Whether you’re working with teammates on a project or planning a weekend activity with loved ones, Microsoft Teams helps bring people together so that they can get things done. It’s the only app that has chats, meetings, files, tasks, and calendars in one place—so you can easily connect with people and bring plans to life. Get family and friends together to manage tasks at home or plan a surprise birthday party. Work with teammates via secure meetings, document collaboration, and built-in cloud storage. You can do it all in Microsoft Teams.
Easily connect with anyone:
• Meet securely with teammates, family, and friends. Set up a video meeting within seconds and invite anyone by sharing a link or calendar invite.
• Chat 1-1 or in group chats with friends or colleagues. @mention people in chats to get their attention.
• Dedicated channels help create a focused workspace for important projects.
• Video call anyone directly in Teams or instantly convert a group chat to video call.
• GIFs, emojis, and message animations make it easier to express yourself when words aren’t enough.
Accomplish plans and projects together:
• Task lists allow you to stay on top of work projects or plans with family and friends. Assign tasks, set due dates, and cross off completed tasks to keep everyone on the same page.
• File sharing in chats makes it easier to coordinate on work assignments or personal projects.
• Cloud storage makes it easy to access shared documents and files on the go.
• Dashboard view neatly organizes all shared content—photos, files, tasks, links—so you don’t have to spend time looking for things*.
• Screenshare, whiteboard, or breakout in virtual rooms to get most out of your work meetings.
Designed to give you peace of mind:
• Securely collaborate with external partners for work assignments while maintaining control over your data.
• Store important information such as subscription passwords in a digital Safe*.
• Enterprise-level security and compliance you expect from Microsoft 365**.
*Available when using Microsoft Teams with your personal account.
**Commercial features of this app require a paid Microsoft 365 commercial subscription or a trial subscription of Microsoft Teams for work. If you’re not sure about your company’s subscription or the services you have access to, visit Office.com/Teams to learn more or contact your IT department.
By downloading Teams, you agree to the license (see aka.ms/eulateamsmobile) and privacy terms (see aka.ms/privacy). For support or feedback, email us at firstname.lastname@example.org. EU Contract Summary: aka.ms/EUContractSummary
Bug fixes and performance improvements
Ratings and Reviews
iPadOS 15 issues
After installing iPadOS 15 the Bluetooth to my AirPods is buggy. If i am in a meeting on TEAMS and decide to switch from my AirPods to my internal speaker, the AirPods (Bluetooth) will not reconnect to the meeting. I go into settings and they are paired/connected, i disconnect/reconnect and still nothing. The only way is to end the meeting and re-join so that my AirPods reconnect. I have been using my AirPods via TEAMS since the pandemic and they work great until this new update to iPadOS 15. Also the 2nd issue is when using TEAMS on my iPad in a group chat with my video on, the camera shuts off after i bring another app to use while in the chat. For example if i am in a meeting with my camera on and i want to reference an email or take notes, as soon as i drag any other app to initiate the multi-tasking/split screen feature the camera shuts off and cannot be turned unless i stop the multi-tasking feature. Using FaceTime and doing the same thing works great. I can be in a group chat and have the notes app running or pretty much any app that has the capability to multi-task and FaceTime works and camera stays on. This fix will greatly increase the capability of this app on an iPad. Please fix this issue. Thank you.
Teams preliminary evaluation (first week)
Praise: Internal integration of various technologies (Skype, Sharepoint, Outlook Calendar, etc.) and external connectivity with Office 365 constituents is seamless and functional. In particular, remote meetings capabilities, including chat, desktop share, audio, all work well within our corporate network. Also, client-based app and web-based app have essentially the same functionality and look-and-feel, which is definitely preferred. iPhone-based mobile app works well so far. Very good compliment to the main Teams usage on my corporate Microsoft Surface Pro.
Criticism: I was never a fan of the Sharepoint-based file presentation and interface. Windows Explorer in details mode using libraries, shortcuts, etc. is preferred for file management. Maybe Sharepoint file presentation is needed for tablet devices. I’m a longtime laptop point-click user.
Also, in meetings, it was not obvious how to re-display the control bar (enable mute, for example) once the control bar disappeared automatically. I learned how eventually, but guidance on such important items should be more prominent. I had to hunt for a solution.
Edit: support pages please. It randomly does and doesn’t work on the Same assignment and when it doesn’t work it says preparing file and never shows up. I had to use google docs as my middle man multiple times (took me really long to finally get something to work) You really need to fix this.
Edit: my teacher uploaded things in order and in my iPad it shows out of order and every time I attempt to play the video (the mp4 she posted in files) it has no audio and and I click on it and it sends me out
Edit: I went up a star because you guys are fixing up the app. Im still having problems with notifications. I sometimes don’t get them I guess it’s cuz I have the app open, but that’s seriously causing me problems. Ps I’ll give better rating if you support my browser ____________________________________ This app is not supported online on my browser. First of all you decided you weren’t going to support it. (Because you guys originally did until one day it just didn’t) Second of all now I have to download this app waste my space that im running out on. And yes by the way just in case you I’m overreacting I have used teams for two years now and it has had glitches all the time Are these really the same people with word, PowerPoint, Forza Horizon, Who literally own Minecraft? Doesn’t look like it.
Data Linked to You
The following data may be collected and linked to your identity:
- Contact Info
- User Content
- Usage Data
Privacy practices may vary, for example, based on the features you use or your age. Learn More
- Microsoft Corporation
- 268.8 MB
- Requires iOS 14.0 or later.
- Requires iPadOS 14.0 or later.
- iPod touch
- Requires iOS 14.0 or later.
English, Arabic, Bengali, Bulgarian, Catalan, Croatian, Czech, Danish, Dutch, Estonian, Filipino, Finnish, French, German, Greek, Gujarati, Hebrew, Hindi, Hungarian, Icelandic, Indonesian, Italian, Japanese, Kannada, Korean, Latvian, Lithuanian, Malayalam, Marathi, Norwegian Bokmål, Norwegian Nynorsk, Polish, Portuguese, Romanian, Russian, Serbian, Simplified Chinese, Slovak, Slovenian, Spanish, Swedish, Tamil, Telugu, Thai, Traditional Chinese, Turkish, Ukrainian, Vietnamese
- Age Rating
- This app may use your location even when it isn’t open, which can decrease battery life.
- © 2021 Microsoft Corporation. All rights reserved.
With Family Sharing set up, up to six family members can use this app.
Get things done within this app using just your voice.