thinkorswim® is now available to TD Ameritrade clients and select Schwab clients.
Now, whether you trade with Schwab or TD Ameritrade, you won’t miss a minute of the market. Put the power of thinkorswim® right in your pocket with our trading app. Manage your positions; find quotes, charts, and studies; get support; and place trades easily and securely—all right from your phone or tablet. Access investment products like stocks, options, futures, and forex, and even try out new strategies with our paper trading feature, paperMoney®.
• Trade stocks, complex options, futures, and forex. Create and modify advanced orders and add order conditions quickly and easily.
• Chat with a trading specialist in real time—even share your screen without ever leaving the app.
• Live stream programming from our media affiliate, TD Ameritrade Network, and CNBC (U.S., Asia, and Europe), and get in-depth company profiles from Trefis to uncover key insights.
• Practice your trading strategies with real market data, using paperMoney—without risking a dime.
• Scan multi-touch charts with hundreds of studies. Chart drawings will sync with the thinkorswim platform. Glance at the past, take a look at the present, and model the future when you overlay company and economic events.
• Manage and analyze your positions and view your account balances on all your linked accounts.
• Track and modify your watchlists, orders, and alerts, including saved orders.
• Check out our expanding library of educational videos.
So what are you waiting for? Level up and download the award-winning thinkorswim mobile app and hold the markets in your hands.
1. TD Ameritrade Network is brought to you by TD Ameritrade Media Productions Company. TD Ameritrade Media Productions Company, TD Ameritrade, Inc., and Charles Schwab & Co., Inc. are separate but affiliated subsidiaries of The Charles Schwab Corporation. TD Ameritrade Media Productions Company is not a financial advisor, registered investment advisor, broker-dealer, or futures commission merchant.
2. Trefis information provided by Insight Guru, a separate, unaffiliated firm. Stock prices are impacted by numerous factors, and estimates of prices in the future are not guaranteed.
3. The paperMoney software application is for educational purposes only. Successful virtual trading during one time period does not guarantee successful investing of actual funds during a later time period as market conditions change continuously.
4. TD Ameritrade was evaluated against 16 other online brokers in the 2023 StockBrokers.com Online Broker Review. The firm was rated Best App Overall in the category of Stock Trading Apps.
Market volatility, volume, and system availability may delay account access and trade executions.
Options involve risks and are not suitable for all investors. The risk of loss in trading securities, options, futures, and forex can be substantial. Clients must consider all relevant risk factors, including their own personal financial situation, before trading.
Futures and forex trading services provided by Charles Schwab Futures and Forex LLC. Trading privileges subject to review and approval. Not all clients will qualify. Forex accounts are not available to residents of Ohio or Arizona.
Charles Schwab Futures and Forex LLC, a CFTC-registered Futures Commission Merchant and NFA Forex Dealer Member. Charles Schwab Futures and Forex LLC is a subsidiary of The Charles Schwab Corporation.
Charles Schwab & Co., Inc, (“Schwab”) and TD Ameritrade, Inc., members SIPC, are separate but affiliated subsidiaries of The Charles Schwab Corporation.
Past performance does not guarantee future results.
Optimizations for a better, faster, stronger mobile experience. More to come.
Peace, love, and happy trading.
Ratings and Reviews
Love the platform and what it offers but am extremely frustrated with all the technical problems. There’s been countless instances where I’ve placed buy or sell orders that do not go thru. When you check it the color is lighter, it does not allow you to cancel it or make any changes, the order is not acknowledged resulting in enormous losses as you end up having to resubmit orders for a higher price or take a loss on the sales price. When the frozen order doesn’t allow you to cancel or change it, you have to submit a new order for a different price, suddenly the old order (which can sometimes take minutes at a time) suddenly activates and you end up with duplicate orders resulting at even further losses. Another costly problem is when you set trailing stops or stop limits and the stock breezes through it without selling. There’s been numerous other issues but those are the most predominant and costly issues. Of course It’s never Ameritrade the takes the loss, it is the user. If there weren’t so many technical problems I would really enjoy the program and frankly I’m shocked that there hasn’t been lawsuits from all the customers that have incurred monumental losses because of these problems.
Developer Response ,
We appreciate you sharing your experience. You shouldn't have issues with cancelling or replacing your orders. If you are still experiencing these issues, try making a copy of your local watchlist and save it to the TDA Server so you don't lose this information. (Click the pencil icon at the bottom of the watchlist to copy your watchlist. Choose TDA server. Give it a name and save.) Then uninstall/ reinstall the app. If the app still has issues after trying this, call our tech team at 800-669-3900 so they can further troubleshoot your settings. Our Tech team is here between 6 am and 5 pm, CT, Mon - Friday. By the way, regarding any of your orders, our trade desk would be more than happy to review your entered orders to ensure you received proper fills. We also will be glad to check why certain orders are not executing for you. ^ZJ
So much better than Robinhood
There is so much more information and charts to analyze than Robinhood. You can change so many settings and dive into finding your own investment strategies. This app is very intimidating at first compared to Robinhood, but I strongly encourage you to dive in. Start simple by creating your watchlists. Then when want to purchase click on trade in upper right corner. It will already be set to 100 shares and instead of changing it with the +\- simply click directly on the number 100 to type the exact number of shares. Then either buy it at the market price which is if the lock icon is unlocked or lock the lock and click directly on the price and type the exact price you want to limit buy it at. Click send or confirm in upper right and your order is underway. If your order goes through then you can view your portfolio under positions tab at bottom next to watchlists. Next to that you can check on or cancel your orders under the orders tab. Hope this helps you get the confidence to give it a try. So far I love TD Ameritrade one week in.
App frequently closes on me during trades
The app over all is great. It has a lot too offer. But there is one issue that happens frequently enough the that it has caused me to one star. The app repeatedly logs me out staying “the session has ended, please log in to continue” the log in screen comes up and I have to type in my password etc and get logged in. This has cost me money in more than one occasion and it always seems to happen right as I’m about to exit a position that is going against me. I be been luck that the moves weren’t more violent and didn’t go further against me while I was getting logged back in. Very irritating. I’ve also had times where I sent and order and it just did t go anywhere. It was like the order never existed after I hit the send button. So I missed a lot of good entries and exits due to this. But besides those too issues I do really like the app. I do wish the would add a few quick execution button on the same screen as the chart…. So you do t have to toggle over to the order tab and hit “send” are you sure “yes”. That’s a 3 step process and a lot can happen in those 3 steps that can cost u money. I suggest 3 execution buttons buttons be added somewhere on the chart tab that can be customized to what type of orders the execute. Similar to the way you can assign hot keys on the active trader tab of the desktop version.
Developer Response ,
Thanks for your feedback. We value your thoughts as it helps us provide what our clients most want to see. I'll pass along your thoughts along to our developers for consideration. Please send us your ideas anytime using our feedback button, located under More > Help/ Support on the app. ^ZB
Data Linked to You
The following data may be collected and linked to your identity:
- User Content
- Usage Data
Data Not Linked to You
The following data may be collected but it is not linked to your identity:
Privacy practices may vary, for example, based on the features you use or your age. Learn More
- TD Ameritrade Mobile, LLC
- 133.9 MB
- Requires iOS 15.0 or later.
- Requires iPadOS 15.0 or later.
- iPod touch
- Requires iOS 15.0 or later.
English, Simplified Chinese, Traditional Chinese
- Age Rating
- © 2009-2023 TD Ameritrade