Virtual production-ready facial animation in real time from your iPhone -- Live Link Face for UnrealEngine.
Stream high-quality facial expressions to characters and visualize them with live rendering in UnrealEngine. Record facial tracking data that can be further fine-tuned in animation tools to achieve a finalperformance and assembled in Unreal Engine’s Sequencer. Shoot professional-grade performance capture with an integrated stage workflow.
Facial animation via front-camera and ARKit:
● Stream out the data live to an Unreal Engine instance via Live Link over a network.
● Drive a 3D preview mesh, optionally overlaid over the video reference on the phone.
● Record the raw facial animation data and front-facing video reference footage.
Timecode support for multi-device synchronization:
● Select from the iPhone system clock, an NTP server, or use a Tentacle Sync to connect with a master clock on stage.
● Video reference is frame accurate with embedded timecode for editorial.
Control Live Link Face remotely with OSC:
● Trigger recording externally so actors can focus on their performances.
● Capture slate names and take numbers consistently.
● Extract data automatically for archival.
Browse and manage the captured library of takes within Live Link Face:
● Delete takes, share via AirDrop.
● Play back the reference video on the phone.
• Added support for Left/Right Eye Yaw/Pitch/Roll.
• Added optional warning message when recording at less than 60 FPS.
• Improved handling of dropped frames in reference videos.
• Improved timecode reliability with NTP and Tentacle Sync.
Ratings and Reviews
Incredibly useful app for animation! Just one thing I think needs to be in the next update. A way to set facial readings to neutral while my face is in the neutral resting position. Live link thinks my mouth is slightly open when it is in fact completely closed. The work around is not terribly grueling so it’s not a show stopper. Besides that, this app is an absolute must for both new and experienced character animators!
Hard to believe
Amazing you can do this with an iphone
I am posting a big report here because I don’t know where else to add it.
The app is NOT working foe live data streaming over osc. However it successfully streams data to Unreal engine. I tested using an osc monitor app and it does not stream any of the Mocap data or at least it cannot be accessed. I compared with Face Cap ios app and can confirm that streams mocap data with no problems. Please fix.
No Details Provided
The developer will be required to provide privacy details when they submit their next app update.
- Epic Games International, S.a.r.l.
- 7.2 MB
- Graphics & Design
- Requires iOS 13.0 or later.
- iPod touch
- Requires iOS 13.0 or later.
- Requires macOS 11.0 or later and a Mac with Apple M1 chip.
English, Japanese, Korean, Simplified Chinese
- Age Rating
- © 2020 Epic Games, Inc.
With Family Sharing set up, up to six family members can use this app.