Evolution shall go on: the cult sci-fi hit now has the long-awaited sequel! The history that reveals the Universe of Utopia from a new point of view awaits you.
The second episode still boasts the unique atmosphere of the Evolution that won over millions of players. The gameplay also underwent a revolutionary change: Evolution 2 is an explosive mix of top-down third-party shooter, action, strategy and RPG!
Get ready for the breathtaking storyline with unexpected twists!
The story unfolds on Planet Utopia. It was once a galaxy resort for billionaires. And now it is pure hell full of ruthless looters, monsters and fighting robots. A merciless war of all against all is raging here.
You will be immersed in the world of never-ending battles where you will use the mightiest weapons and the psi-force - the power of the main character of the game, Captain Blake. He got his superpowers as a result of a dangerous experiment, and he is prepared to use them to destroy any opponent of your choice.
- Original sci-fi setting. Space shooter, post-apocalypse and biopunk on a distant planet.
- Unique balance of genres. A mix of strategy, RPG and action top-down shooter with the original battle system.
- Tactical gameplay. Level up your character and their partner, select the most effective weapons and use the weaknesses of your enemy to your advantage.
- Thrilling PvE campaign. A multitude of missions and epic bosses. The enemy becomes stronger with every battle.
- Cooperative mode. Call on the help of faithful allies and complete the missions shoulder to shoulder with other players.
- Synchronous online fights. Battle in full online multiplayer. Fight your way to the top of the rankings and earn unique bonuses for victories.
- Arsenal of the future. Fantastic weapons with unique features and level-up system! You will get to have fun not only with good old firearms, but also with energy, acid and bionic guns.
- Grow the base: open new rooms and learn more about the technology of the future. Evolution has no limits!
- Interactive arenas and realistic 3D animation will help you fully immerse yourself in the game!
Your base is ready - you can start the battle. It is time to deal with this Utopia, Captain!
Captains, meet the latest version's updates:
- Tournaments – a new regular PvP event in which you need to attack enemy bases.
- By participating in the Tournaments, you can get modifications for your helicopter and missile defense, as well as new acid weapons: Chimera Assault Rifle and Chimera Sniper Rifle!
- A new side mission;
- Lots of other updates, improvements and fixes!
Ratings and Reviews
Would be 5 stars with a little adjustment
While I appreciate the option to have unlimited energy for $6 a month (which is crazy cheap, given the other things you get for it), I don't appreciate that it is practically a must to play this game at all. Without it, you get to play 7 stages/matches before waiting for about 9 hours for the energy to refill.
Gameplay wise, it's fine early on. Rather grindy, which is to be expected, and easily solved with the aforementioned $6. But again, it makes the purchase a must, so 4 stars it is.
One step forward, Two steps back...
Sorry about the title but it fits a little too well. I played the first Evolution title extensively and must say I was excited when I saw this. The new combat system was a little jarring, the energy system is a massive annoyance, and the new research system makes me feel like I’ll never catch up to what the game suggests I have.
None of this compares to the complete downgrade in the story. Oh, It’s still there, to some degree and makes a number of fun little references to the previous game, but the utter lack of individualized locations with their own scenic views, along with a butchering of the writing is disappointing. I’m already less interested in the story because I already know most of it. It relies far too heavily on the previous game’s story. In fact, much of it is following in the footsteps of the previous commander.
So what innovations they’ve made to the game are good, but too much has been taken away, scaled back, or revamped until it no longer resembles what made the original Evolution such a gem. On its own it’s great. If you’re new to this series I’m sure you’ll enjoy it, bar the energy system of course. If you’ve played the original... it’s a mediocre revamping at best.
Great game but the energy system ruins it
Gotta say this game does a lot of things right- the hit-boxes for sniping are precise, the progression feels rewarding when you can ACTUALLY PROGRESS, it has only gotten slightly more grindy over time, but still maintains a solid graphics style and potentially interesting story.
That being said, the energy, or lack thereof is a MAJOR detractor. What’s the point of having a great game if you barely get to play 7 missions, then have to wait 9 hours so you can play again?? How am I supposed to continually be intrigued by a storyline if I can barely play through it?? How am I supposed to feel as though I, the player, am in control and progressing when an invisible energy gauge constantly stops the action and enjoyment and demands $6 a month to play the game?
I’d rather move on to other games than feel like I’m strung out waiting for the next hit, because a game maker thought they could pull a fast one like the big companies of subscription based AAA-gaming. This isn’t even close to the level of content to merit that kind of financial investment. Eliminate the hidden energy system, or provide a way to get more energy- I’m sure you can find a way to monetize that without taking people’s hard-earned money.
In-App PurchasesSee All
- My.com B.V.
- 751.2 MB
Requires iOS 9.0 or later. Compatible with iPhone 5s, iPhone 6, iPhone 6 Plus, iPhone 6S, iPhone 6S Plus, iPhone SE, iPhone 7, iPhone 7 Plus, iPhone 8, iPhone 8 Plus, iPhone X, iPhone XS, iPhone XS Max, iPhone XR, iPad Air, iPad Air Wi-Fi + Cellular, iPad mini 2, iPad mini 2 Wi-Fi + Cellular, iPad Air 2, iPad Air 2 Wi-Fi + Cellular, iPad mini 3, iPad mini 3 Wi-Fi + Cellular, iPad mini 4, iPad mini 4 Wi-Fi + Cellular, 12.9-inch iPad Pro, 12.9-inch iPad Pro Wi-Fi + Cellular, iPad Pro (9.7‑inch), iPad Pro (9.7-inch) Wi‑Fi + Cellular, iPad (5th generation), iPad (5th generation) Wi‑Fi + Cellular, iPad Pro (12.9‑inch) (2nd generation), iPad Pro (12.9‑inch) (2nd generation) Wi‑Fi + Cellular, iPad Pro (10.5‑inch), iPad Pro (10.5-inch) Wi‑Fi + Cellular, iPad (6th generation), iPad Wi-Fi + Cellular (6th generation), iPad Pro (11-inch), iPad Pro (11-inch) Wi-Fi + Cellular, iPad Pro (12.9-inch), iPad Pro (12.9-inch) Wi‑Fi + Cellular, iPad mini (5th generation), iPad mini (5th generation) Wi-Fi + Cellular, iPad Air (3rd generation), iPad Air (3rd generation) Wi-Fi + Cellular, iPod touch (6th generation), and iPod touch (7th generation).
English, Chinese, French, German, Italian, Japanese, Korean, Portuguese, Russian, Turkish
- Age Rating
- Rated 12+ for the following:
- Infrequent/Mild Realistic Violence
- Frequent/Intense Cartoon or Fantasy Violence
- Copyright © 2013-2019 MY.COM
- In-App Purchases
- 770 gems $4.99
- 550 gems $4.99
- Premium 30 days $5.99
Challenge friends and check leaderboards and achievements.
With Family Sharing set up, up to six family members can use this app.