Google Authenticator adds an extra layer of security to your online accounts by adding a second step of verification when you sign in. This means that in addition to your password, you'll also need to enter a code that is generated by the Google Authenticator app on your phone.
The verification code can be generated by the Google Authenticator app on your phone, even if you don't have a network or mobile connection.
• Sync your Authenticator codes to your Google Account and across your devices. This way, you can always access them even if you lose your phone.
• Set up your Authenticator accounts automatically with a QR code. This is quick and easy, and it helps to ensure that your codes are set up correctly.
• Support for multiple accounts. You can use the authenticator app to manage multiple accounts, so you don't have to switch between apps every time you need to sign in.
• Support for time-based and counter-based code generation. You can choose the type of code generation that best suits your needs.
• Transfer accounts between devices with a QR code. This is a convenient way to move your accounts to a new device.
To use Google Authenticator with Google, you need to enable 2-Step Verification on your Google Account. To get started, visit http://www.google.com/2step
• Bug fixes.
Ratings and Reviews
Efficient to use and very easy to setup. Seamless integration with various web based platforms and adds invaluable peace of mind for my digital security and privacy.
All the negative reviews are true… if u change handsets, or have to have it replaced, you lose access to all the accounts. If u download the app on a new device, none of your history is connected to your number or login. I had to communicate to a crypto app to have them remove it on my account their side so i cld access my funds.
GOOGLE…. U shld hang your head in shame! Will never ever encourage anyone to use this!!!
Would not recommend
The worst development by Google BY FAR! The fact that this app is not linked to your gmail is baffling! Now I’ve lost my account because I changed phones, in 2021?! Why couldn’t the transfer of data include the codes?! No one knew you actually needed to keep the codes or lose everything if you lose a phone. Do better or delete the app. It’s appalling.
Data Linked to You
The following data may be collected and linked to your identity:
- Contact Info
- User Content
- Usage Data
- Other Data
Data Not Linked to You
The following data may be collected but it is not linked to your identity:
- Search History
Privacy practices may vary based on, for example, the features you use or your age. Learn More
- Google LLC
- 39 MB
- Requires iOS 13.0 or later.
- Requires iPadOS 13.0 or later.
- iPod touch
- Requires iOS 13.0 or later.
English, Arabic, Catalan, Croatian, Czech, Danish, Dutch, Finnish, French, German, Greek, Hebrew, Hungarian, Indonesian, Italian, Japanese, Korean, Malay, Norwegian Bokmål, Polish, Portuguese, Romanian, Russian, Simplified Chinese, Slovak, Spanish, Swedish, Thai, Traditional Chinese, Turkish, Ukrainian, Vietnamese
- Age Rating
- © 2014 Google Inc.