Ice Cubes for Mastodon 17+
A blazing fast Mastodon client
Designed for iPad
- Offers In-App Purchases
Ice Cubes is a fast, reliable and beautiful Mastodon client.
You can connect to any Mastodon instance and use the various features this app offer.
- Browse your home, federated and local timeline
- Push notifications.
- Favorite, boost, share, and even quote any toot!
- Great iPad support with a column dedicated to notifications
- You've read it right, this app offer a quote toot feature, Ice Cubes will also embed any other toot link so the content is easily readable.
- Organize your timeline with lists, add and remove users from lists, create new lists!
- Filter your timeline by your lists, followed tags and more.
- The timeline is also live, this app is connected to the powerful streaming API of Mastodon so you won't miss any content!
- You can even pin other instance local timelines, you can keep up with all your communities from the same account.
- Explore, search and discover new content with a powerful explore tab.
- Dedicated tab for your direct message.
- Multi accounts support and easy switch between your accounts.
- A lot of customisation options.
- AI Tools Integration, you can get a little help from your AI friend when composing your toot, it can help you correct your text or even shorten it!
- And much more to discover within the app.
Bonus: It's completely open source, you can have a look at the code here: https://github.com/Dimillian/IceCubesApp to learn more, and maybe even follow along!
- Fix some issues related to timeline loading.
Ratings and Reviews
Nice iconography + Follow other local timelines
I’m not an icon or font snob, but some other Mastodon apps have gotten cute with their icons and I keep hitting the wrong buttons! I originally gave Ice Cubes a try just because the icons are more representative of what they do.
I stayed because I really like the feature that allows you to follow other local timelines on other instances. It’s like attending one high school but being allowed to read (and respond) to another school’s newspaper.
The layouts are pretty and crisp and it allows customization. Currently using on iPad and Mac.
I like this app the most out of the iOS clients I've tried so far. However, there's no way to upload a new icon or header image and that's super annoying. I have the option to save my own icon or even use markup on it (???) but not to upload a new one. Very weird. Another issue is that most of the time (probably 70%) when I go to another user's profile, the app force quits. Doesn't matter what instance the user is on. I also just noticed, when I am able to view another user's profile and I tap on their Followers or Following list, the app will only show me users on the same instance as me. This is the weirdest thing. I want to see everyone my friends are following, not just users on the same instance as me. This happens even if my friend whose Followers list I'm viewing isn't on the same instance as me, which is just weird. I looked everywhere for a setting on this issue since I didn't see this occurring on any other client but I don't see one anywhere. I do like that I can change the app icon but it seems weird to have that option when I can't even change my own profile icon.
No unified timeline makes Mastodon frustrating
I love the customization and options in this app, and I love open source software, but without a unified timeline, using Mastodon is worthless. I don’t need to see every reply from every second single person I follow. I should only see replies in my feed when someone I follow replies to someone I don’t follow. Otherwise I should only see the original post in my feed giving me the option to dig into that post to read the replies. Getting notifications for every reply from people I follow makes sense. But no one can piece together a timeline for every single follow they have in some puzzle cluster eff of replies to make sense of things in their feed, especially when it shows them out of order, which is often the case. Twitter and others have this right. Until I get a feed that makes sense, Mastodon and it’s 3rd party apps aren’t worth anybody’s time and attention.
Data Not Linked to You
The following data may be collected but it is not linked to your identity:
Privacy practices may vary, for example, based on the features you use or your age. Learn More
- Thomas Ricouard
- 95.2 MB
- Social Networking
- Requires iOS 16.1 or later.
- Requires iPadOS 16.1 or later.
- iPod touch
- Requires iOS 16.1 or later.
- Requires macOS 13.0 or later and a Mac with Apple M1 chip or later.
English, Basque, Belarusian, Catalan, Dutch, French, German, Italian, Japanese, Korean, Norwegian Bokmål, Polish, Portuguese, Simplified Chinese, Spanish, Traditional Chinese, Turkish, Ukrainian
- Age Rating
- 17+ Infrequent/Mild Sexual Content and Nudity Infrequent/Mild Mature/Suggestive Themes Infrequent/Mild Horror/Fear Themes Infrequent/Mild Alcohol, Tobacco, or Drug Use or References Unrestricted Web Access Infrequent/Mild Cartoon or Fantasy Violence Infrequent/Mild Contests Infrequent/Mild Medical/Treatment Information Infrequent/Mild Profanity or Crude Humor
- © 2022 Thomas Ricouard
- In-App Purchases
- Supporter $0.99
- Nice Tip $2.99
- Generous tip $6.99
- Small Tip $0.99
- Insane tip $13.99