Awesome Breathing is a simple, elegant tool to guide and visualize your breathing. Use it every day to help with meditation, sleep, stress, anxiety, or to simply bring a few moments of calm or mindfulness to your day.
• Clean, simple interface allows for uncluttered and calming breathing experience
• Fully customizable inhale, exhale, and (optional) breath hold durations
• Choose from included programs such as Box Breathing, Relaxing Breathing, Equal Breathing, and Measured Breathing
• Sessions can be free-form (no duration) or timed duration (up to 30 minutes)
• Optional pre-session countdown timer allows for a few moments to “settle in” before your session begins
• Choose from several pacer color themes
• Optional guided vocal cues signal when to inhale, exhale, and hold so breathing can be done without looking at your device
• Bells can be enabled to signal the beginning and end of your sessions
Box Breathing (4-4-4-4)
Also known as Navy SEAL or tactical breathing, this is a surprisingly simple and effective way to help regain calm and control of your thoughts when under stress. Inhale for 4, hold for 4, exhale for 4, hold for 4. All through your nose.
Relaxing Breathing (4-7-8)
Have trouble falling asleep? Try this 4-7-8 technique. Inhale for 4 through your nose, hold for 7, exhale for 8 out your mouth.
Equal Breathing (4-4)
A pranayama practice called Sama Vritti, this breath can help take your mind off the racing thoughts or whatever might be distracting you. Inhale for 4, exhale for 4. All through your nose. (Try a 6 or 8 count, once you feel comfortable.)
Measured Breathing (4-1-7)
A handy stress-reducing practice that can be done anywhere, anytime. Inhale for 4, hold for 1, exhale for 7. All through your nose.
We hope Awesome Breathing helps you reach your goals, and look forward to being a part of your journey. We are just getting started, so would love to hear your reviews and feedback!
Thanks for using Awesome Breathing! In this update we've added several user requested features:
• Improved pacer settings! More granular control over inhale/exhale/hold durations
• New alternate breath pacer color themes
• Settings screen now shows breaths per minute based on chosen inhale/exhale/hold times
• New option to prevent screen from auto sleeping (which was stopping audio from playing while app was in use)
Your reviews and feedback are really important to us! Please keep them coming as we continue improving our app.
Enjoy, and don't forget to breathe!
Ratings and Reviews
Simple, easy, helpful.
Simple, easy, helpful. It’s amazing how being directed lowers the bar to practice!
Suggestions to author (though complexity might ruin this gem):
1. reference known breathing regimen or protocols (e.g., box breathing, BOLD test ala oxygen advantage)
2. Tactile input to manually indicate breathing
3. Automatic input to indicate successful compliance to protocol (and/or correlate to other data streams, e.g., HRV, O2 sensor, etc)
Developer Response ,
Thanks for the feedback and kind words! We'll keep them in mind as we continue to make improvements to the app!
I love the simplicity of the app. The visual is nice except for the second accent color - unnecessary, would love if it were eliminated. Also would prefer to be able to have color options. Honestly grey is best or a muted color in my option, the current electric colors are too stimulating. Options would be ideal. There’s another breathing app i like that is a sphere that gets larger and smaller and it’s all grey scale which I love, but this app has the major benefit of all the other settings including setting specific times for inhales, holds and exhales. Fantastic. If the color could change and the second accent color removed it would be PERFECT
Developer Response ,
We've got some good news - you can now select from several alternative color themes, including a dark/muted theme as you requested! Please let us know what you think and we'd appreciate it if you feel our app is now 5-star worthy!
Love this pacer. Simplicity rocks!!
With Family Sharing set up, up to six family members can use this app.