Children can learn reading, language, writing, math, social-emotional development, problem-solving skills, and motor development. Open-ended activities and games like drawing, storytelling, and coloring encourage creativity and self-expression. A cast of adorable animal characters will guide children through lessons, and our adaptive learning path will customize their experience to help them master different skills.
Khan Academy Kids is completely free, forever — no ads and no subscriptions necessary. And we’re always adding new content to keep kids engaged, including books and songs from Super Simple Songs®, Bellwether Media, and National Geographic Young Explorer Magazine.
Download today and let the joyful learning begin!
NEW TEACHER TOOLS that can support remote learning
- Set up your class easily
- Search lessons by standards
- Assign lessons
- View reports to monitor student progress
NEW FIRST GRADE LESSONS
• We’ve added thousands of new interactive activities, exercises, and books that cover English Language Arts (ELA) and math Common Core standards.
HIGH-QUALITY, AWARD-WINNING CONTENT
• Editors' Choice — Apple App Store
• Common Sense Media—5 stars Educational Value, 5 stars Ease of Play
• Children's Technology Review Editor's Choice Award for Excellence in Design—100% Rating
• Parents' Choice Foundation Gold Award
• American Association of School Librarians—2019 Best App for Teaching and Learning
• Reading and literacy—phonics, letters, spelling, and writing
• Language—vocabulary, parts of speech
• Math—counting, numbers, addition, subtraction, shapes, and measuring
• Executive function and logic—focus, memory, and problem-solving
PERSONALIZED LEARNING EXPERIENCE
• Adaptive learning path allows each child to learn at their own pace.
• Children learn independently in the Library—a collection of activities, books, and videos.
• Kids can read books on their own or follow along with recorded audio narration.
• Five whimsical characters encourage children to think and learn.
• Highly interactive educational games and activities
EMOTIONAL AND PHYSICAL DEVELOPMENT
• Social-emotional—relationships, self-control, and empathy
• Motor and physical development—gross and fine motor skills, health, and nutrition
• Creative expression—drawing, storytelling, and coloring
CREATED BY A TEAM OF EXPERTS
• Developed in collaboration with experts at the Stanford Graduate School of Education
• Aligns with Head Start Early Learning Outcomes Framework and Common Core Standards
• Features original content from Super Simple Songs®, Bellwether Media, and National Geographic Young Explorer Magazine
We’d love to hear from you. Please visit us at khanacademykids.org, or drop us a line at email@example.com.
ABOUT KHAN ACADEMY
Khan Academy is a 501(c)(3) nonprofit organization with the mission of providing a free, world-class education for anyone, anywhere. Khan Academy Kids was created by experienced early learning experts who have created 22 other top-selling titles and received 22 Parents’ Choice Awards, 19 Children’s Technology Review Awards, and a KAPi award for Best Children’s App at the International Consumer Electronics Show. The Khan Academy Kids team is a passionate group of engineers, artists, designers, and educators who joined Khan Academy from Duck Duck Moose, a maker of popular educational apps for kids. Khan Academy Kids is 100% free without ads or subscriptions.
ABOUT SUPER SIMPLE SONGS®
Skyship Entertainment™ is the creator of the beloved children’s brand, Super Simple™. Their award-winning Super Simple Songs® combines delightful animation and puppetry with original and classic kids’ songs to help make learning simple and fun. With over 10 billion views and 10 million subscribers on YouTube, their songs and videos are favorites with parents, teachers, and kids around the globe.
In the latest update, we fixed some bugs and made some minor updates. Please update your app for the best learning experience.
If you have any feedback, please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
If you're enjoying Khan Academy Kids, please consider leaving us a rating or review! Happy learning!
Ratings and ReviewsSee All
Khan Academy Kids teaches early literacy, language, math, and social and emotional skills throughout its more than 1,000 games, videos, and stories. The app integrates science lessons from National Geographic Young Explorer magazine, music from Super Simple Songs, and content from children’s nonfiction publisher Bellwether Media.
Very well-designed for actual learning
My 4-year-old has been cruising through several apps over the summer and most seem to be designed to entertain kids with a hope that they’ll learn something, or they’re a mashup of kid shows and other “silly” content. I’m not saying they’re *bad* but my daughter is definitely more checked out after being on them after a while. They also don’t take into account kids different learning levels. The apps are the same for every kid.
Khan Academy Kids is not like that. You can pick the difficulty level to match your kid’s ability which is awesome. I set up two profiles for my daughter. One set at kindergarten level that she can use in her own, and one at 1st grade level that she can do with a bit of monitoring if she gets stuck. It’s awesome.
The whole experience is designed to promote learning in a way that’s engaging for kids but not silly. Everything has been designed with purpose. There are so many small details that I’ve noticed in the app that help my daughter get unstuck. They really do such a good job keeping kids focused on the right things and instructing in a way that is easy to understand and relatable for kids. Even the characters voices are soothing and child-like, as if it was a veteran kindergarten teacher speaking. Brilliant all around!
Developer Response ,
Our design team will be so happy to hear your feedback. Thanks for taking the time to leave such a detailed review. Feel free to reach us directly if you ever have questions about Khan Kids: email@example.com.
Best in the World but...
Khan Academy Kids is excellent in every respect: teaching, entertaining, FREE, humungous database of great quality content. It is a 5 start app, no question about it.
But... the problem is that most activities are loaded from their servers and even if you have a very fast connection; their servers are overwhelmed because this is such a popular and super amazing app, especially being FREE; that millions of parents around the world use it constantly. I use it with my two daughters (2 and 4 years old) every single night. They love it! But often times we have to wait 20 to 30 seconds for a particular module or activity to load. We have a 300mbps Comcast connection with a strong WiFi router which is basically next door. Oh, and I am an IT guys with over 25 years of experience.
I am not complaining since this app is FREE and it is the best educational app in the planet by a long stretch. But I wish their servers offer would be more on par with their demand. I have no idea how this amazing company makes money out of this app because they don’t even show you ads. So, I understand why this will continue to be an issue for a while.
However, this is an EXCELLENT app, by far the best in the world to teach your kids all that it’s offered inside the app. 5 stars and super highly recommended!!
Developer Response ,
Hello Ben. Thanks for your comments and feedback. Our engineering team would like to know more about the details of your experience with the app. If you have a moment to contact our support team at firstname.lastname@example.org, and include your device information and region on the world, that would be helpful. Thank you!
With Family Sharing set up, up to six family members can use this app.