An intuitive, ergonomic mobile trading platform. Monitor market activity and trade with real-time quotes, charts, and market scanners. Both standard order types and complex option spreads are supported.
Thinking about opening an account at IBKR? Take our mobile platform for a test drive: no registration or username is required to log in and view unlimited delayed quotes.
Interactive Brokers LLC is a member of NYSE – FINRA – SIPC and regulated by the U.S. Securities and Exchange Commission and the U.S. Commodity Futures Trading Commission.
* Bug fix and stability improvements
Ratings and ReviewsSee All
Does not play well with password managers
I really like this app as a trading platform, but it is very frustrating to login with trading permissions. Firstly, it defaults to login without trading permissions and you are prompted to enter your password for trading or account management. Then the lack of compatibility with password managers flexes it’s ugly head. I use LastPass and the problem is twofold: launching lastpass from the app prompt does not display my IB entry I have to search for it, and after selecting my IB entry I’m returned to the app without the password populated and in fact the password prompt is gone. This means I have to switch to lastpass, find IB, copy the password then go back to IB, trigger the password prompt and paste the password. Overall it’s a frustrating, broken user experience.
Improving a lot! A couple new wishes.
This app has gotten much better since my last review, so here are my latest thoughts (+1 more star)!
There used to be some issues around login, sessions, read-only mode, etc. These appear to have gotten much better.
Some general pointers for those remaining stars:
- The worst issue I have with this app is that you lose your drill state (state of navigation) when switching away to another app and back to IBKR. Want to view one of your past trades, and while doing so switch to your calculator to check out some gain/loss scenarios? Sorry, can't do that: when you switch back to IBKR, you'll have to TouchID again and will be taken back to your portfolio screen. If I go to view a specific option symbol, then switch to another app, then switch back to IBKR, I expect to still be viewing that option symbol after TouchID.
- It is really jarring every single time you open the trade view for an option (e.g. after tapping BUY or SELL on a call), when that graph finally loads after 10 seconds or so. Basic UI sense would dictate that there is a placeholder element of the proper size, possibly with loading indicator, for async/pending content so that the UI isn't shifted around when it comes in. Currently the graph shoves everything down and disrupts your viewing and editing of form values.
Short Interest rate and Market Cap are no longer working on watchlist or portfolio. Please fix and also add % of IB shares short.
Thanks for all the improvements in this version!
1. It does feel like charts are slower to load now? I realize there is more logic with adding trading features, but would like it a bit faster.
2. More ability to work columns in portfolio view
3. Better use of landscape on iPhone XS Max (is a lot of wasted space)
4. Better Multitasking, at least give 60 seconds before requiring to relog in. If I swipe to my password manager and then back I have to log in again and then re-navigate to the view I was on.
5. There are columns like MKT Value that are available in Portfolio view, but then only MKT Value % is available in watchlist. This wouldn’t matter as much if you could sort portfolio view.
7. Split screen support on IPad
8. When you click to Portfolio, it calculates your daily change, and then recalculates again. That initial calculation is often off by many thousands of dollars, giving me a heart attack on a daily basis. Please don’t display the daily calculations until they are accurate.
Developer Response ,
Thank you very much for the positive feedback and for your suggestions, they are both greatly appreciated! We just wanted to let you know that are actively working on adding item MKT Value column to the watchlist along with several others. Please feel free to contact us at email@example.com with any additional suggestions that you feel would improve the overall experience of the app. Thanks again for your time and feedback!
- Interactive Brokers LLC
- 37.4 MB
Requires iOS 11.0 and watchOS 2.0 or later. Compatible with iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch.
English, Dutch, French, German, Italian, Japanese, Russian, Simplified Chinese, Spanish, Traditional Chinese, Turkish
- Age Rating
- © 2019 Interactive Brokers LLC
With Family Sharing set up, up to six family members can use this app.