This game is designed to treat a specific auditory ability related to learning or reading problems.
Your local audiologist or speech-language specialist can assess whether this game is right for your child or for an adult with a brain injury. If you think that your child has listening, language or learning problems that might be related to auditory processing, visit your local audiologist or speech-language pathologist and recommend acoustic pioneer to get your child's auditory processing abilities tested.
If your specialist has already supplied you with a code to use this game, install this game and enter the code once you run the game.
For the professional:
This game is an auditory training exercise that is designed to incrementally improve the player's ability to hear and distinguish a different sound in each ear occurring at once. This skill requires a developed auditory pathway to each cortical hemisphere (side of the brain) as well as a developed auditory pathway in the corpus collosum (between each hemisphere). This ability of a player to perform this skill indicates the status of their auditory system development. Lesions or under-development of these auditory pathways have been shown in many studies to limit abilities in; a) focusing attention in difficult listening environments, b) difficulty learning to read, c) difficulty following spoken instruction, d) difficulty putting visual information together with auditory information. Improving these auditory pathways is crucial to address prior to focus therapy or training on higher levels skills.
- Level progression is now a lot more dynamic so if a child is not progressing they may be dropped back to an easier level
- Session time indicators have been added\
- Data is now being sent to the server much more frequently so incomplete sessions will still have data recorded
- Added an extra level to each set where the animal pictures are hidden while the audio plays
- The level structure has dramatically changed to substantially increase the number of levels and also making difficulty progression more gradual. Children up to 6 years of age will now play 33 levels while older children will play 45
Ratings and ReviewsSee All
The app gets stock in the first 5 minutes. It is not usable
Boring I’m the student my mom would say this is a great game but it rapes my ears XD
Bruh I hate it
It would be nice to see some sort of trial before investing $50 to see the product
- Acoustic Pioneer, Ltd.
- 37.7 MB
Requires iOS 8.0 or later. Compatible with iPad.
English, Czech, Dutch, French, German, Italian, Japanese, Korean, Polish, Portuguese, Russian, Simplified Chinese, Spanish, Swedish, Traditional Chinese, Turkish
- Age Rating
- © 2012 Acoustic Pioneer Ltd
With Family Sharing set up, up to six family members can use this app.