Tempo, the premier metronome app for iOS is now available as this free Lite version. Tempo was featured as "New and Noteworthy" and "Staff Favorite" by Apple on the main iTunes landing page. Now you can enjoy Tempo's core features before upgrading to its full suite of features.
Tempo Lite's engine is written from the ground up for high accuracy and stability. It keeps going even in device lock mode, making it a useful aid for live drumming.
As a special treat, we've included the Tracker Module which helps in your practices by tracking the number of bars or time played.
As opposed to purchasing Tempo, upgrading Tempo Lite nets you a dark colour scheme for the flipside views (instead of light).
Visit www.frozenape.com for demo videos.
• 8 different time signatures: 1-4/4, 3/8, 6/8, 9/8, 12/8
• 6 rhythm patterns for simple meters and 3 for compound meters
• Customize accents or turn beats off to create more complex rhythms
• Tap tempo function
• Tempo ranges from 10 to 800
• Visual feedback in the form of pulsating LEDs
• Two pendulum types, each with two animation types
• Flash whole screen
Tracker and Automator Module
• Track number of bars played or time your practice
• Coach Mode alternates between unmuted and muted bars.
• Stop playback automatically when limit reached
• Automatic adjustment of tempo every n number of bars or n amount of time
• Choose from 4 sound sets: Digital, Analog, Blip and Wooden
• Volume control and Mute button
• Classical metronome and Italian tempo markings
• Multi-tasking support: plays in background with audio from other apps
• Two interface themes: Light and Dark
You can now change the app icon from within the app, including the previous icon design. (Full Version)
Ratings and Reviews
I’ve been using this for years.
I’ve been using this for 5+ years and it works great. Lots of amazing features and super user-friendly.
A note for developers: The compound time signatures could use some work. I tend to use different accents for meters such as 12/8 or 9/8 and I wish it would let us use any type of grouping that we want. I also think there should be an option for x/16 time signatures such as 9/16, 13/16, etc.
Please add play/pause w headphones
I’ve been using the app for a month now. I picked it because of the integration with the Apple Watch and now I’m going to try the paid version mainly because of the playlist mode for I gig I have. Its quite reliable, but sometimes phone and watch don’t synchronize well. It would be an outstanding app if that sync was fixed; and also if you sync the headphone’s play and pause buttons! Playing the drums doesn’t give you much personal space to hang the cellphone and coming back to it every single time is very tiring. Those details are the reason the user decides to stick to apps at the end.
Needs a few accessibility changes
Tested with VoiceOver on the lite version and upgraded to paid. There are just a few features that aren't accessible like altering the volume in app and the mode switcher. Changing tempo is also a little awkward at the moment. Overall, it's a great app with everything I could ask for. I hope they choose to make this app fully accessible in the near future but in the meantime it is still more than usable.
Update: There is a setting for modes and if you turn off all the modes except the one you want it will default to that mode.
Data Not Collected
The developer does not collect any data from this app.
Privacy practices may vary, for example, based on the features you use or your age. Learn More
- Frozen Ape Pte. Ltd.
- 38.5 MB
- Requires iOS 10.2 or later.
- Requires iPadOS 10.2 or later.
- iPod touch
- Requires iOS 10.2 or later.
- Requires macOS 11 or later and a Mac with Apple M1 chip.
English, French, German, Italian, Japanese, Korean, Portuguese, Simplified Chinese, Spanish, Traditional Chinese
- Age Rating
- © Frozen Ape 2009-2017
- In-App Purchases
- Full Version $2.99
- Premium Theme Pack $0.99
- Theme Editor $0.99
With Family Sharing set up, up to six family members can use this app.