It's time to bring order and more productivity into your life. This app doesn't just pointlessly collect your tasks so you can forget about them. With Planny you collect tasks in different lists to plan them intelligently and also plan ahead. Planny combines your tasks with your calendar. In addition, there is a short daily briefing with a subsequent planner, in order to take over tasks for the current day from further suggestions. Everything is rounded off with productivity statistics to motivate you.
Planny was designed with privacy in mind.
Planny, of course, offers all the important features of a task app in its premium version:
- Multiple lists (including an inbox), with custom icons and colors.
- Tags for filtering
- Time and location based reminders
- Calendar view
- Other views: Upcoming, Pinned, Overdue
- Calendar based activity view
- Productivity statistics
- Daily briefing
- Cloud sync across all devices
- Calendar integration
- Smart reminders
- ... many more
+++ Planny Premium - Unlock all features and use Planny on iPhone, iPad and Apple Watch, Apple TV and Mac - And get free feature updates over time! +++
A Planny Premium subscription unlocks all features. Note that iCloud features require an iCloud-Account.
Terms and conditions: https://kevinreutter.de/terms-and-conditions
Planny 5 started a new Era of Planny. This huge update continues this evolution and provides many features that the community waited for.
Tasks can now have priorities to show up earlier in your lists
• Date detection for tasks
If you type a task like "Print documents tomorrow at 10" Planny automaticall suggests adding a reminder for tomorrow at 10.
• Plan ahead view
Drag and drop your tasks to plan ahead in your lists, inbox and overdue section
• Prompts to plan ahead if your lists are too complex.
• Redesigned daily assistant
• Daily briefing includes daily events
• Return of the "lightbulb"
• Markdown for notes
You can now use some markup features to apply headlines, bold texts and more
• Arrow navigation buttons for date switching in calendar on iPhone and iPad
• New symbols for lists
• Settings have descriptions for unclear functions
• Routines now support lists and tags
• Tasks now show images inline
• Activities now feature counters for completed, planned and delayed tasks
• Tags can be reorderd now
• Calendar doesn’t reset current date when adding tasks any longer
• Edit subtasks (requires iOS 14.5/macOS 11.3)
• Updated UI for tags in tag selection views
• Updated UI for lists in list selection views
• Location reminders UI doesn’t stutter any longer.
• Replaced „Day“ with „Date“ in context menu
• Added context menu actions for increasing or lowering priority
• When assigning a list, tapping "Done" is not longer required
• Favorites can now be set up on macOS
• Redesigned settings on macOS
• Settings Menu on macOS got more features
• Titles for days in calendar are now shown correctly
• Upcoming section now features weekday names
Ratings and Reviews
Great App but Some Features Are Missing
I believe this to be a great organization app with its simple design and seamless flows between screens. But I believe there are a few things that are missing.
1. I think the app should have natural language to be able to just type and the task can then add the date and time. This could also auto add the task to the calendar for view.
2. I think that in the list section. For example when making a list like groceries. You should be able add different things without having to add a fruit then hit return on the keypad to have to hit the add button again to add another item to the list. I believe when hitting return it should add the item that has already been typed into that field to add to the list and instantly you can add the next item to that list. This would make the process a lot more seamless as well as add more utility to the list section when adding items.
Outside of that this app is very light and operates smoothly. Can’t wait to see what feature the dev have planned for this yr. I’m looking forward to signing up for the lifetime family plan to have my family work with a simple and effect app that just works.
Developer Response ,
1) That Feature is planned for a future update of Planny 4.
2) Good point. There might be some changes in the future.
I see potential
I'm rating it one stars at the moment because it is buggy on the mac and iphone.
everytime I try to add a task to a day that is not the current day, it adds it then instantly puts me back on the current day.
(to make it clear) It put's the task on the day you want it but then it moves your UI back to the current day.
I find that annoying because I want to add a subtask to the that task, so I have to go back to the day I added the task click add subtask.
Then when I add the subtask to the task it does the same thing if it is not on the current day. You can't name the subtask if its is not on the current day, it will leave the name blank. Can't even edit the blank name.
The only time you can add the name to the subtask is if you add a subtask to a task that is in the current day.
To Sum it up: Things that need to be fix: dont automatically go back to current day after I add a task or a sub task. When it needs to add the name of the subtask to the name I put it on
I also tried it on the iphone I got similar results too,
Also please add edit feature on the subtask, I could have sworn I edit a subtask once already but I had no success on doing it again (unless this was a bug)
I hope these things get address soon, because the app looks like it would be a nice app.
I'm normally not a person who writes reviews but I will be more then happy to change my review once these problems get fix.
Developer Response ,
Hi again. All of your reported issues are resolved ;)
Does not sync reminders
Great independent reminders app. However I was slightly mislead by the iCloud sync. This will just keep all devices synced that run the app. I use Microsoft at work and need a reminders app that will sync to iOS reminders so that I can also see those reminders. $35 donation. Maybe this will be added in the future or if we could set as default reminders app perhaps that would work.
Developer Response ,
Thank you for the feedback! That's actually on the list for future updates :)
Data Not Linked to You
The following data may be collected but it is not linked to your identity:
- Usage Data
Privacy practices may vary, for example, based on the features you use or your age. Learn More
- Kevin Reutter
- 13.1 MB
- Requires iOS 14.0 or later.
- Requires iPadOS 14.0 or later.
- iPod touch
- Requires iOS 14.0 or later.
- Requires macOS 11.0 or later.
- Apple TV
- Requires tvOS 14.0 or later.
English, French, German, Italian, Russian, Simplified Chinese, Spanish, Turkish
- Age Rating
- © 2017 - 2021 Kevin Reutter
- In-App Purchases
- Premium - Annual $14.99
- Premium 3 Months $5.99
- Premium 3 Months $2.99
With Family Sharing set up, up to six family members can use this app.