Mockup - Sketch UI & UX 4+
Sketch your next project
Apprime Studio sarl
- Offers In-App Purchases
Mockup is the ideal companion to your design workflow with the fresh approach it takes when it comes to UI & UX sketching on iOS. It is the perfect app to brainstorm and blueprint your next app or web design. Whether you want to ideate, sketch an entire process, or collaborate with a team, Mockup is the app for you.
Mockup offers more than 45 device templates in two orientations, allowing you to easily visualize your ideas within the intended frames.
Mockup’s an intuitive design app packed with simple, clear, yet powerful and constructive features to help facilitate the sketching process offering:
- Flexible canvas and abundant frames.
- Drawing Tools picker to bring you spot-on UI & UX designs forward.
- Mockup’s Library with default elements. You can create your own elements, save, and reuse them in your sketches. You can publish elements or import them from Mockup’s Community website.
- Image insertion, which allows you to browse through your files and import photos, screenshots, and visuals into your projects.
- Text insertion for neatly incorporating your notes and sketch details.
- Drag & drop text or images directly into the canvas from any app.
- Over 4000 symbols from Apple's SF Symbols library have been added to bring your sketches to the next level.
- Mockup’s Lasso tool to move, resize, group & ungroup elements, and more for seamless control over your elements.
-Mockup allows you to reorganize and arrange elements using the Bring Forward, Bring to Front, Send Backward, and Send to Back options.
- With Pasteboard support, you have the ability to cut or copy any selection and paste it anywhere in the canvas or even copy text and image objects to other apps. Additionally, you can paste text, images, or drawings copied from other apps inside the canvas.
- Mockup’s customizable grid to lay out your elements featuring lines, dots, or no grid, with 5 spacing options and separate opacity controls.
- Export your sketches in high quality as PDF or PNG. Sharable Mockup files are also available.
- Organize projects & sketches with ease by grouping sketches into projects or creating projects within projects.
- It is applicable to open multiple windows and work on multiple sketches.
Utilizing quick actions enables you to duplicate a sketch across multiple frames, switch two frames for faster sketching, hide a frame to create more space or add notes, clear a frame, or export a frame.
The canvas starts with one frame and expands horizontally or vertically as you scroll or by using the frames menu found in the toolbar.
Mockup grants a seamless experience with SharePlay. You can show your work, brainstorm, share concepts, and even sketch with your colleagues or clients, starting directly from the app, with your avatar displayed next to any changes you make.
Mockup is iCloud-enabled. All of your sketches and projects are synced and accessible across your devices.
Create unlimited projects and sketches for free. Unlock the premium features with one of our paid plans.
Premium features include access to: Unlock All Templates (15 Free/ 49 Total), Exclusive Elements (76 elements), Export Options (Remove watermark, enable PNG export), Shape Detection, Use Symbols (4000+ customizable symbols), Create Nested Projects, Create Unlimited Element Sets.
This minor update contains bug fixes.
Greetings Mockup users!
We are thrilled to announce a pioneering update with grand features designed to vastly enhance your UI and UX design process and redefine your sketching experience.
- Mockup introduces Bring Forward, Bring to Front, Send Backward, and Send to Back options, enabling the reorganization and arrangement of objects like elements, text, images, and symbols. For strokes, being front by default, you can use the Send to Back option to move them to the back of the drawing.
- Mockup brings in Pasteboard Support. Cut or copy any selection and paste it anywhere in the canvas or even copy text and image objects to other apps. Additionally, you can paste text, images, or drawings copied from other apps inside the canvas.
- Mockup allows you to convert drawings to objects that you can then easily arrange and manage.
- A new TV template has been added owing to the high requests from all of you, and finally providing you with the means to sketch UI for TV apps.
- Publish your created elements directly to the Mockup community from the app. By sharing created elements, you get to access and use elements created by other users, while also allowing them to benefit from yours.
- More Toolbar Items have been added for iPad and Mac, allowing you to customize your toolbar and add new items.
- The Text & Symbols size slider has been improved to make it easier to choose small sizes.
- The SF Symbols picker opens instantly and shows the selected color. Additionally, the SF Symbols rendering picker now displays previews of the selected symbol, and the weight picker for symbols has been enhanced.
- The experience for guidelines and selection handles has been improved, as has the look and feel of the lasso selection.
- The visibility of the color palette selection indicator has been enhanced.
- There are two updated icons - one for the View sidebar and one for Mockup Community.
- Bug fixes as well as the overall sketching experience are enhanced.
These changes are sure to create an improved experience for you and make it easier than ever to create and design projects. We hope you enjoy the update!
We value your feedback. A review can make our day!
Ratings and Reviews
This is the best app for UX designers, UI designers, PMs, small business owners, etc.
