HSBC HK Mobile Banking app has been specially built for our Hong Kong customers*, with reliability at the heart of its design.
What are the benefits?
• Mobile account opening - open your account in less than 10 minutes. If you're a permanent resident aged 18-65 residing in Hong Kong and you don't have any HSBC banking or investment accounts or credit cards, you no longer need to go to the branch to open your account. You can use the app to do it anytime, anywhere. (For Hong Kong customers only)
• Faster Payment System (FPS) – a simpler, quicker way to send or receive money in Hong Kong dollar or Renminbi. You can make transfers to your friends or merchants by inputting a mobile number, email address or FPS Identifier, or just by scanning a QR code. It is available 24/7 and covers participating local banks and Stored Value Facilities (SVF) operators.
• Mobile Security Key and Touch ID/Face ID – for faster log on, confirm transactions like bill payments, register and increase limit on FPS, also to generate security code to log on to Internet Banking (Face ID is supported for iPhone X or newer models only)
• Accounts – up-to-date view of your local and globally-linked banking and credit card accounts; plus transaction search
• Manage money – make local and foreign currency transfers and pay bills to new and existing merchants, set-up recurring payments in HKD, make transfers to your globally-linked accounts, manage your future dated payments; use FPS for transferring money using mobile number, email address, or FPS Identifier
Plus much more.
Getting started is easy!
This App is provided by The Hongkong and Shanghai Banking Corporation Limited (‘HSBC HK’) for use only by existing HSBC HK customers or persons located in Hong Kong. Please don’t download this App if you’re not an existing HSBC HK customer or located in Hong Kong. This App and the information provided through it isn’t intended for download or use by any person in any jurisdiction where such download or use wouldn’t be permitted by law or regulation.
HSBC HK of 1 Queens Road, Central, Hong Kong is incorporated in Hong Kong with limited liability and is a licensed bank regulated by the Hong Kong Monetary Authority. HSBC HK is a member of the Deposit Protection Scheme (DPS) in Hong Kong. Eligible deposits taken by HSBC HK are protected by the DPS up to a limit of HK$500,000 per depositor. The amount of HSBC HK’s paid up capital and reserves exceeds HK$ 100,000,000,000.00 as of October 15, 2018.
Please be aware that HSBC HK isn’t authorised or licensed in any other jurisdiction for the provision of the services and/or products available through this App.
This App shouldn’t be considered as communicating any invitation or inducement to engage in banking, lending, investment or insurance activity or any offer or solicitation to buy and sell securities or other instruments or to buy insurance outside Hong Kong.
In particular, credit and lending products and services aren’t intended for or promoted to clients resident in the UK. By applying for any credit and lending products through this App, you’ll be deemed to have confirmed that you aren’t a UK resident.
Persons dealing with HSBC Hong Kong or other members of the HSBC Group outside of the UK aren’t covered by the rules and regulations made for the protection of investors in the UK, including the depositor protection provisions of the Financial Services Compensation Scheme.
Packaged retail and insurance-based investment products aren’t intended for or promoted to clients located in the EEA. By applying for or transacting in any such products, you’ll be deemed to have confirmed that you’re not located in the EEA at the time of such transaction.
Bug fixes and improvements
Ratings and ReviewsSee All
Weird login failure and u don’t ask for a review mid transaction!
So one fine day the app suddenly told me that I was entering an incorrect password and I know I wasn’t. The helpline guys suggested I try going the forgot password route. Long process ensued (the helpline guys were most helpful), which involved changing of passwords and a trip to the branch. When we were ready to restart, helpline asked me to delete the app and download again. Except this reload let me use my old password! No more messages of incorrect password! Some glitch in the app lead to all the fuss 🤯. Still waiting for HSBC to get back to me about why this was happening. Hoping this will catch their attention.
No warning, no use if you don’t have latest one
I find it a little ridiculous that if you don’t have the app updated, you can’t use it. There have been times I’ve been traveling and not within Wifi range and due to data restriction over 4G/lte, I can’t actually do what I need to. There’s also no warning (like- update coming next week, else you’re stuck without access to your app)
Feedback channel needed
Please provide a feedback channel in the app so we don’t need to post them here.
How do I download a statement? It shows on the screen but share control is missing. No point to only view, I also need to file the statements. Currently I have to do that via safari?
Developer Response ,
Hi, you can view and download eStatements on internet banking. Simply log on and visit My Banking > View/Manage Documents under the eStatements/eAdvice tab. Hope this helps!
- HSBC Global Services (UK) Limited
- 314.4 MB
Requires iOS 10.3.3 or later. Compatible with iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch.
English, Simplified Chinese, Traditional Chinese
- Age Rating
- © 2020 The Hongkong and Shanghai Banking Corporation Limited
With Family Sharing set up, up to six family members can use this app.
Get things done within this app using just your voice.