!!! ON SALE !!! NOW 20% OFF !!!
Beatonal is an accessible music making app, enabling you to easily create and share your musical ideas using the built-in synthesizers and drum machine.
Create drum loops using pattern pads, and effortlessly sketch bass lines, chord progressions and melodies.
This app is free to try, but requires an in-app purchase to unlock all advanced features and project saving.
other features include:
- 4 audio channels: drum machine, bass, chords and lead
- Input is automatically fixed to a user selectable scale
- Contains demo tracks to get you started
- Analog synth with two oscillators, FM, AM and pitch modulation, lowpass filter, and various effects
- Contains 60 built-in synth presets, but you can also create and store your own presets
- Store tracks on your device
- User friendly track sharing via track-url's
- Export track as MIDI so you can continue your work inside other apps or a DAW
- Export track as wav
- Output realtime midi to other apps on multiple channels, or to an external device such as your DAW
- Small app size
- Load your own drumsamples through iTunes on your mac
- Synchronize with other music apps using Ableton Link
Ratings and Reviews
Massive WIN!!! Beatonal is Amazeballs 🤩🔈🎧🎶🎹🎤🥁🎼🎸👽
One of the best new semi-pro level apps (that some of the “pro” level apps could learn from) to hit the App Store in a LONG time! Just buy it! If you use midi, to export patterns into Gadget, Beat Hawk, Auria, Cubasis 2, etc you will be soooo glad you did. Yes it has some Figure like similarities -if Figure was made by a Tesla-esque selfless humanitarian focused on evolving the capabilities & joy of musicians first and everything else 2nd.
*** please update to add the ability to individually mute drum track parts. It would be helpful to focus in on tuning/timing parameters on a busy groove without having to manually dial all parts volumes down then back to right volume in the mix each time I want to adjust a bass drum,snare,to,hats,etc. parameters for sample,tuning,decay etc. KEEP UP THE GREAT WORK!!!
I agree with many that Beatonal is similar to Figure. But it has taken Figure's original beat making concept to a new level. It has landscape mode, 4 music tracks to work with, deeper editing of synthesis parameters, individual control over more drum sounds, effects, chords, scales, MIDI, Ableton Link, and on and on! Yes, the UI could be better and it could use pattern chaining/song mode among other things. But at the end of the day, it is an extremely useful music creation app that plays nicely with other apps. All the really cool things Beatonal does right out of the gate makes you want to support this developer!
Way better than i thought it was going to be
This is great fun and has huge potential. I own a lot of apps similar to this and most don't result in usable results so quickly. I should add I'm a long-time producer and usually play MIDI parts in with controllers or spend long hours meticulously painting drum hits in the piano roll on desktop DAWs. The difference is this is fun, musical and also *quick* to work with. Love it.
Dev, export as separate tracks and some more patterns would be very welcome. Cheers
- Luuk van der Graaff
- 8.4 MB
Requires iOS 8.0 or later. Compatible with iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch.
- Age Rating
- Rated 4+
- © 2017 Luuk van der Graaff
- In-App Purchases
- Pro License $2.99
With Family Sharing set up, up to six family members can use this app.