Read the Bible and make use of commentaries and reading plans. You can save any book or Bible you own for offline use. Get free resources when you download the app and sign in, and do better Bible study with exclusive Logos Bible study tools.
Read your favorite Bible translations: we have a variety of options including the NIV, ESV, NASB, NKJV, and many more.
• SAVED LAYOUTS (Logos 8 only) - Save your favorite study layouts so you can return to them later with a few taps.
• TABBED BROWSING - Open as many resources or Bibles as you want side by side.
• REFERENCE SCANNER - Take a picture of a church bulletin or handout using Reference Scanner and the app will open your preferred Bible version to all the verse references.
• LIBRARY - Downloading this app gives you access to up to 95 free resources to kick off your Bible study. In addition, all your Logos books will sync to your device so you can read them on the go.
• NOTES - Attach your thoughts, comments, and questions to any Bible verse or book. The Notes feature has been updated for Logos 8 customers.
• HIGHLIGHTING - Mark the words that matter with fully customizable color and text options and return to them at any time.
• BIBLE WORD STUDY - Learn more about any word in the Bible by examining dictionaries, lexicons, and cross-references.
• PASSAGE GUIDE - Get a detailed, verse-specific report including Bible commentaries, cross-references, literary typing, and media resources.
• TEXT COMPARISON - Compare any verse across multiple translations with visual and percentage indicators of difference.
• SPLIT SCREEN - Delve into any secondary resource side by side with your preferred translation.
• SEARCH - Find every mention of a word or phrase in every resource in your library.
• SOCIAL SHARING - Share Bible verse images with Facebook, Twitter, Evernote, and Email.
• READING PLANS - Get into daily reading with several Bible reading plans to choose from.
• AUDIO BOOKS - Listen to the Bible wherever you are.
Find training for the app at https://www.logos.com/training/ios.
This app contains optional subscriptions called the Bible Study Bundle and Faithlife Connect Mobile.
Payment will be charged to your iTunes Account at confirmation of purchase. The subscription automatically renews unless auto-renew is turned off at least 24 hours before the end of the current period. Your account will be charged for renewal within 24 hours prior to the end of the current period, and identify the cost of renewal. Subscriptions may be managed by you and auto-renewal may be turned off by going to your Account Settings after purchase.
- Fixed an issue where opening an existing note would open an empty notes tool.
Ratings and ReviewsSee All
The Logos Bible! Getting better but can always improve.
The dev team is awesome. They are really working hard to making this app a great study and resource tool. The app is getting a lot more user friendly and easier to study. It is not the desktop app but it is getting there. I use the app more than I use the desktop app. The one thing I would love for the dev team to work on would be the note taking functionality. The app makes you leave your reading and takes you off to a different screen. Would it be possible to have notes in a tab? Also it would be nice to know when you created a note so you can reference back when you created it for reference. It would be nice to have the note with the date on the side of the note. Other than that this app surpasses every other bible App in the App Store when it comes to bible study and accessing a huge library of resources. Nothing else has the tremendous amount of resources as Logos does. You have to try it to believe it. The Logos team just keep out doing themselves. The app keeps getting better with every release. Do not hesitate to get this app.
Developer Response ,
I'm glad you like the app! You may be pleasantly surprised at some changes to notes coming this year :)
One major design flaw
I hate to rate this so low because I love so much about this app. However, at the end of the day, no matter how many features and tools they pack in (this is a good thing), the primary use of this app will always be to read, and there is one major design flaw that truly ruins the reading experience of this app.
For whatever reason, the devs have decided to allow the text in scrolling mode to go all the way to the top (rather than have a small bar across the top), so that the notch on the iPhone X and following is actually in between the words at the top. As someone who really relays on and loves the scroll view, one of the key features of scrolling is having a straight line of reference at the top as you scroll so you eyes can easily track with the text, and having the text broken up by the notch makes this impossible. If you look at any other reading app on the market, there is going to be a small bar that comes just to the bottom of the notch, so at to make a straight non broken up view of the text.
I rated this a 2 because I have literally stopped using this because of this design, and I am currently relying on the you version bible app, but I want to come back to logos very much, but I will wait until this is fixed because it truly is a flaw, there is absolutely nothing advantageous about have the text broken up at the top, you simply CANNOT read the top line if there is a notch in the middle, so why have it there?????
Developer Response ,
The 8.0.8 version should improve the text selection problem. Regarding scrolling behavior, ff you keep your finger on the screen while you scroll up the menu will not show. If you swipe and let go, it will show. Hope that helps!
Lots of Tabs - Poor Instructions on Usage
I have used Logos "Diamond" level desktop version 7 for the past eight years and have no complaints about its resources or functionality.
However, I cannot say the same for this “new” iPad tab version app and its functionality. Compared to the previous version, which I have used during the last two years, Faithlife has failed to forewarn users of such sudden changes in its software, nor has it provided adequate information or instruction for previous version users to migrate to this new design. How unfortunate and yes, I did review those “Speedy Gonzales videos. What a waste of programming time with absolutely no real instructional substance. I was blindsided from one day to the next when I opened the app and found you I am now ignorant on how to get from one aspect of the program to another.
You got it! I am not happy with Faithlife’s sudden approach in forcing current users to learn a new way of navigating its app software, without adequate warning. At the very least, Faithlife could have given current users the option of remaining with the old navigation menus that are engrained in one’s mind and then allow users to switch once better “tab” menu instructions are available.
David Zachary, MTS
Developer Response ,
Sorry to hear that you've had some trouble with the new app. Unfortunately, we can't really announce new versions of the app before we ship them. However, I'd love to hear how we could have done a better job with our instructional videos.
What kinds of videos/content would you like to see in the future?
- Faithlife Corporation
- 173.7 MB
Requires iOS 11.2 or later. Compatible with iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch.
English, French, German, Korean, Portuguese, Russian, Simplified Chinese, Spanish, Traditional Chinese
- Age Rating
- © 2019 Faithlife / Logos Bible Software
- In-App Purchases
- English Standard Version (ESV) $9.99
- New International Version (NIV) $9.99
- New American Standard Bible, 1995 Update (NASB) $9.99
With Family Sharing set up, up to six family members can use this app.