In an alternate reality in 1920s Europa, it's been several years since the ""Great War"", but the ashes of the conflict are still hot and the war is entering a new phase. The first conflict saw the emergence of some incredible engines of war known as Mechs. Built by ""The Factory"", an independent city-state which has since become the object of everyone's desire, these technological monstrosities roam the snowy landscapes of Europa. Be the hero of one of the five factions – Saxony Empire, Crimean Khanate, Rusviet Union, Polania Republic or Nordic Kingdom – and become the richest and most powerful nation in all of Europa during these dark times! To assure the victory of your people, you will need to explore and conquer new territories, enlist new recruits and deploy your forces by building formidable and terrifying combat Mechs. Replay history in a fictional past full of mechanical engines and technology, where each choice you make will be critical. Choose your battles with care, because in Scythe, victory is achieved with and for the people!
- Asymmetry: every player starts the game with different resources (energy, coins, keen combat sense, popularity…), a different starting location and a secret objective. The starting positions are specifically set to contribute to the uniqueness of every faction and the asymmetrical nature of the game.
- Strategy: Scythe offers players almost complete control over their fate. The only elements of chance apart from each player's individual secrete objective card are the Encounter cards, which players draw to interact with the citizens of newly explored lands. Combat is also handled by way of choice; no luck or chance is involved.
- Engine Building: Players can improve their construction abilities to become more efficient, build structures that improve their position on the map, enlist new recruits into their faction, activate mechs to dissuade opponents from invading and expand their borders to reap greater types and quantities of resources. This aspect creates a feeling of energy and progression over the course of the entire game. The order in which players get to develop their economy and technologies adds to the unique feel of every game, even when playing as the same faction several times.
• Official adaptation of the award-winning board game
• 4X strategy game (eXplore, eXpand, eXploit and eXterminate)
• Customize the mat to sharpen your strategy
• Choose a specialty for unique games: Agriculturalist, Industrialist, Engineer, Patriot or Mechanic.
• Fight alone against an AI, face your friends in Hotseat or face opponents from all over the world in Online Mode
• Check out artistic genius Jakub Rozalski's retro-futuristic illustrations!
Discover new challenges with the Invaders from Afar expansion!
While empires rise and fall in Eastern Europa, the rest of the world takes notice, and covets the secrets of the Factory. Two distant factions, Albion and Togawa, send out their emissaries to scout the land and plan their best strategy for conquest. They will all lead their mechs to war, but who will come out victorious?
- Play as one of the two new redoubtable factions, Clan Albion and The Togawa Shogunate, and use their mechs with their unique abilities
- Two new player mats: Militant and Innovative
- Now up to 7 players!
Please note that Scythe: Digital Edition app requires a device with a minimum of 2GB Ram
This version introduces a new timeout feature where a player has 3 minutes to exit a Play & Stay game’s loading screen to “actually” load into the game.
- Fix for the “Your TUrn” gong sound not playing during the first player’s very first round
- Fix for some DLC-exclusive achievements being possible to unlock despite now owning the DLC
- Fix for the “product not found” popup spawning when the user tried to buy the IFA DLC
- Fix for the game sometimes crashing during online play
Ratings and Reviews
A great game, a good digital version
The game is fantastic and the digital version handles a lot of the things that are especially confusing for new players when they begin, which is great.
It's often difficult to tell what your opponent is doing during their turn and to know exactly what happened, however, and the randomizer… isn't especially random, tending to assign the same factions and mats in a row with only minor variations.
Some way of fixing the former would be great, but the latter makes it difficult to fully explore the game without making random choices outside of the game proper.
Released finished game EDIT: Nevermind I’m dumb
You can’t use “2 move” action on the same unit (character or worker). Turn 1 of game 1 and I can’t move my character 2 spaces to pick up encounter. If this very basic action is wrong who knows what else is wrong. Please refund money or fix game. Pretty sad for $8 game.
Edit: I followed the digital in game rules link and under top row move it says to move 2 different (italicized) units. I thought that was a change in a newer edition or something because we’ve played Scythe for years without noticing you couldn’t use both move actions on same unit. I opened my physical rule book and there is was. Two different units. Now I’m questioning everything I thought I knew about everything as I may have just worm holed into a parallel universe where the only difference is you can’t move the same character twice in scythe.
Good conversion to digital with 2 major problems
This is a great conversion of a very complicated board game, however 2 glaring issues keep it from being 5 stars.
1. The incessant Asmodee account pop-ups are infuriating. Especially when I normally only play offline against the CPU. It’s even more annoying to get the pop-ups in airplane mode on a flight.
2. There is no undo mid-turn. Sometimes I accidentally tap on something to clear/open a window, I tap instead of drag or in some cases, I would like to see what move is possible; but either way, I have to finish the turn, wait for all the CPU turns, pretend I didn’t see what they did and then hit undo. Let’s get a better undo for a game with so many options
3. Smaller problem, but the way to check opponents’ game mats is glitchy/broken for me on iPad.
Data Not Linked to You
The following data may be collected but it is not linked to your identity:
- Contact Info
- User Content
- Usage Data
Privacy practices may vary, for example, based on the features you use or your age. Learn More
- Asmodee Digital
- 502.1 MB
- Requires iOS 13.0 or later.
- Requires iPadOS 13.0 or later.
- iPod touch
- Requires iOS 13.0 or later.
- Requires macOS 11.0 or later and a Mac with Apple M1 chip or later.
English, Arabic, Dutch, French, German, Italian, Japanese, Korean, Polish, Russian, Simplified Chinese, Spanish, Traditional Chinese, Turkish
- Age Rating
- 9+ Infrequent/Mild Cartoon or Fantasy Violence
- © Asmodee Digital 2020. Scythe™ is a trademark of Stonemaier LLC. All rights reserved. Scythe: Digital Edition developed by Knights of Unity.
- In-App Purchases
- Invaders From Afar $3.99