I have tried Procreate, Invision Freehand, (will try Figma Whiteboard which was in beta last I saw months ago), and others but it is always something: no Apple Pencil support, buggy / laggy, only works if using the parent SaaS, dev abandoned the project, no structure like projects, folders, linked canvases, or a combination of these.
There is nothing like this app for iPad plus it has a Mac App and iPhone app. Buy it, support the dev(s).
Mr. Hassan Kassel,
I sense there is huge potential to market this to UX designers, LO-FI tool for UI designers, and as a general "must have" for anyone interested in mocking up a design fluidly and quickly with projects, folders, and prebuilt canvases.
I’ve subscribed to support development but I truly fear that you will stop developing this project eventually pushing out updates every so often throughout the year until it is abandoned due to not enough revenue or the rise of another passion project, if you will.
Please let me know if we can collaborate and I can plug this app into my University where I am a student with tons of other students and teachers at an international scale.
Secondly, I’m a program instructor for my platform, and this is something I’d love to highlight in my courses.
I’ll do my best to support if I with your commitment. Please let me know and I can email you.
Developer Response ,
First off, we want to thank you for this review!! We're very pleased that your experience with Mockup has been top notch. More so, thank you for this support and for taking a moment to recommend us to others!
So far we're committed to our app and we have long term vision to its course and its purpose. But we'd be happy to converse. You can reach us over firstname.lastname@example.org .
There are plenty of great sketching apps out there but Mockup has earned its place as my go-to for UX ideation. It’s simple and fast because it does away with all the unnecessary clutter - just what I need for putting early design concepts together.
A couple of small thoughts (none of them dealbreakers):
- sync can sometimes still be a bit off when using across multiple devices
- three finger swipe down to hide canvases is way too hard to get right. Perhaps consider changing the gesture or allowing gestures to be user configured (and/or add an option to contextual menu)
- wish there was an easy way (a mode?) to move canvases around. Sometimes I get deep into a project and realize I need to reorganize things a bit
- drag to the edge to create new canvases is handy, but actually I wish when I dragged to the edge I just saw a bunch of ‘+’ buttons so I can create only specific canvases (ie creates a row/column but other canvases are hidden). Note this might not be a big deal if it was easier to hide canvases
- elements library is great but it should allow me to drag and position things before releasing them on canvas. Also I think it would feel more natural to position objects by center point instead of top left
- might want to consider reusing the existing selection tool to define elements rather than using a second selection tool just for elements which is rectangular only
Keep up the great work Hasan!
Developer Response ,
Thank you very much for your review! Really glad to hear that.
Some of them are already planned for future updates like sync, and gestures.
Few others can’t be implemented now due to system limitations (like using the same selection tool for elements).
I have to experiment to see what’s possible with the rest. Really useful notes, thank you again!
Copy and paste would be good so that you can copy from one file to another. Why? Because sometimes - or all of the time - you don't want to be redrawing an app and recreating things every time you have a new project for the same application. The elements feature looks like it is meant to solve this removal of copy/paste BUT the catch is that once you add an "element" that you've created from another file, you cannot edit it at all - no option to delete or iterate the element for your new use case. This is a huge pain point.
Anothe note: How does one move the toolbar on the left hand side? I've had friends try to do it as well, so I know that it's not just me...
Something else that would be great would be great is adjustable phone screens - lengthwise. Pages don't end at the bottom of the physical phone. I have been using the blank canvas for nearly every project due to this issue of fixed phone templates.
I like that you've added resizing of items...that definitely helps A LOT!
I don't want to criticize constantly but I think from a UX standpoint, it's really important to create a good basic MVP...you were on the right track but it feels liks features and "community" have taken over and a lot of basics are being overlooked. How can the workflow be easy and seamless? This is a sketching tool - from my perspecitive - and it was Almost perfect before recent updates. It seems like it's trying to get too big and be something more.
Developer Response ,
Thank you for this detailed and candid review!! It is highly considered.
Regarding the tool picker's position as well as the color palette's : turn on the option found in "view preferences", on the sidebar, to place them on the right.
We'd like to bring to your attention that the elements can be edited, but first they must be "ungrouped."
With respect to the copy/paste option you mentioned and suggested in your review, we'll take that into consideration and add it to our agenda.
Data Linked to You
The following data may be collected and linked to your identity:
- Usage Data
Privacy practices may vary, for example, based on the features you use or your age. Learn More
- Apprime Studio sarl
- 20.4 MB
- Graphics & Design
- Requires iOS 14.0 or later.
- Requires iPadOS 14.0 or later.
- iPod touch
- Requires iOS 14.0 or later.
- Requires macOS 12.0 or later.
- Age Rating
- © 2022 Apprime Studio sarl
- In-App Purchases
- Mockup Studio Yearly $24.99
- Mockup Studio Monthly $4.99
- Mockup Studio Lifetime $99.99