--[ Winner of MacStories Selects 2018. Must-Have iOS Apps, App of the Year ]--
--[ Featured as 'Apps We Love Right Now', 'Be More Productive' and 'Get Stuff Done' ]--
"GoodTask is all you need to organize your day and get things done for real"
If you're using iCloud or Outlook with Reminders and Calendars, it's for you.
GoodTask is a Powerful Task/Project Manager based on iOS Reminders & Calendars. You can use it as simple checklist to focus or as complex project management tool to get big things done.
GoodTask provides various viewpoints to the things that you care and need to be done. Manage your tasks, projects and even your life better with GoodTask.
- Syncs with iOS Reminders & Calendars
- Supports fully customizable recurring tasks
- Manage Reminders Lists and Calendars easily
- List, Day, Week, Month view on each lists
- Add Quickly and Smartly with Presets and Text Snippets
- List with selective Reminders Lists and Calendars
- Filter by including or excluding text/tags
- Filter by Priorities
- Overdue tasks, Location-based tasks, Recent tasks, etc.
- Quickly edit tasks on the fly
- Bulk actions to edit/check/delete multiple tasks at once
- Duplicate, Change due dates, add/switch tags/lists, etc.
Other Key Features
- App Icon Badge & Notifications
- Various Themes
- Long tap to move lists and tasks
- Supports portrait/landscape mode on all devices
- Supports iPad Pro and multi-tasking for all iPads
- Apple Watch with complications support
- Today Widget support
- Time Zone support
- Subtasks, Automatic Repeat after Completion & Manual sort (GoodTask 3 only)
Visit our website for more information (http://goodtaskapp.com) !
If you have questions, mention @goodtaskapp on twitter or send an email to email@example.com
= About Subscriptions =
Subscriptions in GoodTask is OPTIONAL and solely in purpose of supporting the continuous development of the app. In case you choose to subscribe without unlocking everything, it'll be unlocked automatically to fully use the app.
- Supporter is an auto-renewing subscription and is available for yearly periods.
- Payment will be charged to your iTunes account at confirmation of purchase.
- Your subscription will automatically renew unless auto-renew is turned off at least 24-hours before the end of the current subscription period.
- Your account will be charged for renewal within 24-hours prior to the end of the current subscription period. Automatic renewals will cost the same price you were originally charged for the subscription.
- You can manage your subscriptions and turn off auto-renewal by going to your Account Settings on the App Store after purchase.
If you need support, e-mail us at firstname.lastname@example.org
We'll get to you right away. :)
[ To Do List | Task Manager | Reminders | To-Do Checklist | Project Manager | Planner | Lists with Calendar ]
!!! Please read the notes below before using the app !!!
Hi everyone, this update includes 2 main new features below. Details will follow.
- New 3-pane split view on iPad with powerful keyboard support
- GoodTask related text on Notes field (..gt3) removed
If you're using GoodTask on multiple devices including Mac, please update to version 4.8 on all devices for compatibility.
** New 3-pane split view on iPad with powerful keyboard support
- All new interface with lists, tasks and detail task in one sight. Show and hide lists and task detail when appropriate.
- Keyboard support for various actions. (Details are at the bottom)
** GoodTask related text (..gt3) is going away!
- GoodTask related text that was added on Notes field of Reminder which you could see in Reminders app is now getting removed.
- The text was used to support Subtasks, Repeat after completion, Manual sort and Auto-snooze.
- Conversion will run automatically after update note is dismissed. It can also be ran inside 'Settings - Advanced'.
- Subtasks will be still visible on Notes field on Reminders app with better readable format as below.
