Invest with any amount of money. Start with a free slice of stock.*
Public.com makes the stock market social.
Follow other investors, discover companies to believe in, invest with as little as $1.
JOIN THE COMMUNITY
• Follow friends, experienced investors, and famous entrepreneurs
• See what stocks others invest in and why
• Start a conversation and share business insights
• Earn free stock for bringing friends into the community
GROW AS AN INVESTOR
• Understand which stocks are potentially risky with Safety Labels
• Discover companies and ETFs through curated Themes
• Lock in long-term investments through a dedicated portfolio
• Ask questions in the community to broaden your knowledge of the market
INVEST WITH ANY AMOUNT OF MONEY
• Start investing with as little as $1; own small slices of stock or full shares
• No commission fees* when you invest in stocks and ETFs
• No account or deposit minimums to get started
• Choose from 1000s of stocks and ETFs, with new IPOs and SPACs added regularly
A TRANSPARENT INVESTING JOURNEY
• Public does not sell your trades to third-party market makers
• Public does not make money from Payment for Order Flow (PFOF)
PUBLIC.COM BY THE NUMBERS
• 86% of members say joining the community has improved their understanding of the stock market
• 74% of members say they are primarily long-term investors
• 93% of members say that Public’s community reflects a diverse representation across race, gender, and professional experience
• 45% of our community identifies as people of color
• 40% of our community identifies as women
PROFESSIONAL AND SECURE
• Live customer support via in-app chat or email. We built Public for you and we’re always here to help or listen.
• Your security is our #1 priority. Public.com uses advanced cybersecurity to protect your personal information.
• Public is a member of the Securities Investor Protection Corporation (SIPC). Securities in your account are protected up to $500,000.
• Public is a brokerage firm regulated by FINRA.
*Public is available to U.S. residents 18+ and is subject to account approval.
No content in the Public App shall be considered financial advice, a recommendation, or solicitation for the purchase or sale of securities or other investment products. All information and data from the Public App are for reference only.
Public has a no day-trading policy. It also upholds community guidelines which promote a safe and productive experience for its broad community of investors.
All investments involve risk, including potential loss of principal. Some factors, such as system response, liquidity, and account access times, are affected by external market factors. Investors should consider their objectives and risks carefully before investing.
Free trading refers to $0 commissions for Public self-directed individual cash brokerage accounts that trade U.S. listed securities via mobile devices.
Third-party information provided for Public Investing, product features, and communications emanating from its social media community, market prices, data and other information available through Public Investing are meant for informational purposes only and are not intended as an offer or solicitation for the purchase or sale of any financial instrument or as an official confirmation of any transaction. The information provided is not warranted as to completeness or accuracy and is subject to change without notice.
Public Investing is a wholly owned subsidiary of Public Holdings, Inc. For a complete explanation of disclosures, conditions, restriction and limitations, visit
If there was ever a day to start reading these, today's that day.
Crypto is now on Public.
Here's what's new:
- Once enabled, you'll be able to buy, sell, and hold crypto in the same app as your stock portfolio.
- Tap into Explore to find a specific crypto—or, just search 'crypto' to see everything we offer.
- Learn more about each crypto with Volatility Reminders and key background information, right in the app.
We're rolling out access in batches. Turn on notifications to find out when you're in.
Share the love by giving us a review on the App Store!
Ratings and Reviews
Must have for millennials
First off, I have never left a review before even though I’m glued to my phone all day. I downloaded the public app a few weeks ago. My account was not approved instantly (typo on my part, I found out later) and after a few days I emailed the support team and asked for help. They responded in like, an hour, gave me instructions to get trading, and was then approved right away.
Anyone under 40 with disposable income should, IMO, be investing directly investing in the market instead of relying on 401ks and other group plans. This app lays out all the info in a very intuitive fashion and within a week I was able to, with ZERO prior knowledge, navigate the app effectively, and the community of investors on the app are a fantastic source of investing advice.
This is not a day trading app and the various transactions can take time, but by keeping money in your account without spending it allows you to execute buy and sell orders quickly, though the money may take a few days to get back to your public account. I am usually able to make two transactions per stock, per week, which is more than enough to react to any big market changes. The fact that you can invest whatever amount you want is huge. Amazon’s stock at $2.5k may be too much, but Public allows you to purchase slices of stock in increments as low as $5.
I would HIGHLY recommend this to anyone with some extra cash and half a brain.
Developer Response ,
Hey Jtf199876! Thank you so much for your incredibly thoughtful review! It is so great to hear that you are loving the app! The entire team is thrilled to hear that the app has been helpful for your investing journey and that you are loving the community! We truly are so grateful for the awesome, growing community and are so happy to have you on the team! We would love to chat more with you, so please give us a shout in the app or via email at email@example.com. It mean's so much to us that you took the time to share this and we've always got your back! 💪 Happy investing 🤗
Investing + Social minus the WSB vibe
Great to have found an app that allows fractional share buying while also incorporating social media to the mix. It’s really neat to be able to follow fellow amateur investor friends, as well as actual investors! Really cool that Public has combined two things into one. Commenting allows for people to open conversations about their investment choices. I came from Robinhood, but after discovering the shadiness of their practices (Robinhood’s management ended up financing losses from another subsidiary that they also owned who was shorting GameStop)—it’s like, who is Robinhood really made for? ...The hedge funds is the answer. They sell your data to hedge funds so that the hedge funds know which stocks to short. So if you’re reading this, take those diamond hands to Public (or any other online brokerage really). Just remember to allow your stocks to settle for a few days on Robinhood before transferring out (every transfer is $75). If you don’t let your stocks settle, then you’ll have some stocks leftover even after the trade and you’ll end up having to transfer AGAIN and be out $150.
Developer Response ,
Hey! Thanks so much for your support and for joining Public!
good app but customer reps need improvement
I downloaded this app because of Graham Stephen. I enjoy the interactivity of the app as well as getting live updates and having all the stock news streamlined and easily available. I made the error of transferring my original brokerage to Public. I had emailed customer support to cancel the transfer but they replied saying it was too late and that the transfer had already cleared. I submitted a recall of my positions at least 2-3 times and all I got were replies that they would be contacting their clearing firm. Unfortunately it seems like they do not have clear communication with their clearing firm which is Apex. They kept telling me to contact my own brokerage to see if “my account was clear to receive the recall.” This kept up for at least 3-4 weeks and emailing them and only getting a reply it will be back in my account from 7-10 business days. My brokerage had not received any transfer request whatsoever. I ended up having to manually request a transfer from my original brokerage account as the Public team was no help and kept me in a loop around. I do not recommend you transfer all your accounts to this platform as customer service doesn’t have any idea of what goes on with their clearing firm. Use it with some money you have to play around but not your whole entire portfolio. They will keep your money hostage like other previous reviewers have said.
Developer Response ,
Hey there! Thank you so much for your candid feedback. We are sorry to hear that this has been your experience so far. We would love to look into this further, would you mind giving us a shout in the app's live chat or via email at firstname.lastname@example.org.
We have shared your feedback with the team and we are always striving to improve and really appreciate it whenever you have time to reach out and let us know how we're doing!
Data Linked to You
The following data may be collected and linked to your identity:
- Contact Info
- Usage Data
Privacy practices may vary, for example, based on the features you use or your age. Learn More
- Open to the Public Investing, Inc.
- 187.3 MB
- Requires iOS 12.0 or later.
- Requires iPadOS 12.0 or later.
- iPod touch
- Requires iOS 12.0 or later.
- Age Rating
- © 2021 Public Holdings, Inc.
With Family Sharing set up, up to six family members can use this app.