Using Your Smartphone For The Track Is Easier Than Ever!
• Road Course, Autocross, Rally, Drift, 4x4, and Drag Racing
• Race Timing + Data Logging + Analysis + Video
• Works Almost Anywhere! 1000+ Predefined Circuits, or Add Your Own
• GPS Lap Timer & Display with Predictive Timing (Circuit mode)
• Sector Split Timing & Theoretical Lap Time (Circuit mode)
• High-Definition Video Recording + Data Overlay
• Lap, GPS, G-Force, and OBD-II Data Logging
• Driving Line Analysis, Statistics, Data Graphs, and Run / Lap Comparison
• Optional Live Telemetry Streaming via Live.RaceRender.com (requires Pro upgrade)
• Also Supports External GPS and OBD-II Devices
• OBD-II Live Monitor, Code Scanning / Reset, and Data Logging
• Easily Exports Data and Video to RaceRender
TrackAddict, by HP Tuners, transforms your iPhone®, iPad®, or iPod touch® into a motorsports telemetry and video system. See your lap times instantly, capture video and telemetry data, compare circuit laps side-by-side, impress your friends with video+data overlays, and more! Quick and easy setup.
Free Edition provides most of the features at no cost, but is limited to storing three recordings, does not include live telemetry, and adds a logo to videos.
Pro Edition removes those limitations and gives you every feature currently available from this app. It is available either as a low-cost in-app purchase, or as a separate app.
Advisories and Disclaimers:
Always drive safely. Intended for responsible use in a motorsports environment. Use at your own risk.
Works on iPhone and compatible GPS-enabled iPad, iPad mini, and iPod touch devices. Devices which do not contain suitable GPS hardware may work when combined with a compatible external GPS device. Performance depends on good GPS reception conditions, and may vary. Features, capabilities, and pricing may differ between platforms and are subject to change at any time.
OBD functionality is optional, and would require a supported OBD-II interface device and a compatible OBD-II compliant vehicle. See website for details.
Features and capabilities can vary depending on your device and other circumstances.
Use of Live Streaming feature is optional and requires a premium upgrade. Services are provided as-is, and are subject to change or discontinuation at any time. This functionality does have privacy implications. Please see this app's online documentation and http://Live.RaceRender.com before enabling its use. Use of Live Streaming service requires an Internet connection, and is therefore subject to your wireless carrier and/or Internet provider's data rates.
Continued use of GPS running in the background can dramatically decrease battery life.
• Camera options can be changed on Record screen (prior to start of recording)
• Fixed failure to export data to VBO, KML, GPX, etc.
• Fixed possible crash with OBD or NBP inputs
Ratings and Reviews
Great app for simple, no fuss onboard video and data!
Some suggestions though: add a night mode, perhaps just dim the (recording) screen. Add a pause/resume recording: for some activities you don’t want to record everything, and now if you press stop recording it moves to another screen and the recording session is over, then you have to start over and not sure what happens if the car is already moving etc. Tap to pause, tap to resume, that’s it. Bonus: find and record the brake pressure, I know the Focus RS sends the brake pressure and steering angle on the HSBUS, not sure it can be queried through OBD though, but brake pressure would be fantastic, with steering angle a plus.
Great app for motocross
I strap my phone to my handlebars using a running armband. It keeps my lap pace.
One minor improvement I would request is having the segment option start when you cross the start area. Then, in motocross, I can set 2 points and see what lines are faster as I cross those points for each lap. Then I could have a few laps of data once I finish.
Otherwise, this has been a great purchase.
Need to spend $270 to get full functionality
Bought Pro version and used in Autocross. iPhone gps is not good enough for auto start feature and data logging is not accurate for autocross. Really need to buy external GPS and be careful only XGPS160 for $150 will work with iOS. Qstar for $90 will not work. In addition, my existing Blue Driver OBD reader will not talk to Track Addict (not cheap Chinese knockoff). So you need to spend another $100 for a Kiwi 3 (not a Kiwi4). There is a full documentation page on HP tuners/Race Render website if you can find it.
- RaceRender LLC
- 31.3 MB
Requires iOS 10.0 or later. Compatible with iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch.
- Age Rating
- Rated 4+
- This app may use your location even when it isn't open, which can decrease battery life.
- © RaceRender LLC
- In-App Purchases
- Pro Edition Upgrade $8.99
With Family Sharing set up, up to six family members can use this app.