Lovecraft’s Untold Stories is an action rogue-lite with RPG elements. You explore randomly generated levels based on the H.P. Lovecraft stories, fighting cultists and all kinds of monsters from the Mythos, improving your weapons and gear, solving puzzles and challenges, and looking for clues and knowledge to defeat the Great Old Ones and the Outer Gods.
LIVE H.P. LOVECRAFT’S STORIES
Lovecraft’s Untold Stories is based on H.P. Lovecraft’s stories. You will experience first-hand the cosmic horror created by the genius of Providence. Every character will go through an investigation that will take them through different locations, from the creepy old Victorian mansion to the abandoned hospital where forbidden experiments take place or the jungle where lost tribes celebrate forgotten rituals, just to name a few. Levels are randomly generated: it will be a different experience every time you play. Also, they vary depending on the character you’re playing with. Look for items and clues to unlock secrets and new stories.
5 CHARACTERS, 5 WAYS OF FIGHTING THE MYTHOS
You can play as 5 different characters, each with a different playstyle and storyline. A private detective, a witch, a thief, a professor, and even a ghoul—each with different stats, weapons, and combat moves, creating five entirely different gameplay experiences. The Detective offers a balanced playstyle, with average Health and Stamina. The Professor is a specialist in ranged combat, with less Health and a special shield granted by his weapon, the Tillinghast. The Witch does a lot of damage, has teleport abilities and elemental shields of fire and ice, but also a very low Health. The Thief is a specialist in melée combat that takes advantage of its stealth to maximize her damage. The ghoul does a lot of melée damage, has a high Health and regenerates itself, but can’t use medkits at all.
* Fight hundreds of different monsters from the Cthulhu Mythos in this intense action roguelite
Explore Lovecraft’s stories: every character has a storyline that crosses randomly generated levels set in different locations from Lovecraft’s stories, such as the hospital, the jungle, or the port city just to name a few
* Face the Great Old Ones: Great Cthulhu, Nyarlathotep, Dagon, Shub-Niggurath, and Azathoth await you in special levels
* Investigate thoroughly: explore every corner to find secret levels and knowledge about the Great Old Ones
* Learn about the Mythos to fight them: to have a chance at fighting the Great Old Ones you need to acquire knowledge about them or their mere presence will drive you insane
* Madness awaits: in the course of your adventures you will have to make some decisions, and taking the wrong ones will shake your sanity. If it gets too low, you will start losing your mind – and if you go mad you will take your own life to escape the horror
* Pick your hero: Choose between 5 different characters, the detective, the thief, the professor, the witch, and the ghoul
* Different playstyles: every investigator has a different combat style and skills, but levels also vary depending on who you’re playing them with – so the gameplay experience is totally different
* Collect and improve weapons, items, and artefacts. Each character has a set of weapons and items, and there are hundreds of other items you can find and use!
* Look for clues and special items to unlock secrets and new stories
We have uploaded the new version 1.321. In it, we have fixed several bugs, and we have improved the balance of the Professor, as he seemed to be the most problematic character of all five:
We have fixed an issue with a text in German appearing on the description of the first level, for players playing in English.
We have fixed the issue on which the weapons didn´t work when you dragged them from the inventory of the Storage to the player's inventory.
We have fixed the issue that slowed down the inventory of the Strange place when it contained a lot of items.
We have fixed a problem with the minimap.
We have fixed an issue with several mini-events which didn´t count for the achievements.
We have fixed the issue that didn´t let you access to the Secret level when you restarted the Strange place location.
Professor: We have increased the damage of the weapons (not the basic one).
Professor: We have increased the damage of the mines.
As always, thanks a lot for your support! Please, send us your comments, opinions, ideas... We will be happy to read them!
Ratings and ReviewsSee All
I killed myself. It was awesome!
I saw my own skeleton and turned my shotgun on myself. What the hell?! Didn’t see that coming.
Just a sample of what’s in store when playing this game. Simple enough, but you’re probably going to be your own worst enemy and die from your own errors or insane choices. Either way, you’ll probably die. Or not.
They give you enough medical supplies to help you keep from bleeding out, so maybe you’ll have a long run and get to meet the Old Ones. And then die.
I’m only on Chapter 2, but so far am loving it. Atmospheric, enough secrets and Lovecraft lore to stay intriguing. It is pulling me away from my other games I said I wouldn’t get distracted from until they were finished.
I recommend this game.
Great aesthetics and world building, but...
I’m a veteran Wayward Souls player and I can’t beat the Professor’s prologue, even after trying for hours on easy difficulty. The buttons are small enough to miss in the heat of battle, it’s easy to aim in the wrong direction, and overall the controls do not feel precise. One little mistake and I’m swarmed by enemies. Wish the controls were more like Wayward Souls. Or could you at least make the buttons bigger? Or add a balance update for the Professor? Hope you fix this so that I can once again enjoy the game.
UPDATE: Thank you for the response. I did not know about the custom controls, and it significantly helps to be able to make the joysticks bigger. Now I can keep going, but Easy difficulty is still no joke!
Developer Response ,
Do you try to set up controls and it positions in the game settings? its possible to increase control zones and button positions as you wish in there. Maybe it helps.
Please patch control over saves is needed
I love this game but I get frustrated over the lack of control over savings. I can spend an hour sweeping everything clean, go to the yellow inventory box (without going to the safe place) and then if I need to leave, I just restart as if I would had done no progress at all in the level. If I go to the next level inside the chapter (IE green mines) but need to leave to the safe place I go back to the beginning of the previous chapter with blank state! Please save me hours of gameplay or just let me have them for fun and not be it of frustration. The lack of saving control is truly ruining gameplay. Please add a patch to give us save control.
Thank you so much.
Developer Response ,
Hello. The save system works fine, and no patch is needed. This is how the save system works:
1) The game auto-saves your position after 5 new rooms explored and cleaned of enemies. (You will see the icon of a disk on the top left side of the screen when that happens)
2) The game saves when you find the Yellow save box.
3) The game saves when you complete a level
4) The game saves every time that you visit The Strange Place
5) The game NEVER saves in sublevels, for example the Green Fire cave that you mention, is a sub-level. Also the laboratory in the Hospital is another example of sub-level.
No Details Provided
The developer will be required to provide privacy details when they submit their next app update.
- Bliny Games OOO
- 1.7 GB
- Requires iOS 10.0 or later.
- Requires iPadOS 10.0 or later.
- iPod touch
- Requires iOS 10.0 or later.
- Age Rating
- 12+ Infrequent/Mild Horror/Fear Themes Frequent/Intense Cartoon or Fantasy Violence
- © 2019 by LLC Blini Games, Balkanskiy 3 (Astra), office 2. Saint Petersburg, Russia. Lovecraft’s Untold Stories, LLC Blini Games and their respective logos are trademarks of LLC Blini Games.
Challenge friends and check leaderboards and achievements.
With Family Sharing set up, up to six family members can use this app.