More than 6 YEARS on the App Store! Big changes to support more devices, multitasking, and iOS improvements.
App updates clear the previous reviews. Thanks for taking the time to update your review/rating for new releases!
- New setting to show entry and photo storage; you can force deletion of temporary files to save space
- Support for Slide Over and Split View multitasking on iPad
- Improved handling of iOS Text Size settings adjustments
- Improved PDF rendering / printing
- Better, sharper photo thumbnails
- Extended keyboard layout adjustments
- Notebook covers are more adaptive and look better on all devices
- Improved code to handle deleting temporary exported/shared files to cut down on storage
- Updated search library to improve journal indexing
- Fix for jumpy behavior when rotating device while viewing a journal entry
- Fixed bug that caused words to underlap keyboard while typing
- Better support for input assistant buttons on iPad keyboard (undo, copy, paste)
- Fixed bug in app's settings that occurred when scrolling up and down rapidly
- Updated share/export dialogs (removed previous workaround for iOS 8 issue)
- Search results reload to reflect any changes in system text size
- Updated layout to work better no matter what screen size you have
- Faster launch and improved launch screen for all devices
- Fixed a crash that could occur when editing date of old entry
- Improved support for iOS 9 and 10 (maintains iOS 8 compatibility)
- Updated alert views, action sheets, and popovers
- Privacy lock enhancements, especially for older devices
- Ability to export all entries as a text file
- Faster backup and export creation
- Ability to Mail your backups or you can 'Open In...' to save them elsewhere
- App keeps recent backups, cleans up older ones to save storage
- Fix for database concurrency issues that could lead to rare crash
If you've been using the previous version, this update will migrate your data when you launch the app. If you have years entries and photos, the migration could take a couple minutes. Please leave the app open and running until it completes.
Ratings and Reviews
I use this app to jot down my story ideas. It is simple and helpful. I do have to admit that the new design and color are hard on the eyes. Please consider allowing customization. Keep up the wonderful work. Thanks!
Suckered by Stars?
You a writer? Seriously? Do you care if everything you write disappears the next day? Then by all means, throw your words and thoughts away right here on "Steve's" app (s), Chapters & Chronicles.
I'm not sour grapes. I'm an investigative journalist with 35 years writing /reporting experience and please please please, don't throw your precious words away on this childish "writers" app. Don't spend ONE CENT on this pretend "writers" app.
Seriously, download "My Story". It looks to simple to be good but take it from someone who once lost a 78,000 word work -in progress in both Chapters and Chronicles, "My Story" is a writers dream come true. This app here is okay for grade school spelling lists. An even bigger lie is "developer support". There is no developer. He died. Or his brain died. Or maybe he just cannot read. That might be true! I gave five stars for the purpose of getting your attention. Don't do this app, I beg you! Elizabethan Yvette Emerson
Do not Trust/Buy this app unless you want to lose Everything!
You think it’s great until it destroys/erases all your memories. I have been reading the reviews and see that I am not the only mother this has happened to. Apparently there a quite a few of us who have used this app to record precious memories, only to have them all stolen!
I have used this app for six years. Kept a journal about my daughter’s baby days and childhood. Recently allowed an update to our iPad, and everything is gone! My husband and I have spent hours trying to recover, and yes, we do back up our iPad. Never happened when we updated before, but this time I noticed that the icon changed, so the app itself has undergone some updating, or in other words Ruining!
I am still hoping to recover my journal, but we are having to spend a lot of our precious time. Should not happen!
Today, I tried to record another entry, figuring i could email to myself for safety. I spent half an hour, that I don’t have, detailing a memory, then pressed the Done button and the whole thing disappeared! Can not find it anywhere.
Was a good app for years, and then they destroyed it.
So angry and heartsick. Do not use if you don’t want to risk losing everything.
With Family Sharing set up, up to six family members can use this app.