Yahoo News brings you the day’s most important headlines from the most respected and credible news sources available. Through our diverse news partners, we can present viewpoints and perspectives that give you all sides of the story in one easy-to-use mobile destination. See live stories develop across politics, national and local news, world affairs, and more with breaking news alerts and live video feeds. Yahoo News is your trusted source for coverage on the issues and stories that matter.
- Scan the headlines of the day’s Top Stories from our trusted partner network, including the AP, Bloomberg, Time, Reuters, ABC News, HuffPost, the Guardian, CNN, Fox News, and many more
- Watch the news develop with daily digests, live video feeds, press conferences, and the day’s soundbites
- The 360 examines one topic at a time, as told by various publications across the political spectrum to present a 360 degree view of the issue
- Never miss an important story with breaking news alerts across national and global news
- Trending news stories will keep you informed with the biggest stories across the internet
- We also offer premium content from our elite team of journalists, covering US politics, national security, world affairs, with deep dives into President Trump’s ongoing Russia investigation on our weekly podcast, Skullduggery, and everything you need to know leading up to the 2020 Presidential election
A few minor bug fixes and performance improvements.
Ratings and Reviews
About every other time I "Newsroom," they bug me to read and review the app. So, here goes: not much to say good or bad about the content itself as for the most part they are simply repeating "news" from other sources, a few reliable, most unreliable and biased like Huffington Post on the one hand, or FOXNews on the other. I use the app because it is generally handier than buying a newspaper; as with the newspaper, one must continually "read between the lines" in order to get a sense of what's going on out there minus the liberal or conservative bias. As far as their constant requests to rate and review, when the request appears it is impossible to respond to it without closing out of the app and going to the App Store. It is a veritable nuisance, so now that I have written a review I hope it won't happen again.
Has really gone downhill
This used to be my go to news app for years. Not any longer.
1. Loud videos suddenly start. I’ve searched settings and cannot find a way to stop loud videos from jarringly startling me. I read late at night and in quiet places. I want control of the sound and Yahoo has wrestled that control away. Non negotiable.
2. They have changed the format to slow moving pictures with a few words underneath. Slow, uninformative, and a major waste of time. Uninformative.
3. The whole app has moved towards a stylistic look and away from a news feed. Glam over substance. If I wanted some stylistic slick app, I would download one. What a shame.
4. I want news. Just news. Articles with a headline and something to read, along with a simple photo or two. The news is no longer first and forefront on this app. What happened to this NEWS app?
I deleted the app after the recent terrible changes. Waited a few weeks and decided to try again. Reloaded it just now. Second story I clicked on immediately had a loud. Loud. Loud. LOUD newscaster blabbering on. It was jarring and uninvited. It wasn’t labeled as a video, looked like a news story. Again checked settings, unable to mute the news videos
Deleted the app again. Going back to other news feeds
Love . . . No
Like . . . Yes, but less and less
The news is convenient, concise and informative.
However, the PLACEMENT of the ads are disruptive, extremely annoying and counterproductive. I read absolutely none of them and find myself NOT going to NEWSROOM as frequently as I might. Obviously your marketing staff believes they are doing a great job. What they very ignorantly fail to realize is what a much better job they could be doing in attracting and KEEPING viewers by implementing a far superior format allowing one to read the article and then any ads. Are you so insecure as to believe that readers won’t read them? That’s what we’re doing now, but fast losing patience in trying to follow the story or find the CORRECT arrow.
You asked and now I, and many, many others, hope you listen . . . or adios
- Yahoo! Inc.
- 104.6 MB
Requires iOS 10.0 or later. Compatible with iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch.
English, Arabic, Bengali, Bulgarian, Catalan, Croatian, Czech, Danish, Dutch, Estonian, Filipino, Finnish, French, German, Greek, Gujarati, Hebrew, Hindi, Hungarian, Indonesian, Italian, Japanese, Kannada, Korean, Latvian, Lithuanian, Malay, Malayalam, Marathi, Norwegian Bokmål, Polish, Portuguese, Romanian, Russian, Serbian, Simplified Chinese, Slovak, Slovenian, Spanish, Swedish, Tamil, Telugu, Thai, Traditional Chinese, Turkish, Ukrainian, Urdu, Vietnamese
- Age Rating
- You must be at least 17 years old to download this app.
- Unrestricted Web Access
- © 2018 Oath Inc.
With Family Sharing set up, up to six family members can use this app.