Harry's LapTimer is the advanced tool for car enthusiast. It records all types of sensor data provided by your iPhone/iPod/iPad (or external sensors), combines them, and makes them available to optimize your drive. Over time, you will get insights on your car and in your driving, not known before.
LapTimer offers more than 1300 predefined tracks world wide. With its assistants, it is extremely easy to setup - just click your track and drive. It fully automates your lap timing using GPS, and presents the results to all kinds of media.
You are not limited to track driving only. For example, you may define your home and working locations as a 'track', collect statistics on different ways chosen, and analyze / optimize the time used every day.
Want to show your drive to your friends? LapTimer Petrolhead and above generates beautiful in car video recordings with all kinds of data overlaid, ready to be presented - e.g. on youtube. Even without video, recorded data can be analyzed using purpose designed views, making it easy to analyze and improve your driving performance.
Using online racing, you can use LapTimer in competition. LapTimer offers a Hall of Fame, allows watching you and your friends on track - all in real time. Compare your sector times, braking / acceleration points, and learn from each other.
You can start with your plain iPhone in the beginning and add external GPS and OBD II sensors later, step by step, and as you need it. LapTimer itself comes in three different editions: LapTimer Rookie is the entry level with all you need for lap timing; LapTimer Petrolhead is the advanced version including lots of video features, and LapTimer Grand Prix is the edition for professionals including Multi Cam recording, Health Kit integration, and advanced sensor and analytics functionality.
Please note that functionality depends on your device, the LapTimer edition chosen, and sometimes even external sensors added (like OBD II). Please visit our web page to get the full story. All edition can be upgraded later, all editions come with native iPhone and iPad support.
There are quite expensive stand alone solutions for track days available. Be smart and own the leading edge tool simply by using your iPhone and LapTimer. Besides the professional area, there is no known solution that offers more functionality than LapTimer does - across the market. As our ambition is to offer the best tool, LapTimer is enhanced continuously.
Please visit http://www.gps-laptimer.de for detailed information on versions, FAQs / documentation, in depth technology background information, online racing, and supported device configurations. Join our user community on http://www.gps-laptimer-forum.de to be involved in future development - all with first class support.
This is our next major release. It is free for all existing users!
- Reworked all logging format importers (VBO, GPX, NMEA), added support for as-is imports (VBO, NMEA)
- Refactor all dialogs, fixed dead locks
- Fixed VEEPEAK OBD adapter recognition
- Fixed a bug in track set conflict resolving
- Modernized launch screen for late iOS versions
- Modernized media handling and access to videos in particular
- Modernized various user interface areas for late iOS versions
- Renamed Camera Roll to Photos
- Changed OBD gauges in video overlays to appear if any lap has OBD, not only if all have it
- Added a health check for disconnected external sensors
- Allow manual track selection in Status if either Manual Timing is enabled or Performance View is selected
- Fast speed range selection for Performance View
- Fixed delta display of temperatures when using Fahrenheit
- Fixed a crash when returning from Video Preview
- Added sector and lap time display to video overlays again
- Added setting for HERO8
- Added support for the airVentDisplay (BMW e46 m3 GNSS and engine adapter)
- Added track subtype for Water (for Jetski, motorboat, sailing competition)
- Fixed crash when restoring a database
- Updated traditional Chinese translation
- Added build number to system information
- Massive refactoring in several areas
Ratings and ReviewsSee All
Great app. Here's how to use it.
I managed to figure out how to use the app in 5 minutes of playing with it. Easy instructions:
Calibration happens automatically. If you want you can force it to calibrate manually by hitting the wrench in the "Acceleration" page, but it's generally unnecessary.
To get automatic lap timing working:
1) Create your car and track at some point by hitting the wrench in the "Classic" or "Racer's" page. Select your car/track.
2) When you get to the starting grid for the first time on that track, hit the "More" page, then "POI List", then "+". This sets your current location as the start/finish line.
3) Hit Go on the "Classic" or "Racer's" page and start lapping!
4 stars only because Harry should be writing these instructions and not me. This app has far more features than any of the other track day apps out there; they're just harder to get to.
I've used this software on my Palm for a couple of years and now it's finally available for iPhone. It's missing some of the Palm features, but I'm confident they will come. This developer has always responded quickly to concerns and problems. I have not seen any other software in the App Store that does what LapTimer does. This is by far the best software for road racers on this platform. Thanks for bringing this software to iPhone!
I spent three days at High Plains Raceway testing various laptiming software. Hands down this app wins. I used a Tom Tom mount and amazed everyone with the accuracy. My lap times on this app were within 1/100s of the transponder times! The ability to use NMEA data must have been key. I use the timer view to improve my times; the diff to ref lap is a very useful and advanced function. With this functionality one knows exactly how effective a new line was, immediately. The UI could do with some work because the font on the diff is too small. Use the iPhone accessibility menu to invert the colors for more contrast. This app works better than some dedicated loggers. Keep up the good work!
- Harald Schlangmann
- 89.6 MB
Requires iOS 9.3 and watchOS 2.0 or later. Compatible with iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch.
English, French, German, Italian, Japanese, Simplified Chinese, Spanish, Traditional Chinese
- Age Rating
- © Harald Schlangmann
- In-App Purchases
- Petrolhead Upgrade $12.99
- Grand Prix Upgrade $9.99
With Family Sharing set up, up to six family members can use this app.