RowingCoach, available also for the Apple Watch, allows you to track your rowing sessions, compare your workouts and see your overall progress – whether you train on land or on water.
== RowingCoach displays the following metrics:
• Your current and overall stroke rate (SPM)
• The distance covered
• Your current and overall pace
• Your pulse
• Your calories burned
== Use the app as suits you best:
• Track your session on the iPhone
• Only use your Apple Watch to record the training (and leave your iPhone onshore!)
• Use the iPhone as display for your Apple Watch recording. Very useful for indoor rowing.
== RowingCoach also offers these features:
• Use Siri to start and stop your workout
• Automatic Stroke detection
• Get notified after a certain distance covered, strokes reached or time passed
• Display your workout on a map
• Speed/pulse shown in color-coding
• Share your rowing track with iMessage
• Weather conditions are recorded for outdoor workouts
• iCloud synchronisation: Have your workouts on all your devices.
• Apple Health App integration
• Watch Complication: See your weekly progress at a glance
• Use Force Touch in the Watch app to quickly start and stop a workout
• Today Widget: See your weekly and monthly progress from the Today screen
• Add notes (to remember who was cox for example)
== Export and upload your workouts to other platforms:
• Upload to Strava
• Export to RowsAndAll
• Upload to MapMyFitness
• Upload to TrainingPeaks
• Upload to Concept2 Logbook
External bluetooth heart rate monitors are supported.
If you want to export your workouts via e-mail or want to record more than 3 workouts - you can get to a subscription right in the app.
• Support for iOS 14
• Add new widgets!
• Apple Watch Complications and Widgets now also show indoor rows
• Various bug fixes and improvements
Thank you for your feedbacks!
Ratings and ReviewsSee All
SPM seems off.
Sadly, my new FDF fluidrower doesn’t connect to anything, so this app was my answer to log workouts into Strava. The ability to manually edit distance for an indoor row is fantastic (still wont import the distance into Strava though. It just shows up as an “activity” with time and heart rate.”
I’ve noticed, however, that the SPM has been way off as of late. I’m moving deliberately and my Apple Watch is recording the row, but end of workout it said in 8,000 meters I took 579 strokes at 19spm... when in fact I was averaging 28spm (manually counted for two minutes even)... which is more like 840 strokes. 19 SPM would be PAINFULLY slow...
Is there a way to recalibrate the app on my watch? I’m not moving subtlety and the back & forth of indoor strokes should be an easy thing to keep accurate with the accelerometer.
Doesn’t save distance
I was under the impression that this app would save the estimated indoor rowing distance to my Activity app, but it didn’t. At the end of my test workout, the RowingCoach app on my Apple Watch showed 1.6 miles. Great! I thought. I saved the workout but, alas, only time and calories were saved ... distance wasn’t. I always try to achieve the monthly goals that my watch sets for me, and often these goals are based on achieving a certain number of miles. That’s why I wanted my estimated mileage recorded. I’ll have to go back to using the meter on my Waterrower, not wearing the watch while I’m rowing, and then manually recording time, calories and distance thru the Apple Health app. Alas this won’t be an accurate calorie count!
Developer Response ,
Hi, thank you for your review! I will include the distance estimate of indoor workouts when exporting to the Activity app in the next version.
If you have any further feature requests, please let me know at email@example.com
This is a comment and a question. I have an Apple Watch 3 and really like this app for both rowing and kayaking (surfski). My only issue is for long paddles it eats up my watch battery. Today I did a 3 hour training session and my battery was 13% when I was done. I turned off all other apps, turned off background refresh, dimmed the screen, and everything else I could think of . Any suggestions from the developer would be appreciated!
Lowering rating from 4 to 3 for two reasons. First I asked a simple question about battery life that was never answered. Second, the app randomly does not track and produce a map of my workout.
- Gunther Cronenberg
- 25.5 MB
- Health & Fitness
Requires iOS 12.4 and watchOS 4.3 or later. Compatible with iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch.
English, French, German
- Age Rating
- This app may use your location even when it isn't open, which can decrease battery life.
- © 2020 Cronenberg Technology e.U.
- In-App Purchases
- Unltd. recs & export (1 Year) $4.99
- Unltd. recs & export (1 Month) $0.99
- Unltd. recs & export (3 Months) $1.99
With Family Sharing set up, up to six family members can use this app.
Get things done within this app using just your voice.