Control and monitor your home from anywhere in the world. Home Assistant Companion lets you control all your devices and provides advanced location and notification engines to allow for complex automations.
Home Assistant is an open-source home automation platform that focuses on local control and privacy. Supported products include:
- Amazon Echo (Alexa)
- Apple TV
- Belkin WeMo
- Dark Sky
- Google Assistant
- Google Cast
- IKEA Trådfri (Tradfri)
- Philips Hue
Home Assistant Companion requires a configured Home Assistant instance. The instance must use Home Assistant Cloud or be accessible from the Internet and secured with a valid, non self-signed, SSL certificate for location tracking. Basic notifications work without external access.
- New “Open Page” widget to quickly open your "Lights" dashboard, History, Developer Tools, etc.
- Increases the number of actions in most “Perform Action” widgets by 2x.
- Fixes crashes and other errant behavior when opening from a widget repeatedly.
- Adds support for dynamic notification actions and content on macOS 11+.
- Confirms local notifications with core 2021.10 or later, which eliminates potential missed notifications by falling back to non-local push.
- Upgrades MaterialDesignIcons to 6.1.95.
- Fixes a rare crash when sensors update and doing other network requests.
- Reduces the verbosity of Shortcut results. For example, instead of "called service light.turn_on" it is now "done.”
Ratings and Reviews
Best smart home software
Home Assistant is awesome, the best smart home software I’ve used for sure. It’s not the easiest to use sometimes, it does take some homework, but it is the most powerful. I love that it’s all self-hosted, I don’t have to worry about any information or communication in the cloud. There are so many integrations available that it surprises me sometimes. This app is great, it functions like you would expect this app to, as an extension of any other interface for the software. I can’t recommend this app enough, and Home Assistant in general if you dedicate the time to it.
Can’t believe that I waited so long!
For anyone who is considering getting into home automation or is already into automating their home, please consider using Home Automation. I made the switch about 2 weeks ago, and it is the best platform available. Not only is it open source, the user community is strong, and you are not beholden to Samsung, Google, HomeKit, though there are integrations to each if needed.
Keeping all of your data locally resolve privacy concerns, and significantly speeds up response time.
I’ve made the switch and have no plans on looking back!
A great app for Home Assistant. Design your interface on the computer with either the included buttons or get free addons to customize your experience further. Keeps it easy for beginners or advanced features for more tech-savvy types.
My biggest gripe with other smart home hubs like SmartThings are that I can’t change change the UI and unable to see all my sensors on one page. With the Home Assistant app, I was able to create custom buttons and display everything on the same page for an instant status of my house.
Data Not Linked to You
The following data may be collected but it is not linked to your identity:
- Usage Data
Privacy practices may vary, for example, based on the features you use or your age. Learn More
- Nabu Casa, Inc
- 34.6 MB
- Requires iOS 12.0 or later.
- Requires iPadOS 12.0 or later.
- iPod touch
- Requires iOS 12.0 or later.
- Requires macOS 10.15 or later.
English, Catalan, Czech, Danish, Dutch, Finnish, French, German, Greek, Indonesian, Italian, Korean, Norwegian Bokmål, Polish, Russian, Simplified Chinese, Slovenian, Spanish, Swedish, Traditional Chinese, Turkish, Ukrainian, Vietnamese, Welsh
- Age Rating
- This app may use your location even when it isn’t open, which can decrease battery life.
- © 2016-2021 The Home Assistant Authors
With Family Sharing set up, up to six family members can use this app.