Ready for a new way to bill pay? Papaya is an award-winning app that lets you pay all of your bills, just by snapping a photo.
That's right. No more mailing checks, making phone calls, or logging into twelve different accounts to make payments. And the best part? Papaya is FREE to use!
The Papaya app makes bill pay fast, easy and pain-free. In fact, we use the same game-changing technology that you use to deposit a check on your banking app. Simply take a picture of your bill and your payment is sent.
HOW IT WORKS
1. Download the Papaya app (it's free!)
2. Snap a picture of your bill
3. Choose a payment method
And presto, Papaya sends the payment for you!
PAY ANY BILL
Papaya works for all bills - medical, dental, utilities, rent, insurance, loans, parking tickets, DMV, plumbing services, business bills, your dog's training lessons, your kids' daycare bills and more.
Your security is our priority. Papaya is HIPAA and PCI compliant, and bank-level secure. We are also accredited by the Better Business Bureau.
It takes only seconds to make payments, and most are settled within 24 hours.
PAY HOW YOU'D LIKE
You can pay with any payment method: bank account, credit card, debit card or FSA/HSA card, as long as your merchant accepts it.
MORE ABOUT PAPAYA
We are a fast growing FinTech startup backed by the same investors behind Uber, Facebook, Google and YouTube and the winner of the PayAwards "Most Innovative Technology". You can learn more about us at https://PapayaPay.com. Our Terms of Service are here: https://PapayaPay.com/tos.html
In this version, we've made some improvements so that many more biller accounts are supported for linking in the app! We also made a few more bug fixes and improvements for a smoother bill pay experience.
Ratings and Reviews
...can I give them six stars please??
So I have used them for many bills, all paid without a hitch. Then I had one payee being difficult, and after a friendly convo with the folks at papaya, I come to find out that they paid the bill in question, paper check, postage paid, just to resolve the issue, none of the costs passed on to me, even after offering to pay the associated costs. They are amazing. When they say they will pay any bill, I know for a fact that they will pay ANY bill. Even my HOA, who say they only accept paper checks, apparently accepts payment from papaya. I couldn’t be happier. This is what app-based payment systems were always supposed to be.
Works every time, smooth, easy to use
Papaya does exactly was it’s supposed to, after inputting your credit card or banking info into the Papaya app, bills are paid simply by taking a photo of them and confirming the amount to pay. It usually takes a couple of days for the transaction to clear, but this is the case with most CC transactions.
I also discovered that invoices emailed to me can be paid just as easily, ie, by downloading the email attachment directly to the Papaya app, and presto, after confirming the amount paid, it’s done. That was a nice surprise, that I did Not need to print out the attachment and take a photo of it.
Works great but
When it works it's great. But:
1. When attempting to charge with a credit card the message pops up this vendor charges $1.25 fee. The last 3 vendors I have send a payment to DO NOT charge a fee. Explain.
2. If you make a mistake half way through the process you cannot cancel or go back. You have to go ahead and finish the process and then go to the list of your actions and cancel. This can be a little nerve racking if for example you sent $500 instead of the intended $50.
3. Today I prepared a payment to an heating and air company and the app wanted my name and birthdate required whenever I pay a doctor??
I plan to keep using but your development department needs start removing some of these bugs.
Developer Response ,
Hi rlpeebles, thanks for more of your feedback! Please don't hesitate to reach out to our customer service team at firstname.lastname@example.org if you need anything.
1. Some merchants charge a fee when you pay by credit card. To avoid this, you can pay with your bank account. Even if a merchant charges a fee for ACH payments, Papaya actually pays it for you!
2. This is valuable feedback and I've relayed it to our product team. For now, the app asks you to confirm the amount after inputting. However, if you need help with any part of your transaction, please reach out (email@example.com).
3. Could you email us the name of your merchant? When a merchant isn't a partner, our technology makes a best guess at the bill type. We'll look into why it identified your merchant as medical.
With Family Sharing set up, up to six family members can use this app.