The free Adobe Acrobat Reader PDF app is trusted by millions of people around the world.
Adobe Acrobat Reader is the free global standard for reliably viewing, signing, and commenting on PDF documents.
• Quickly open and view PDF documents.
• Search, scroll, and zoom in and out.
• Choose Single Page or Continuous scroll mode.
• Comment on PDFs using sticky notes and drawing tools.
• Highlight and mark up text with annotation tools.
• View and respond to annotations in the comments list.
• Use Apple Pencil with iPad Pro for exceptional commenting precision.
WORK WITH OTHERS AND SHARE PDFs
• Quickly access documents shared for viewing, review, or signature.
• Collaborate with others by adding your comments to PDFs sent to you for review.
• Receive activity notifications for files you’ve shared for viewing and review.
• Track pending actions on documents shared with you.
• Easily share PDFs with others by creating links you can send by email.
WORK WITH SCANNED DOCUMENTS
• Easily access scanned PDFs that you’ve captured using the free Adobe Scan app.
• Open your scans in Acrobat Reader to fill in, sign, review, and share.
FILL AND SIGN FORMS
• Quickly fill out PDF forms by typing text into fields.
• Use your finger or Apple Pencil to e-sign any PDF document.
STORE, ACCESS, AND PRINT FILES
• Sign in to your free Adobe Document Cloud account to store and access files across devices.
• Star files to keep important documents at your fingertips.
• Connect to your Dropbox account and access other storage providers including iCloud Drive, Box, Microsoft OneDrive, and Google Drive.
• Print documents from your device.
Switch to dark mode in iOS 13 and change the background color of the app window. This is not only easy on the eye in low light, but may also prolong the battery life of your device.
Subscribe for even more PDF power. Subscriptions work across mobile and web.
• Organize and edit PDFs.
• Create PDF files from documents or images.
• Export PDFs to Microsoft Word, Excel, or PowerPoint.
• Compress PDFs to reduce file size.
• Combine files into one PDF.
• Send documents to others for review.
IN-APP PURCHASE DETAILS
• Payment will be charged to your iTunes account at confirmation of purchase.
• Subscriptions automatically renew unless auto-renew is turned off at least 24 hours before the end of the current period.
Adobe Acrobat Reader is a Microsoft Intune supported partner app and accommodates multiple identities.
• Pan and zoom while drawing with Apple Pencil on iPad.
• Erase markups while annotating in comment tool.
• Compress PDFs to reduce file size for sharing or storing. (Subscription required)
• Multi-Identity support for Microsoft Intune users.
• Performance and stability.
Have feedback? Contact us at https://www.adobe.com/go/acrobatmobilesupport
Ratings and ReviewsSee All
Very powerful, missing critical annotation feature
This app has been great when it comes to storing, reading, and annotating documents. I’ve been using it with the Apple Pencil and I’ve noticed the drawing features are lacking support for the pencil in one key area: it takes the touch of the palm of my hand or my fingers as drawing touches. I must have the option to ignore all drawing events with my hand and just accept them from the Apple Pencil, with the exception of scrolling. I want to be able to use two of my fingers to navigate the document and the Apple Pencil strictly for drawing. Because I don’t have the option for this extended Apple Pencil support it’s difficult for tasks such as writing notes over presentation slide PDFs during the presentation. I can’t rest the palm of my hand on my iPad and write normally because it listens to finger touch events.
EDIT: I have learned a day later that once you start using Apple Pencil in drawing mode, it ignores other touches, but you have to start with the pencil. Still, it would be nice to be able to scroll without leaving draw mode.
Latest updates killed me
I use this app primarily for work purposes. I save all my service receipts to this app and also fill out and submit safety and order forms daily. The recent update changed alot of things. First of all, the new design I don't like. That I can get used to but it's made it more difficult to use in my opinion. Some of the buttons are not labeled now, they only have icons so I have to guess what they do until I press them and find out if I'm right or wrong. More importantly, there are functions/operations that changed. For example, sharing a file through email no longer takes the file name and automatically makes it the subject line of the email. Also, when you sort by name,files with letters now follow files with numbers. I have to scroll through a hundred files (which have dates) to get to my template (which starts with letters). So I had to through a random zero at the beginning so it's at the top. There is more I could write but I think you get my point. I realize it may sound like nitpicking but when you use the app as much as I do it becomes very annoying. I am disappointed you made such a big change and it doesn't seem to be for the better. Let's get some of this fixed so I can change this back to 5 stars.
As a subscriber of the Adobe creative cloud I am very displeased to see the industry standard for PDF software become practically unusable! In fact Adobe Acrobat no longer works on my iPhone XS! When I choose to download or simply view a pdf file, Adobe Acrobat nor the Adobe Creative Cloud app appear in the list of apps to choose from in the iOS share to/open menu! I tried a workaround by saving the PDF file to "files" both locally and via iCloud drive then attempted to open the saved PDF file via Adobe Acrobat which incredibly failed to open with a message stating "File type unsupported"... This is unacceptable! Can't open the very file format Adobe Acrobat is meant to not only open but create and manage! Wow just wow! Not sure what is going on but Adobe is slacking with other apps as well! I'm contemplating canceling my CC subscription since $50 a month is a price only worth paying for the best and I am literally seeing more and more apps that offer more! The mobile apps are terrible besides a select few! Out of all, I never thought Acrobat would ever lose the crown but here I am having to find an alternative in order to save the PDF I need! Verbal apologies won't change the fact that I'm dishing out money for software that isn't working properly!
Developer Response ,
The symptoms you are describing sound very much like you don't have a PDF or the PDF you are trying to open is invalid. This would explain both why it wouldn't appear in the share menu and why it fails to open from files. The things you are describing are intended to work. If you are having issues, please reach out to us at https://www.adobe.com/go/appstoresupport We'd love to hear more about how you are trying to open the file and get a copy of the file itself. Thanks!
- Adobe Inc.
- 230.9 MB
Requires iOS 12.0 or later. Compatible with iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch.
English, Czech, Danish, Dutch, Finnish, French, German, Italian, Japanese, Korean, Norwegian Bokmål, Polish, Portuguese, Russian, Simplified Chinese, Spanish, Swedish, Traditional Chinese, Turkish
- Age Rating
- © 2011-2020 Adobe. All rights reserved.
- In-App Purchases
- Adobe ExportPDF $23.99
- Adobe PDF Pack $69.99
- PDF Pack - Doc Creator $9.99
With Family Sharing set up, up to six family members can use this app.