PassDrop 2.0 is an updated build of Rudis Muiznieks's PassDrop for modern iOS devices.
PassDrop is a fully-featured secure password management system, compatible with the free [KeePass 1.x (Classic)](http://keepass.info/) and multi-platform [KeePassX](http://www.keepassx.org/) desktop applications. PassDrop uses the free [Dropbox](http://www.dropbox.com) storage service for hassle-free synchronization of your password databases between your iPhone, Windows, macOS, and Linux computers.
- Strong emphasis on clean, simple, intuitive user interface
- Load, create, and edit multiple KeePass 1.x databases in your Dropbox account
- Open KeePass 1.x databases with any file extension
- Fully integrated two-way syncing to Dropbox, with collision detection
- Lock file utilization when opening databases in edit mode
- Offline read access to databases when no network is available
- View, create, move, sort, and edit all groups and entries nested to any level
- Password generator to automatically create random strong passwords for entries
- Entry search capabilities at global and group-specific levels
- Copy logins, passwords, URLs, or notes to your clipboard
- Automatically open URLs in Safari while PassDrop remains open in the background
- Optionally clear clipboard whenever PassDrop is re-activated
- "Lock in background" option to auto-lock your database after a customizable amount of time
- Hide "Backup" group results when searching entries
- Encrypted HTTPS communication directly with the official Dropbox API for maximum security
## Commonly Requested Missing Features
- File attachment viewing and sharing
- Option to visually mark or hide expired entries
- Add files from other apps via file sharing
- Ability to unlink Dropbox and keep local databases
- Key file authentication
- Better UTF16/international character support
- KeePass 2.x database support
- KeePass 2.x is not an improved version of KeePass 1.x, but rather an entirely new product with completely unrelated file formats. Both KeePass 1.x and 2.x are actively developed and maintained and are viable password storage solutions. I chose to support KeePass 1.x with PassDrop due to the higher portability and multi-platform support for the KeePass 1.x file format.
- Twofish encryption
This app has been updated by Apple to use the latest Apple signing certificate.
- Fixed crash when rotating password view on iPad
Ratings and Reviews
This very helpful product allows for the organization of passwords into categories and sub-categories, the creation of entries for passwords and to assign them icons, urls, descriptions and notes. It comes with many features that are not even available in "paid" products. It has been stable for the past 6 years I have used this product.
I set my rating to 3 stars, as this only works with dropbox who have changed their policy to limit the number of connections unless you pay. Since I already pay for other data cloud services, it would be extremely helpful if you could select from one of these as well, such as Google Drive, OneDrive or iCloud. It would also be really awesome if it would allow for more icons, perhaps from what the iOS provides (the icon issue is only a little thing, not really needed, but would be nice).
Other than that, great app, thanks!
It's worked fine a few weeks ago but now I can't edit my info.
I like it. I wanted it. I'm happy.
Thank you! Chad Austin, for creating this app for iOS 11 compatibility. I have used KeePass and PassDrop for years. I did not want to change my password app or pc software. I was dreading iOS 11 just because the PassDrop app would no longer be functional. I just downloaded it today so I haven't really had time to notice any issues. It seemed to sync just fine to my existing database in Dropbox and I haven't noticed any missing data yet. Only thing I can't find is a way to donate to express my gratitude. So you get this review :)
The developer, Chad Austin, has not provided details about its privacy practices and handling of data to Apple.
No Details Provided
The developer will be required to provide privacy details when they submit their next app update.
- Chad Austin
- 64.8 MB
- Requires iOS 9.0 or later.
- Requires iPadOS 9.0 or later.
- iPod touch
- Requires iOS 9.0 or later.
- Requires macOS 11 or later and a Mac with Apple M1 chip.
- Age Rating
- © 2015 Rudis Muiznieks
With Family Sharing set up, up to six family members can use this app.