Lap Timer + Data + Video
- Offers In-App Purchases
Using Your Smartphone For The Track Is Easier Than Ever!
• Road Course, Autocross, Rally, Drift, 4x4, and Drag Racing
• Race Timing + Data Logging + Analysis + Video
• Works Almost Anywhere! 1000+ Predefined Circuits, or Add Your Own
• GPS Lap Timer & Display with Predictive Timing (Circuit mode)
• Sector Split Timing & Theoretical Lap Time (Circuit mode)
• High-Definition Video Recording + Data Overlay
• Lap, GPS, G-Force, and OBD-II Data Logging
• Driving Line Analysis, Statistics, Data Graphs, and Run / Lap Comparison
• Optional Live Telemetry Streaming via Live.RaceRender.com (requires Pro upgrade)
• Also Supports External GPS and OBD-II Devices
• OBD-II Live Monitor, Code Scanning / Reset, and Data Logging
• Easily Exports Data and Video to RaceRender
TrackAddict, by HP Tuners, transforms your iPhone®, iPad®, or iPod touch® into a motorsports telemetry and video system. See your lap times instantly, capture video and telemetry data, compare circuit laps side-by-side, impress your friends with video+data overlays, and more! Quick and easy setup.
Free Edition provides most of the features at no cost, but is limited to storing three recordings, does not include live telemetry, and adds a logo to videos.
Pro Edition removes those limitations and gives you every feature currently available from this app. It is available either as a low-cost in-app purchase, or as a separate app.
Advisories and Disclaimers:
Always drive safely. Intended for responsible use in a motorsports environment. Use at your own risk.
Works on iPhone and compatible GPS-enabled iPad, iPad mini, and iPod touch devices. Devices which do not contain suitable GPS hardware may work when combined with a compatible external GPS device. Performance depends on good GPS reception conditions, and may vary. Features, capabilities, and pricing may differ between platforms and are subject to change at any time.
OBD functionality is optional, and would require a supported OBD-II interface device and a compatible OBD-II compliant vehicle. See website for details.
Features and capabilities can vary depending on your device and other circumstances.
Use of Live Streaming feature is optional and requires a premium upgrade. Services are provided as-is, and are subject to change or discontinuation at any time. This functionality does have privacy implications. Please see this app's online documentation and http://Live.RaceRender.com before enabling its use. Use of Live Streaming service requires an Internet connection, and is therefore subject to your wireless carrier and/or Internet provider's data rates.
Continued use of GPS running in the background can dramatically decrease battery life.
• HP Tuners MPVI3 Support
Ratings and Reviews
Great app for simple, no fuss onboard video and data!
Some suggestions though: add a night mode, perhaps just dim the (recording) screen. Add a pause/resume recording: for some activities you don’t want to record everything, and now if you press stop recording it moves to another screen and the recording session is over, then you have to start over and not sure what happens if the car is already moving etc. Tap to pause, tap to resume, that’s it. Bonus: find and record the brake pressure, I know the Focus RS sends the brake pressure and steering angle on the HSBUS, not sure it can be queried through OBD though, but brake pressure would be fantastic, with steering angle a plus.
I love the app, it is super useful at the track, highly recommend. And the price isn’t that bad!
I only took one star because there is no way to contact the developers, and the app does a beeping sound when it is recording and my helmet Bluetooth is connected to it.
That beeping sound drives me crazy! And there is nothing I can do in the app to disable that nightmare beeping.
In other words, to use this app in my phone, I need to disconnect the Bluetooth speaker from my phone every time.
PLEASE remove that beep or add an option to disable it.
I already paid for this app, but I would give $10 extra just to disable that beeping when I’m recording my sessions.
That said, best app I used so far.
Features I would love to see:
* Option to redrawn the track, it happen to draw twice the track wrong due to GPS lack of precision, and I had to create a new track every time instead of being able to reset that drawing.
* Option to export a video with only the track animation and telemetry, so I can overlay in my videos using another app.
* Let it play all the laps in sequence, don’t need to watch one, click to the next, and so on… I want to watch a session from beginning to the end and compare every lap with the best lap in sequence.
Awesome when you can get a good GPS signal
I’ve been running this app for over 3yrs now and I really really like it. I connect my phone to an external GPS module that’s mounted under my rear view mirror. I’ve had this app at Road Atlanta, Roebling Road, Barber and Daytona with pretty good results. I say pretty good because on a cloudy day, the GPS signal is sometimes to weak and my video recording with data is sketchy. BUT, compared to some $1,000 units out there, this is very very very helpful. I also LOVE the fact that I can be ANYWHERE to include an airport toilet and I can review my data because it’s always with me on my phone! Love it 🤙
Data Linked to You
The following data may be collected and linked to your identity:
- Other Data
Privacy practices may vary, for example, based on the features you use or your age. Learn More
- RaceRender LLC
- 26.4 MB
- Requires iOS 12.0 or later.
- Requires iPadOS 12.0 or later.
- iPod touch
- Requires iOS 12.0 or later.
- Age Rating
- This app may use your location even when it isn’t open, which can decrease battery life.
- © 2022 HP Tuners LLC
- In-App Purchases
- Pro Edition Upgrade $8.99