PassDrop 2.0 is an updated build of Rudis Muiznieks's PassDrop for modern iOS devices.
PassDrop is a fully-featured secure password management system, compatible with the free [KeePass 1.x (Classic)](http://keepass.info/) and multi-platform [KeePassX](http://www.keepassx.org/) desktop applications. PassDrop uses the free [Dropbox](http://www.dropbox.com) storage service for hassle-free synchronization of your password databases between your iPhone, Windows, macOS, and Linux computers.
- Strong emphasis on clean, simple, intuitive user interface
- Load, create, and edit multiple KeePass 1.x databases in your Dropbox account
- Open KeePass 1.x databases with any file extension
- Fully integrated two-way syncing to Dropbox, with collision detection
- Lock file utilization when opening databases in edit mode
- Offline read access to databases when no network is available
- View, create, move, sort, and edit all groups and entries nested to any level
- Password generator to automatically create random strong passwords for entries
- Entry search capabilities at global and group-specific levels
- Copy logins, passwords, URLs, or notes to your clipboard
- Automatically open URLs in Safari while PassDrop remains open in the background
- Optionally clear clipboard whenever PassDrop is re-activated
- "Lock in background" option to auto-lock your database after a customizable amount of time
- Hide "Backup" group results when searching entries
- Encrypted HTTPS communication directly with the official Dropbox API for maximum security
## Commonly Requested Missing Features
- File attachment viewing and sharing
- Option to visually mark or hide expired entries
- Add files from other apps via file sharing
- Ability to unlink Dropbox and keep local databases
- Key file authentication
- Better UTF16/international character support
- KeePass 2.x database support
- KeePass 2.x is not an improved version of KeePass 1.x, but rather an entirely new product with completely unrelated file formats. Both KeePass 1.x and 2.x are actively developed and maintained and are viable password storage solutions. I chose to support KeePass 1.x with PassDrop due to the higher portability and multi-platform support for the KeePass 1.x file format.
- Twofish encryption
- Fixed crash when rotating password view on iPad
Ratings and ReviewsSee All
This very helpful product allows for the organization of passwords into categories and sub-categories, the creation of entries for passwords and to assign them icons, urls, descriptions and notes. It comes with many features that are not even available in "paid" products. With the exception of the recent DropBox v1-Retired access error, it has never crashed or experienced a technical problem within the 4 years I have been using this product.
I changed my previous review and rating from a 4 to a 2 star application, because although DropBox's access has been restored, it no longer synchronizes. It would also be really awesome if it would allow for more icons (that is only a little thing, not really needed, but would be nice).
Please, please, please restore the sync feature! Thanks.
I like it. I wanted it. I'm happy.
Thank you! Chad Austin, for creating this app for iOS 11 compatibility. I have used KeePass and PassDrop for years. I did not want to change my password app or pc software. I was dreading iOS 11 just because the PassDrop app would no longer be functional. I just downloaded it today so I haven't really had time to notice any issues. It seemed to sync just fine to my existing database in Dropbox and I haven't noticed any missing data yet. Only thing I can't find is a way to donate to express my gratitude. So you get this review :)
Thanks Chad for creating an updated version of this indispenable app!
I highly recommend this app to EVERYONE in this age of identity theft and computer hacking.
I started using KeePass about 12 years ago on my pc after my bank account got hacked. Then discovered PassDrop for my iPhone, which works seamlessly with KeePass and syncs through DropBox. Recently I had been getting messages when opening the app on my phone, saying the developer needed to update, or the app would stop working...
Enter Chad Austin! Now we have PassDrop 2 and it works great! Very happy:)
Just one question Chad...How do you organize and move folders/files to different locations? Is it something I can do on my phone, or is it done somehow on my pc? In either case I don't have a clue how to go about it.
Thanks again Chad! :)
With Family Sharing set up, up to six family members can use this app.