Free update installable on Apple Silicon Mac
If you have already purchased this App on your iOS device, you can install it on your Apple Silicon Mac for free.
Kronecker is an AUv3-compatible synthesizer with a rhythm machine-like mechanism that repeatedly plays a note each time a keyboard key is pressed.
# Synthesizer Engine
In addition to synchronizing the trigger speed to the tempo, you can gradually increase the speed or slow it down after pressing the key. This makes it possible to produce synthesizer sounds like bouncing balls and clockwork toys.
Kronecker has four emitters that emit sound particles made from FM tones and noise. At the emitter you can specify at what timing the sound particles will be triggered. You can also add effects such as the pitch and tone of particles gradually changing.
Particles emitted by the emitter can be processed with two resonators, and you can reproduce sounds like particles jumping on strings and pipes.
# Universal App
This product is compatible with iPad, iPhone, and Apple Silicon Mac.
Please note that it is not compatible with Macs with Intel CPUs.
# Audio Unit Extensions (AUv3)
This product supports only AUv3 plug-in format. You can use this AUv3 Plug-In in a host application that supports AUv3.
- Note that depending on the parameter settings, loud sound may be produced.
- This product can be installed on iPad, iPhone, and Mac computers with Apple silicon (M1, M2). It is an iPad and iPhone app that can run on Mac computers with Apple silicon. It cannot be installed on Mac computers with Intel CPUs.
- This product supports only AUv3 plug-in format. Other plug-in formats are not supported. It can be used with AUv3-compatible DAWs.
- This product is not suitable for the purpose of accurately reproducing the sound of acoustic instruments or other synthesizers. It has been developed with a focus on creating the sound of this synthesizer itself.
- This product does not support MPE (MIDI Polyphonic Expression).
- This product mainly contains basic presets that are useful as a starting point for sound creation. Please note that there are no huge amount of presets. Enjoy making sounds.
# More information
More information, videos and manuals are available at: https://icegear.net
- Improved live automation recording to AUv3 Host app.
- Other small fixes and improvements.
Ratings and Reviews
Very cool synth combining granular and physical modeling in an interesting way. The sounds do have a kind of same-ness that reflects the architecture, but there are many interesting variations that can be coaxed out of it. I see this as a very specialized product — great to see something new and different. The Laplace synth by the same dev is also excellent.
This is an interesting synth, but I find the controls much too difficult to operate. There are so many, and they are tiny in size - easy to miss or hit another - or have the iPad miss the swipe.
Most sounds appear to be quite similiar - one would def have to dip into the controls to tune a givn patch to be really different - no so easy to do! Tried for a refund - but Apple says "not elegible'!
A lost $8 I guess... :-(
Most powerful iceGear synth besides Cassini?
While it’s not for analog style sounds and leads, this is basically Mersenne on steroids! You can layer four FM pairs, and each operator pair has its own rhythmic beat!
Data Not Collected
The developer does not collect any data from this app.
Privacy practices may vary, for example, based on the features you use or your age. Learn More
- iceWorks, Inc.
- 9.4 MB
- Requires iOS 12.0 or later.
- Requires iPadOS 12.0 or later.
- iPod touch
- Requires iOS 12.0 or later.
- Requires macOS 11.0 or later and a Mac with Apple M1 chip or later.
- Age Rating
- © iceGear
Up to six family members can use this app with Family Sharing enabled.