Customize Sony headphones with a linkage function for this app to your liking.
Everyday music becomes even more enjoyable with easy controls.
You can quickly connect to a smartphone by following a guide. You can easily start to use it even if it’s your first time.
• “Dashboard” for viewing and changing settings quickly
• Easy “Connection guide” for first time users
• "Ambient Sound Control" for changing noise cancellation and ambient sound mode settings easily.*1
• Customize the surround effect and equalizer function.*1
• "Adaptive Sound Control" that uses location information to detect your actions and locations you frequent, and automatically switches headphone settings such as how to take in the ambient sound.*1
• Direct access to the Help menu for your headphones and app
• Additional features, updates and important news will be notified via notifications
(In order to receive notifications, notification settings in your smartphone must be set to ‘on’)
• Personalization function*1 to enjoy 360 Reality Audio*2 with spacial sound field for you
*1 Limited to compatible devices.
*2 360 Reality Audio may not be available in all countries and regions.
Compatible Sony products:
Please visit the website below.
* Some features may not be supported by certain devices. Please visit the website below for details.
* Some functions and services may not be supported in certain regions/countries.
* Please make sure to update Sony | Headphones Connect to the latest version.
* Bluetooth® and its logos are trademarks owned by Bluetooth SIG, Inc., and their use by Sony Corporation is under license.
* Other system names, product names, and service names that appear in this app are either registered trademarks or trademarks of their respective development manufacturers. (TM) and ® are not indicated in the text.
Improved stability and performance.
Ratings and Reviews
Not as bad as ratings suggest
With a 1000XM2, I’ve had no big problems with the app. The interface is nice looking and easy to navigate, and I’ve encountered no crashing or bugs with the interface when it connects to my headphones.
However, I do have problems with the app failing to connect with my headphones all the time; sometimes it freezes on the connect screen, but restarting the app solves it 99% of the time. Although one time it didn’t connect even after a restart, turning the headphones off/on did solve this.
A problem I have with the app is that it has to connect every time you go go back to it, which is a 5 second process that is frustrating to sit through when you’re constantly going back to the app to adjust an EQ. This is slightly more frustrating when it not-uncommonly freezes on the connect screen and I have to restart the app. It would be great if the app stayed connected in the background for just a minute after you switch away from it.
The EQ function of the app is wonderful, but you are limited to six frequency sliders to adjust. If an update were to add more frequency sliders (maybe up to ten instead of six), it would make this app perfect.
Really Sony? Really?
I have been researching noise cancelling headphone for over a year now and and have been eyeing this ever since. The headphones, themselves, are fantastic. But the companion app was something I was very interested in as well since I am switching over from my Parrot Ziks and it had an app with some cool features as well.
I get these headphones last week and am taking a trip back home for the holidays. I was looking forward to using them on the airplane and playing around with the noise cancelling options that the APP provides. Sadly, I wake up last week to see my app has auto-updated and now I can’t even get into the dang thing. It’s been days. DAYS. I understand for some that this doesn’t sounds like a whole lot but when the app has been having bugs since it’s inception how is it that after being out for numerous years it is still bugging all the time?? The companion app is part of the selling point of these headphones and many other products by Sony. So needless to say when I bought my Bluetooth speaker last week I skipped all the Sony’s I was looking at and got the UE Wonderboom.
Long story short the headphones are great but the companion app is garbage half the time. After years of being out it shows 2 stars. Says something about the company and what their actual priorities are: To just sell products by creating false expectations with their user experience they boast so much about.
Unstable; I’m questioning my purchase
Update, Mar 31, 2020: I’m angry that Sony was the cause of my WF-1000XM3 constantly changing volumes, but I’m glad they finally fixed it. Took them the better part of a year. Really unprofessional.
Update: The new update makes it so that if you have one earphone set to use Alexa, when you take just that earphone out it completely disconnects both of them and you can never listen with just one. This is really frustrating because I like using Alexa but I also need to be able to only listen with one earphone frequently. Sony’s very poor support of these expensive earphones is degrading and disconcerting.
The support for the new WF-1000MX3 earphones has been bizarre. There’s apparently been a bug with the Google Assistant integration that Sony has been alternately releasing patches for and blaming Apple for.
However, the patches meant to address this issue have apparently introduced new stability and unreliability issues with my brand new, very expensive WF-1000MX3s. Sound skips a little, and often (1-10 times a day), this app either refuses to connect to them, or the settings don’t ‘take.’
This is an unbelievable failure from Sony. It really just seems like they don’t know what they’re doing at a fundamental level. I’m still within the returned period for these and am considering returning them and getting the new AirPod Pros, even though those have awful batteries and will undoubtedly sound worse.
Fix this, Sony.
Data Used to Track You
The following data may be used to track you across apps and websites owned by other companies:
Data Linked to You
The following data may be collected and linked to your identity:
- Contact Info
Data Not Linked to You
The following data may be collected but it is not linked to your identity:
- User Content
- Usage Data
Privacy practices may vary, for example, based on the features you use or your age. Learn More
- Sony Home Entertainment & Sound Products Inc.
- 197.1 MB
- Requires iOS 11.0 or later.
- iPod touch
- Requires iOS 11.0 or later.
English, Dutch, Finnish, French, German, Italian, Japanese, Korean, Portuguese, Russian, Simplified Chinese, Spanish, Swedish, Traditional Chinese, Turkish
- Age Rating
- This app may use your location even when it isn’t open, which can decrease battery life.
- © 2017, 2018, 2019, 2020, 2021 Sony Corporation
With Family Sharing set up, up to six family members can use this app.