ibis Paint X is a popular and versatile drawing app downloaded more than 280 million times in total as a series, which provides over 15000 brushes, over 15000 materials, over 1300 fonts, 80 filters, 46 screentones, 27 blending modes, recording drawing processes, stroke stabilization feature, various ruler features such as radial line rulers or symmetry rulers, and clipping mask features.
Many tutorial videos on ibis Paint are uploaded to our YouTube channel.
- A Highly functional and professional features surpassing that of desktop drawing apps.
- Smooth and comfortable drawing experience realized by OpenGL technology.
- Recording your drawing process as a video.
- SNS feature where you can learn drawing techniques from other users' drawing process videos.
*Feedback from users
We receive many good reputations from users.
- I could have never assumed that I can draw such a beautiful drawings on smartphones!
- Easiest to use among all drawing apps!
- I have learned how to draw digital drawings without Mac or PC!
ibis Paint has high functionality as a drawing app along with features of sharing drawing processes with other users.
- Smooth drawing at up to 120 fps.
- Over 15000 kinds of brushes including dip pens, felt tip pens, digital pens, air brushes, fan brushes, flat brushes, pencils, oil brushes, charcoal brushes, crayons and stamps.
- Various brush parameters such as starting/ending thickness, starting/ending opacity, and initial/final brush angle.
- Quick sliders that allow you to quickly adjust brush thickness and opacity.
- Real time brush previews.
- You can add layers as many as you need with no limit.
- Layer parameters that can be set to each layers individually such as layer opacity, alpha blending, adding, subtracting, and multiplying.
- A handy clipping feature for clipping images, etc.
- Various layer commands such as layer duplication, import from the photo library, horizontal inversion, vertical inversion, layer rotation, layer moving, and zooming in/out.
- A feature for setting layer names to distinguish different layers.
- Advanced text tool function featuring Vertical, Horizontal, Stroke, Font select, and Multiple text functions.
*About ibis Paint purchase plan
The following purchase plans are available for ibis Paint:
- ibis Paint X (free version)
- ibis Paint (paid version)
- Remove Ads Add-on
- Prime Membership (Monthly plan / Yearly plan)
There is no difference in features other than the presence or absence of advertisements for the paid version and the free version.
If you purchase the Remove Ads Add-on, the ads will not be displayed and there will be no difference from the paid version of ibis Paint.
In order to use more advanced functions, the following Prime Membership (Monthly plan / Yearly plan) contracts are required.
A prime member can use the prime features. You can try it free for the one-month at the time of the first purchase. A prime member can use the following features and services
- 20GB of cloud storage capacity
- Prime Materials
- Prime Canvas Papers
- Prime Fonts
- Tone Curve filter
- Gradation Map filter
- Levels Adjustment filter
- Replace Color filter
- Clouds filter
- Reordering artworks in My Gallery
- No advertisements displayed
* After you become a prime member with the first one-month free trial, if you do not cancel your “Prime Membership” at least 24 hours before the last day of the free trial, your “Prime Membership” will be automatically renewed and you will be charged for the automatic renewal.
* We will add premium features in future, please look out for them.
*Questions and support
Questions and bug reports in reviews will not be responded to, so please contact ibis Paint support.
*ibisPaint's terms of service
Thank you for using ibis Paint X!
The summary of this update is as follows.
[Fixed Bugs and Problems]
- Fixed a bug in Relief filter that caused the area around the relief to become unnaturally transparent.
- Fixed a problem in which the part outside the selection disappears on some devices when a filter such as Gaussian Blur is used with a selection.
- Fixed a bug that could cause a crash in rare cases when editing is completed.
- Fixed a bug in which a filter in the "Adjust Color" category could be applied to the wrong area when there is a selection.
- Fixed a bug that the canvas may become abnormally slow when manipulating it during "Translate Scale" in the Move Transform tool.
- Faster Liquify Pen.
- Fixed a bug that could cause the artwork file to be in a strange state if the app crashes when using a brush or special pen with "Separate Each Stroke" disabled.
- Added the ability to reset text parameters in the event of a crash when adding text.
- Fixed a bug that may cause a crash if the OK button of the error alert is pressed when an error occurs during editing due to insufficient memory.
- Fixed a bug that drawing with "Separate Each Stroke" OFF may not be displayed in the reduced image in the Layer window.
[New Features in ver.10.0.0]
- Changed maximum canvas size from 4096px to 16384px. (On some devices it may be smaller than this.)
- Support for 600 dpi on A4 paper. (On some devices it may not be supported due to hardware limitations.)
- Added the ability to display the guidelines of the manga manuscript paper on the canvas.
- Added grid function. (In the View menu, you can switch the grid on/off and jump to the settings window for the grid.)
- Added the ability to extend and reduce the selection area in the Selection menu.
- Added a feature to change background color of the Canvas screen.
- Added the View menu at the top of the Canvas screen. (Within the View menu, it is possible to switch between the reference window display and interpolation when zooming.)
