See what your car is doing in realtime, get OBD fault codes, car performance, sensor data and more!
Car Scanner is a vehicle / car performance / trip computer / diagnostics tool and scanner that uses an OBD II Wi-Fi or Bluetooth 4.0 (Bluetooth LE) adapter to connect to your OBD2 engine management / ECU.
Car Scanner gives you a bunch of unique features:
1) Layout your own dashboard with the gauges and charts you want!
2) Add custom (extended PIDs) and get information, that was hidden from you by car manufacturer!
3) It can also show and reset a DTC fault code like a scantool. Car Scanner includes a huge database of DTC codes descriptions.
4) Car Scanner allows you to read free-frames (sensors state when DTC is saved).
5) Now with Mode 06 - you can get ECU self-monitoring test results. Helps you fix your car and helps keep repair costs down!
6) Check if your car is ready for emission tests.
7) Check all of the sensors at one screen
8) Car Scanner works with any vehicle that uses the OBD 2 standard (most vehicles built after 2000, but can work for vehicles as far back as 1996, check carscanner.info for more details).
9) Car Scanner includes a lot of connection profiles, that gives you some extra features for Toyota, Mitsubishi, GM, Opel, Vauxhal, Chevrolet, Nissan, Infinity, Renault, Dacia, Hyundai, Kia, Mazda, Volkswagen, Audi, Skoda, Seat, BMW and many others.
10) Car Scanner dashboard includes a HUD mode, that you can use to project data to your windshield.
11) Car Scanner provides a tool for very accurate acceleration measurments (0-60, 0-100, etc.)
12) Car Scanner can be used as a trip computer and can show you fuel consumption statistics!
13) For cars of the VAG group (Volkswagen, Audi, Skoda, Seat), built on the MQB and PQ26 platforms, encoding functions are available - setting hidden parameters of the car.
14) And one more thing - Car Scanner provides the widest variety of features for FREE across the App Store.
The app requires a Wi-Fi or or Bluetooth 4.0 (Bluetooth LE) OBD2 ELM327 compatible adapter (device) to work. ELM327 devices plugs into the diagnostics socket in the car ang gives your phone access to car diagnostics.
Recommended adapters brands: Kiwi 3, Viecar, V-Gate, Carista, LELink, Veepeak.
If you buy one of the cheap china OBD2 ELM327 adapters from ebay / amazon, then make sure it’s not marked as v.2.1. This adapters are supported, but they have lot’s of bugs.
PLEASE NOTE: Vehicle ECUs vary in the amount of sensors supported. This app can’t show you something, that is not provided by your car.
Attention "bad" adapters! We faced the problem, that some adapters (often cheep Chinese clones), can’t connect to the smartphone or the car. Some of them can even make your car engine work unstable, often lost connection, increase time lag when reading data.
So, we recommend you to use genuine ELM327 or recommended adapter brands.
Car Scanner ELM OBD2 is free but to unlock all the features, a one-time purchase or a subscription is required.
Under no circumstances will the developer of this application be held responsible for incidents resulting from the use and/or interpretation of the data in the application.
If you have any issues, you can always contact developer using Settings - Contact developer in the app or just send email to firstname.lastname@example.org
1) Added connection profiles for: Ford F-150 Lightning, Haval H-5 (4D20), Hyundai Tucson NX4 2.0D (2021-), Hyundai SantaFe TM PE 2.2 CRDI (2020-), Kia Sportage NQ5 (2021-) 2.0 CRDI, Kia Sorento MQ4 2.2 CRDI (2020-), SsangYong New Action 2.0 gasoline.
2) Other connection profiles updated with new sensors.
3) Added coding injectors for Haval H5 (4D20 Delphi)
4) Added rear brake service for Kia Optima JF
Ratings and Reviews
Own a car 1994 or newer, then you need this tool!
I’ve always worked on my own vehicles since my very first car, a 1982 Mazda RX7...if there’s one thing that I’ve learned from my experience, using proper tools always made any repair that much easier. This includes having access to a Chilton or Haynes repair manual, IF you happen to enjoy getting your hands dirty!
But, owning a car can be mighty stressful when those check engine lights begins flashing and you’re dreading that trip to the car dealership. Well, thanks to the EPA and SAE standards for OBD-II, you can get the same information that your certified mechanics use to access from your vehicles onboard computer/s. You may not do you own repairs, BUT being informed why your check engine lights are on can save you hundreds if not thousands of dollars by being educated ahead of time!
This inexpensive WiFi OBD-II reader is the second one I’ve owned. My 1st (Different Brand) cost me several hundred dollars and doesn’t provide me the ease of use that this unit can! I can toss this in my glove box and have access to it in seconds flat...paired with your smartphone, you can access engine codes, see potential problems and solutions for less than the cost of an oil change. So what are you waiting for???
I did read your interview on app of the day
I have a fully restored 89 Land Cruiser with a GM LS swap (toyotafj62_texas) on IG and needless to say can be tricky pulling good data that hasn’t been influenced by bad data. Combining 2 worlds can be a challenge. This app traveled with me on 3 recent trips to very remote locations often above 10,000 feet elevation, needless to say the old goat needed to be monitored. The app worked flawlessly. Additionally was accurate enough that I was able to trend negative info and predicted issues well before they happened. Last trip saw it coming, called ahead to a maintenance shop hours before arrival, mechanic ask very specific details and I sent him screenshot, upon arrival no q&a, swapped parts and off I went. Last ecu tune and dyno the computer tech saw me using the app and played it down, until he saw me trending the same data he was with accuracy. Later he asked if he could use my iPhone and try the program. Certainly not what I expected with a guy using a $5000 programming tool. Great work and thank you for saving my life. Your hard work providing me with data I need to keep moving saved me from unfortunate events. Knowledge is power…
Easy to use! Great for people who are not mechanics as well!
This app is amazing and well rounded for all types of users from professional mechanics to your regular vehicle owner. It is easy to use and offers tons of useful stuff for your everyday person such as fuel consumption, DTC Codes, emissions tests, etc.. While also offering in depth diagnostic tools such as a full list of sensor readings and live performance monitoring. It also gives a brief summary in understanding the interface of the different tools offered. I am not a professional mechanic by any means, yet it was very easy to understand and navigate through the different tools despite my lack of in-depth knowledge in automotive mechanics. I purchased the highest in app purchase for the app without hesitation due to the high quality design and ease of use even though for a regular fix it myself guy, the free version was more than adequate. The people who created this app have done an amazing job and I was more than happy to purchase the access to all the features in support of the team who created such a well built, well maintained tool.
Data Used to Track You
The following data may be used to track you across apps and websites owned by other companies:
- Usage Data
Data Linked to You
The following data may be collected and linked to your identity:
- Usage Data
Privacy practices may vary, for example, based on the features you use or your age. Learn More
- Stanislav Svistunov
- 254 MB
- Requires iOS 9.3 or later.
- Requires iPadOS 9.3 or later.
- iPod touch
- Requires iOS 9.3 or later.
- Requires macOS 11.0 or later and a Mac with Apple M1 chip.
Czech, French, German, Italian, Japanese, Korean, Persian, Polish, Russian, Simplified Chinese, Spanish, Turkish
- Age Rating
- © 2017 0vZ
- In-App Purchases
- Car Scanner Pro (high price) $6.99
- Car Scanner Pro (6 months) $3.99
- Car Scanner Pro (mid price) $6.99
- Car Scanner Pro (1 year) $4.99
- Car Scanner Pro (low price) $6.99
Some in‑app purchases, including subscriptions, may be shareable with your family group when Family Sharing is enabled.