Rise is devoted to every aspect of making bread! It includes great recipes, makes planning & scheduling easy, and serves as a baking journal. Rise syncs across all of your iPhone and iPad devices and supports sharing recipes and photos with others.
Rise has everything you need to bake bread for both beginners and experts alike. Beginners can use our easy to follow recipes and articles, while experts can use Rise’s powerful editing tools (baker’s percentages, hydration, scaling, and more) to perfect their bread.
Rise helps you plan your recipe with a schedule overview from start to finish, so you know exactly when you'll perform each step at a glance. Schedule notifications alert you when it's time to complete each task. Rise even takes the guesswork out of fermentation by dynamically calculating bulk rise and proof times using your dough's temperature and ingredients.
• Comes with fully tested sourdough recipes for both beginners and advanced bakers.
• Easily customize any recipe before making by adjusting weight, hydration, and yield.
CREATE YOUR OWN RECIPES
• Add your own recipes to Rise using its intuitive card-based interface.
• Ingredients can be adjusted by total weight, yield, or baker’s percentages.
• “Magic Hydration” keeps total weight and all other baker’s percentages the same while adjusting hydration.
• Each step card can have any number of tasks, timers, and other useful widgets.
SCHEDULING & MAKING
• Rise makes following a recipe’s schedule a breeze, and even handles multi-day recipes.
• The Overview screen shows a recipe’s entire schedule from start to finish.
• Get reminder notifications when it’s time to move to the next step or task, or when a timer is up.
• Use Magic Rise Time widgets to schedule the bulk and proof phases automatically, based on the temperature and ingredients of your dough. For proofing, you can even decide to refrigerate overnight.
• The schedule is flexible, so you can finish a step early, back up a step, or add more time if needed.
• The My Rises tab gives you a thorough history of your sourdough adventure, with each item representing one single baking experience (a loaf, crust, etc).
• Each rise has a Journal section for you to add notes and observations about each bake.
• Take photos of your process and the final product for sharing or browsing later.
• Share any rise or recipe you’ve made with others! Just turn on Sharing to get a short URL that you can share with friends or post online.
• The shared web page shows your ingredients, method, and photos, so you can share entire recipes with anyone! Others can import your recipe into Rise right from the same page.
Rise includes helpful articles and references for things like sourdough starter care, folding & shaping techniques, gear to get you started, and more.
Rise comes with some helpful utilities, including:
• Starter Feed Reminders: Get notified when it’s time to feed your starter.
• Rise Times: Calculate ideal rise times based on temperature, starter percentage, hydration, and salt content.
• Hydration: Calculate hydration (both baker’s and “true”) along with baker’s percentages for all ingredients.
• Desired Dough Temperature: We include both the traditional formula and our own custom formula which is 12x more accurate.
• Unit Converter: Convert between weight and volume for common ingredient types.
• Rise Factor: Represents how much your bread rose while baking using a single number. Noting the rise factor for each loaf is a great way to track your improvement.
Seamlessly sync across all your iPad & iPhone devices, including when making!
FREE & PAID OPTIONS
Rise is free with limited access to recipes and features. Unlock all recipes and features by subscribing (with a two week free trial), or with a one-time purchase if you prefer not to subscribe!
- Recipe importing! You can now import recipes directly from a text file or the clipboard.
- Ingredients references in recipe steps weren't updating after changing from the ingredients card
Ratings and Reviews
Best App I Own!
As a data nerd and sourdough aficionada, I can confidently say that Rise is my favorite app. I recommend it to all of my friends who are interested in sourdough - it’s approachable enough that a beginner can use it to make an impressive loaf, but for me, the real value lies in its utility for those more serious sourdough hobbyists among us. I love the different features within Rise, from calculating my water temperature, to the rise time calculators, to the “rise factor.” With Rise, I have learned more about all the little things that make my loaves tick, and I’ve had the tools to experiment and learn more. I love making my own rises and then continuing to tweak those recipes based on what I learn. The app makes it easy to track your progress throughout a bake, and in turn makes it easy to go back and make little changes to study their effect. I have greatly increased the quality and consistency of my loaves with this app. I cannot recommend it enough!!
Perfect sourdough companion
This is a great app. It’s thoughtfully designed and you can really tell that its creators bring a lot of passion to the subject matter. I’ve made a few attempts at the sourdough hobby in the past and Rise is making this current go the one that sticks (much like a 80% hydration dough). The simple utility of having dynamic timers and instructions makes such a difference over static recipes. If you’re just getting into sourdough this app is your best friend.
I’m sure the devs have a feature list a mile long but one thing that would be really cool would be a way to share or view “community recipes.” You see this sort of thing on workout apps a bit and I think the possibilities of opening up their system to create a robust library of user or expert generated recipes could be game changing.
Anyway keep up the great work and thank you for building this!
Invaluable app for bread making
I have been using this app for two years and have found it has increased my skills and creativity. It already comes with fantastic recipes, but now I make my own recipes all the time, tweaking ingredients, timing, hydration percentage, autolyse times, starter percentage, and recipe size. The bulk fermentation calculator helps me predict when I need to be around to pre-shape. Even if I start a recipe on my iPad, I receive recipe timing updates on my iPhone.
As a result of using this app, I feel that I have become more confident in my bread making. Over time, it has been getting more powerful and useful with addition of new features. This app is invaluable to me and I recommend it to all of my friends.
Data Not Linked to You
The following data may be collected but it is not linked to your identity:
- Usage Data
Privacy practices may vary, for example, based on the features you use or your age. Learn More
- Made by Windmill, LLC
- 33.9 MB
- Food & Drink
- Requires iOS 14.0 or later.
- Requires iPadOS 14.0 or later.
- iPod touch
- Requires iOS 14.0 or later.
- Requires macOS 11.0 or later and a Mac with Apple M1 chip or later.
- Age Rating
- © 2022 Made by Windmill, LLC. All rights reserved.
- In-App Purchases
- Monthly Subscription $1.99
- Yearly Subscription $9.99
- One time purchase $19.99
Some in‑app purchases, including subscriptions, may be shareable with your family group when Family Sharing is enabled.