Ice Cubes for Mastodon 17+
A blazing fast Mastodon client
Designed for iPad
- Offers In-App Purchases
Ice Cubes is a fast, reliable and beautiful Mastodon client.
You can connect to any Mastodon instance and use the various features this app offer.
- Browse your home, federated and local timeline
- Push notifications.
- Favorite, boost, share, and even quote any toot!
- Great iPad support with a column dedicated to notifications
- You've read it right, this app offer a quote toot feature, Ice Cubes will also embed any other toot link so the content is easily readable.
- Organize your timeline with lists, add and remove users from lists, create new lists!
- Filter your timeline by your lists, followed tags and more.
- The timeline is also live, this app is connected to the powerful streaming API of Mastodon so you won't miss any content!
- You can even pin other instance local timelines, you can keep up with all your communities from the same account.
- Explore, search and discover new content with a powerful explore tab.
- Dedicated tab for your direct message.
- Multi accounts support and easy switch between your accounts.
- A lot of customisation options.
- AI Tools Integration, you can get a little help from your AI friend when composing your toot, it can help you correct your text or even shorten it!
- And much more to discover within the app.
Bonus: It's completely open source, you can have a look at the code here: https://github.com/Dimillian/IceCubesApp to learn more, and maybe even follow along!
- Fix the icons selector not working on iPad.
- UI tweaks in the account selector.
- More accessibility enhancements.
Ratings and Reviews
Nice iconography + Follow other local timelines
I’m not an icon or font snob, but some other Mastodon apps have gotten cute with their icons and I keep hitting the wrong buttons! I originally gave Ice Cubes a try just because the icons are more representative of what they do.
I stayed because I really like the feature that allows you to follow other local timelines on other instances. It’s like attending one high school but being allowed to read (and respond) to another school’s newspaper.
The layouts are pretty and crisp and it allows customization. Currently using on iPad and Mac.
I like this app the most out of the iOS clients I've tried so far. However, there's no way to upload a new icon or header image and that's super annoying. I have the option to save my own icon or even use markup on it (???) but not to upload a new one. Very weird. Another issue is that most of the time (probably 70%) when I go to another user's profile, the app force quits. Doesn't matter what instance the user is on. I also just noticed, when I am able to view another user's profile and I tap on their Followers or Following list, the app will only show me users on the same instance as me. This is the weirdest thing. I want to see everyone my friends are following, not just users on the same instance as me. This happens even if my friend whose Followers list I'm viewing isn't on the same instance as me, which is just weird. I looked everywhere for a setting on this issue since I didn't see this occurring on any other client but I don't see one anywhere. I do like that I can change the app icon but it seems weird to have that option when I can't even change my own profile icon.
This is a great and powerful client for the Mastodon social network and is the app I use for this on my iPhone and iPad. Ice Cubes is open source and completely free to use, although it includes an optional tip jar to support the main developer.
While the app is quickly evolving and always being improved, it is missing one of the most critical features for me: timeline synching between my devices. Other then that, it has everything I would want and is intuitive and wonderfully designed with excellent performance. I look forward to future versions and especially, hopefully, that one big missing feature.
Data Not Linked to You
The following data may be collected but it is not linked to your identity:
Privacy practices may vary, for example, based on the features you use or your age. Learn More
- Thomas Ricouard
- 94.9 MB
- Social Networking
- Requires iOS 16.1 or later.
- Requires iPadOS 16.1 or later.
- iPod touch
- Requires iOS 16.1 or later.
- Requires macOS 13.0 or later and a Mac with Apple M1 chip or later.
English, Basque, Belarusian, Catalan, Dutch, French, German, Italian, Japanese, Korean, Norwegian Bokmål, Polish, Portuguese, Simplified Chinese, Spanish, Traditional Chinese, Turkish, Ukrainian
- Age Rating
- 17+ Infrequent/Mild Contests Infrequent/Mild Mature/Suggestive Themes Infrequent/Mild Sexual Content and Nudity Infrequent/Mild Profanity or Crude Humor Infrequent/Mild Cartoon or Fantasy Violence Infrequent/Mild Alcohol, Tobacco, or Drug Use or References Unrestricted Web Access Infrequent/Mild Horror/Fear Themes Infrequent/Mild Medical/Treatment Information
- © 2022 Thomas Ricouard
- In-App Purchases
- Nice Tip $2.99
- Generous tip $6.99
- Insane tip $13.99
- Small Tip $0.99
- Supporter $0.99