[ ] Task 1 : Active Subtask
[x] Task 2 : Completed Subtask
- Repeat after completion, Manual sort and Auto-snooze properties per task will be saved locally
- These properties will be synced through iCloud automatically for iCloud lists
(Tasks in Exchange server lists need to be set per device)
** Other improvements
- When completing a recurring task, newly made task now keeps start date, due date and alert properly
(On 'Repeat after completion' and 'No time' tasks, it may take a bit more time but it will eventually be done automatically)
- 'No time' due date tasks made/edited on GoodTask now really have no time, not 12:00 AM
(Works just like before but is now consistent with Reminders app)
- NEW : Button to open Reminders app inside a task (Settings - Advanced - Show Reminders Button)
- NEW : Recommendations for themes (Settings - Appearances - Theme)
- Theme : Pane border color added
- Notes on calendar events are added when printing/sharing a list
& many bugs fixed and performances improved
** Keyboard Shortcuts for iPad **
Up, Down : Move between Lists & Tasks
Left , Right : Focus Change on Lists/Tasks
Tab : Change focus between Lists, Tasks & Title
Enter : If focused on certain item, make them visible. When visible, focus will move to (list -> task -> title -> task)
Space : Complete task if selected
ESC (CMD + .) : Deselect Current Task
1, 2, ... 0 : Favorite lists
CMD + 1, 2, 3, 4 : List, Day, Week, Month Views
[ : Toggle Left Pane
] : Toggle Right Pane
CMD + Left, Right : Prev/Next Date on Day, Week, Month views
CMD + T : Move to Today
CMD + Y : Toggle Show/Completed
CMD + F : Search
CMD + N : Add New Task
CMD + SHIFT + N : Add New Event
Delete : Delete Selected Task
CMD + O : Open URL
CMD + R : Open Reminders
, . / : Quick Actions, General, Subtasks
CMD + / : Add New Subtask
CMD + Enter : Done
CMD + SHIFT + Enter : Add More
ESC (CMD + .): Cancel
CMD + / : Add New Subtask
(Text editing pop-up)
CMD + Enter : Done
CMD + SHIFT + Enter : Add More (while adding subtasks)
ESC (CMD + .): Cancel
Up, Down : Move between items
Enter : Select item
ESC (CMD + .): Cancel
Tab : Search Range
** Check more details with developer comments on GoodTask Forum!
Ratings and Reviews
Exactly what I’ve been searching for
Let me start off my saying I NEVER buy apps that are over $0.99. At first I thought I wasted ten dollars, but once I figured out the settings I was able to utilize this app exactly the way I wanted to. My husband and I share family iOS reminders and calendars, but I wanted something more comprehensive for subtasks, and mainly recurring events so I could check off habits throughout the day without having to uncheck a full list every morning. But I also didn’t want to disturb his process and make him download a new app. The other thing I wanted was a place where I could see my calendar events and tasks all in one place, and once I figured out that I could turn off “separate calendar events,” all my boxes were checked. The smart lists were a bonus, as I didn’t understand when I bought it just how customizable they were. I have smart lists for every vantage point that I normally had to manually search in the native iOS app, and I feel like even though there was a little learning curve, it’s going to save me so much time moving forward.
Developer Response ,
Thanks for awesome feedback! :) One thing to point out is that you can long tap + button to choose an option to add calendar events. I'll do my best to improve the app with continuous updates. Visit GoodTask forum for more. Thanks!
Exactly what I wanted
This app is exactly what I wanted: It builds on top of iOS Reminders, so you can still natively use Siri, but it also enables features like Due Date (which Apple has inexplicably removed from Reminders, even though the functionality is still there on the backend). And it integrates with Outlook, so you can manage both personal Reminders and work Tasks from a single app (since the Outlook iOS app doesn't allow you to manage your Tasks).
I've never written a review for an app before, but honestly my love for GoodTask 3 knows no bounds. A streamlined task management system is absolutely crucial for any professional in the modern age, and the integration of this app into my personal Getting Things Done system has dramatically improved my productivity. I have the Pro version, and it might be the best $5 I've ever spent.
Customizable and non-subscription
Integrates with iOS reminders (and therefore Siri), makes custom filtering of lists / smart lists easy to use based on priority, due date, tags, etc. Allows sub tasks if needed, has customizable ‘quick’ actions (easily delay due date or time, toggle through priority, add tags, etc). Repeated tasks can automatically repeat at specified intervals regardless of when the task is marked complete, or can be set to only repeat a certain interval after completion.
The help/how-to-use documentation is a little unclear - it needs a native English speaker to proofread it, and there are a few bugs with the non-default color themes, but these will hopefully be addressed in the future.
A big plus: buy it and have it - it’s not a forced subscription model. But if you *want* to support development, you can opt to buy a ‘support this app’s developer’ non-recurring subscription after purchasing the app.
- haha Interactive
- 65 MB
Requires iOS 12.0 or later. Compatible with iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch.
English, Dutch, French, German, Japanese, Korean, Polish, Portuguese, Russian, Simplified Chinese, Spanish, Ukrainian
- Age Rating
- Rated 4+
- © haha interactive, co
- In-App Purchases
- Unlock Everything $9.99
- GoodTask Supporter $9.99
- Support Once $9.99
With Family Sharing set up, up to six family members can use this app.