Explore your DNA with 23andMe. Discover how your DNA connects you to 1500+ geographic regions around the world. Gain insights into your health, traits, and more.
• Ancestry + Traits Service includes Ancestry Composition — covering 1500+ geographic regions — and 30+ Trait reports such as Ability to Match Musical Pitch, Cilantro Taste Aversion, and more.
• DNA Relative Finder allows you to opt-in to connect with other 23andMe customers who share your DNA and ancestors.
• Your Family Tree, automatically built from your DNA relationships, allows you to easily visualize how you’re all related.
• Health + Ancestry Service includes everything in Ancestry + Traits Service plus 60+ additional genetic reports such as Genetic Weight, Muscle Composition, and more.*
Both Services require purchasing a kit and submitting a saliva sample using the collection kit provided. You can log into your account to track the progress of your sample. Once you get your results, open your app to view all your reports.
In the app, you can also choose to answer survey questions and participate in 23andMe research. Link your account with Apple HealthKit™ and participate in activity tracking enhanced research initiatives.
Our rigorous standards ensure quality service.
• Our team of scientists and medical experts uses a robust process to develop reports and ensure validity.
• Ancestry percentages are derived from our powerful, well-tested system that provides you with ancestry estimates down to the 0.1%.
*Health + Ancestry Service is available in USA, Canada, United Kingdom, Ireland, Denmark, Finland, Netherlands, and Sweden.
Terms of service
UK, IE, FI, DK, SE, NL (https://www.23andme.com/en-eu/about/tos/)
All other countries (https://www.23andme.com/en-int/about/tos/)
• We've added more Account Settings to the app, so you can review and update your preferences quickly and easily.
• We’ve made some important updates to give customers greater control over tailoring their product experience so it more accurately reflects their gender. Customers now have the option to provide their gender (including a non-binary option), in addition to their birth sex, during kit registration and in their Account Settings.
• Search for your favorite 23andMe reports using the new native iOS search function.
Ratings and Reviews
Feeling a life time void
Finding a first cousin on my dads side was a God sent. He was the last of that generation. He was able to shed light on my grandparents from Italy. His older brother was the one that played with my dad when they where little unfortunately the two family split when settling in California. My blessing came when my son gave me this 23 & me to do my DNA. He sat with me talking to the Perri side I was scared as I did not know of my dad till my mother passed away. I was just 30 years of age. Met my dad but his wife and only two sons did not want to connect. Had secret meetings with my dad for 17 years till he passed. He tried & wanted to they did not. It hurt not to really share with my kids so I stopped. So this 23 helped me to connect with this cousin that filled in the missing links I needed and treasure dearly. Unfortunately he passed away in May 2021. What a treasure he exposed of my family. I never laugh so hard he revealed to me that the family where always having there secrets. That I was not alone. I pray one day to be able to visit Calabria Italy. Where my grandparents on my dad side was from. I still don’t know that much about my moms side especially the Spaniard & Portuguese side. My mom mother passed when she was 10 years of age. Her mom was from Mexico. So I really would like to know the rest of my story. Thank You for your good work. It’s been amazing. A 23 & Me follower.
Excitement Replaced Anxiety
I love that the 23andMe app does so well at explaining each step of the process from sending the kit out to how to use the kit and how each step after they receive the kit will go. It’s very upfront about expectations and lists them in easy and digestible ways! It walks you through each step! The app uses short videos, graphics, and written text to explain just what the 3-4 week wait is for. It demystifies the process and makes me feel safe sending my sample to them. I have used another service previously and it’s send the sample and don’t hear back for a month. For an anxious person like me, I want to know what are you doing?! 23andMe let’s me know each step of the process and makes the wait fun and exciting. You can do little questionnaires or connect with family members. I love that I can easily give or withdraw consent of my data by using the app. It creates feelings of trust and concern for the customer and I appreciate that! I wish I had used 23andMe the first time and not the other service but better late than never!
Not bad but could improve some functionality
Overall it’s a good app. User friendly for the most part and a beautiful interface. That being said, it could use some improvements. There’s no actual messaging section so if you want to message a relative, you have to go to that persons profile and click message. It would be great if there was a section totally dedicated to messaging where you can access them at the same time. There’s no notification that tells you when you get a new message either. You just get an email which can get a little excessive. Also sometimes when you try to send a message, the messaging function will randomly just close out in the middle of sending a message. Same when you try to put anything in the “how can we improve this feature” section. When you try to enter cities relatives were born in it doesn’t always work. You’ll select a city and it disappears similar to how the messaging function just closes you out. There’s also A LOT OF INFO so sometimes it’s kind of hard to find your way around because some sections are sort of arbitrarily labeled. I sometimes struggle to remember how to get back to things I’m looking for. These things don’t keep me from enjoying it though. It’s just a bit frustrating and I feel they could be easily fixed. When you consider the amount of information you get in this one app, these issues are minor and I hope 23 and me will fix them in the future because it could be great.
Data Linked to You
The following data may be collected and linked to your identity:
- Contact Info
- Usage Data
Privacy practices may vary, for example, based on the features you use or your age. Learn More
- 23andMe, Inc.
- 70.8 MB
- Health & Fitness
- Requires iOS 13.0 or later.
- Requires iPadOS 13.0 or later.
- iPod touch
- Requires iOS 13.0 or later.
- Age Rating
- 12+ Infrequent/Mild Alcohol, Tobacco, or Drug Use or References
- © 23andMe, Inc.