TERRIFIC replacement. As long as the host supports AUv3 midi apps, you can load up this baby and have a great keyboard, scales, and as many parameter (midi cc) controllers as you want at your fingertips. It is one of the most perfect single-purpose apps I own. I’m delighted! No Kids! It doesn’t make sound. Don’t buy it unless you understand what it’s for. But if you do, get this right away. You won’t regret it.
Has a few bugs but it’s pretty good anyway
I’ve already committed to the developer to inform them of the bugs I’ve found so they can fix it (I will do so soon Dev), but in general these are well worth apps.
My only request:
Please make them MPE compatible - naturally not by default but being able to send midi through multiple channels (channel per note) would be great for stuff like NOISE, Synthclavier, Volt and all those fancy MPE synths.
This app is crazy good!
Make sure you’re interested in AUv3 before you buy. Grab this up as soon as possible!
No Details Provided
The developer will be required to provide privacy details when they submit their next app update.
- Seven Systems Cross-Platform Media Limited
- 2.8 MB
- Requires iOS 11.4 or later.
- Requires iPadOS 11.4 or later.
- iPod touch
- Requires iOS 11.4 or later.
- Age Rating
- © 2019 Seven Systems Cross-Platform Media Ltd.
With Family Sharing set up, up to six family members can use this app.