- Added the ability to select the display method of the layer reduced image displayed in the Layer window from "Entire" and "Drawing Area". (This can be set from the Settings Window User Interface - Layer Window Reduced Image.)
Ratings and Reviews
An honest opinion
I’m very new to digital art but I’ve picked up pretty fast and am already taking commissions. Out of all the programs I’ve tried this one is really stellar. It gave me everything others lacked such as more brushes and brush customization, paint bucket tool, merging layers etc. At first I will admit that I was a bit confused because of all the options on the interface but really you get so used to it after really drawing with it. The only time it crashes is when I input a image that the app deems too big, however it’s not a big issue because I can simply adjust the size and it works perfectly (plus it auto saves my work when it did crash). Some of the brushes can be very laggy but really they’re perfect for what I need. The ruler options are also very very handy. Really if you “cant draw” like the negative comments are saying I believe it’s a user fault, maybe they are on a wrong or hidden layer or maybe their opacity is down. I love this a lot. If ur reading this I recommend the download. a big plus is for just one ad you unlock all the locked features for 18 hours, unlike other apps that bombard you with advertisements and lock off everything. Bravo developers I can tell you care about this.💕 Definitely recommend downloading if you’re new to digital art. It introduces you to all the tools and for me even works without WiFi. And I was surprised to say that it’s auto recorded my whole drawing?? That’s SICK. Great great job🎨✨
Although I have used the app before, I can tell it has improved by a lot. When I first got the app I wasn’t really into art as much. Now I have great interest in it. IbisPiant x is a really good app and I really recommend it. The thing that I really like about it is that there is a blur and smudge tool. I never knew how much I would actually use them but now I use the blur and smudge tool a lot. The smudge tool is really great I like how it’s not so aggressive I don’t know how to put this exactly but I’ve had other apps and there smudge tool was really not the best. It wouldn’t give the option to change the opacity although it did give a option for the size of the tool. On IbisPaint x it’s really not like that at all. It’s really smooth and has a nice flow. Speaking if smooth, the app isn’t laggy which is great. It does depend kn your internet but I have noticed with other apps that sometimes the screen might freeze or the brushes would be really choppy, as in it wouldn’t be smooth. Also I love the verity of brushes they are all really useful. I like how you can unlock all the brushes by watching a quick advertisement. Although it doesn’t stay forever I believe. One thing is that there are adds on the top of the screen which doesn’t really bother me. It’s awesome how you see peoples’ art i believe it’s the ‘Daily Ranking’ or something similar to that. I am very happy with the app overall. 10/10 I would recommend.
One of my hobbies is testing drawing apps, and I have had at least 7. I’ve drawn in everything from Notes to Procreate by Apple, but they don’t compare. I got it yesterday, and I already know the functions, and have made better works on here than anywhere else. It’s easy to use, free, and the only ads there are are tiny ones either at the top or bottom of your screen. No videos. It’s incredible. You get amazing brushes, and all for one ad. And you don’t need to spend money just to enjoy the full extent of ibisPaint. So over all, five star review, will not disappoint. (Ok maybe it will I don’t know your style)
Edit: It’s been a while since I first got this and first posted my review! So here is a little update to my thoughts:
It’s always updating! Some annoying things with the eraser and bucket tools have been fixed and all the brushes have been adjusted and some were added! It’s cool to see how much they pay attention to what people need from this app. Editing photos is an easy process, instead of having to do it in the photos app or Photo shop. Anyway, still a five star, I haven’t found any problems with it. But I do think that they should add a settings area in the main page, and a toggle that can turn on or off the function that makes it so when you go out of a drawing or your device dies, you can’t use the ‘go back’ button. I’m not sure how these sorts of apps work, but if that is possible, please make it so.
Data Used to Track You
The following data may be used to track you across apps and websites owned by other companies:
- Usage Data
Data Linked to You
The following data may be collected and linked to your identity:
Data Not Linked to You
The following data may be collected but it is not linked to your identity:
- User Content
- Usage Data
- Other Data
Privacy practices may vary, for example, based on the features you use or your age. Learn More
- ibis inc.
- 88.6 MB
- Graphics & Design
- Requires iOS 12.0 or later.
- Requires iPadOS 12.0 or later.
- iPod touch
- Requires iOS 12.0 or later.
English, Arabic, Dutch, French, German, Hebrew, Hindi, Indonesian, Italian, Japanese, Korean, Portuguese, Russian, Simplified Chinese, Spanish, Thai, Traditional Chinese, Turkish, Vietnamese
- Age Rating
- 12+ Infrequent/Mild Cartoon or Fantasy Violence Infrequent/Mild Mature/Suggestive Themes Infrequent/Mild Realistic Violence Infrequent/Mild Horror/Fear Themes
- © ibis inc.
- In-App Purchases
- Prime (Monthly plan) $2.99
- Remove-Ads Add-on $9.99
- Prime Membership (Yearly plan) $27.99