Just Run: Zero to 5K (+10K) 4+
Run 5K in 9 weeks, from zero!
- Offers In-App Purchases
Just Run is a simple workout app to help you get running. I made this app to get myself off the couch and start running to get to 5K. Stick to the workout plan, and you'll be able to run 5K in 9 weeks. It really does work!
If you're already able to run 5K, Just Run also has a 6-week plan to help you get up to 10K!
- Zero to 5K: Gets you from absolute zero running experience to 5K in just 9 weeks, with three 30-minute workouts per week
- 5K to 10K: If you can already run 5K, or have finished Zero to 5K, this plan gets you to 10K in only 6 weeks
- Target dates for each workout, calculated based on your progress, and optimal exercise days
- Choose from multiple trainer voices, which tell you exactly when to run and walk
- No ads! Ads are no fun, so Just Run has no ads!
- Works with music, audiobook and podcast apps - Just Run will briefly lower the volume of the other app when prompting you to run and walk, so you'll never miss a prompt
- Runs in the background. Turn off your screen, or switch to another app, and you'll still hear the run and walk prompts
- Upgrade to Premium to get more trainer voices, multiple theme options, and to support continued development of Just Run
I'd love to hear how you're getting on with Just Run. You can email me at email@example.com.
Hi all! I've added a few new features in this update:
- A new post-workout summary shows how long the workout was, and how long you ran for
- The app timer is now more efficient, and should use less battery during your workout
For Premium users, there are also some new theme-related updates:
- Changing app theme now also changes the colour of the app icon!
- Added new colour theme, Performance Purple
Ratings and Reviews
Came here from C25K
I came here after finding out C25K started charging a subscription. I am getting back into running again and the app used to be free. This app is simple, to the point, and a great running companion. Because it’s completely free it’s better than C25K. I went ahead and bought the premium to support the developer. Offering extra features that are not necessary but cool to have or a fun upgrade is the way to go. This model makes people want to support an app that they love when they can. This is the same type of model for my favorite phone game Shop Titians uses. I don’t have to spend money and can play the entire game and not loose out at all. I pay for the subscription and an occasional mega pack because I love the game and find value in it. However, sometimes I have to cancel the subscription, but that does not affect gameplay at all. There are also no ads. The game advertises its own products like this app does. I can see this app growing a large and loving health oriented community as long as it sticks to a model something like this. I love what the the developer is doing here! I will be recommending this app!
I used a different app for 5K training a few different times over the years. I started the program over again only to find out there was now a payment required on a subscription model. I am glad I found this app to continue my training. I didn’t even mind paying the optional premium upgrade for a $2.99 flat fee as I felt that was a fair and reasonable price. I am happy to support developers who should be compensated for their work, but I didn’t like the “gotcha” tactic used on the other app. I highly recommend this one if you’re looking for a great app for your running training!
Great app, but one issue
This app is free to use and has no ads! It’s perfect and rare!! Please never change!! My only complaint is sometimes I forget to reopen the app after I finish a run, then hours later I’ll open the app to see it reset itself to the beginning of my run for that day, so I have to let it run through in the background, and make sure I’m there when it’s over to properly end it, so the schedule will stay on track and all my previous days will be marked as complete. It actually just happened to me for the second time right now that’s why I’m writing this review. It mainly just annoys me because it only happens when I’m tryna go to bed, and this time I was too late and it threw off my schedule by a day.
Developer Response ,
Thanks for letting me know about this issue, I hadn't come across it before. I think I know what might be causing it, so I'll try to get it fixed in an update in the next few weeks. In the mean time, if it happens again, you don't need to re-run the workout in the background to make sure the target dates are correct. You can do your next workout as normal two or three days later, and the target dates will update automatically once you do this. The app will show the previous workout as "Skipped" due to the issue you mentioned, but the target dates will be correct. - Gary
Data Not Collected
The developer does not collect any data from this app.
Privacy practices may vary, for example, based on the features you use or your age. Learn More
- Syncostyle Ltd
- 5.1 MB
- Health & Fitness
- Requires iOS 13.0 or later.
- iPod touch
- Requires iOS 13.0 or later.
- Age Rating
- © Jupli 2022
- In-App Purchases
- Premium $2.99
Some in‑app purchases, including subscriptions, may be shareable with your family group when Family Sharing is enabled.