Manything stands for Monitor Anything…and that's exactly what you can do with our app!
Manything lets you upgrade your CCTV system to the cloud and is compatible with a wide range of professional cameras. If you don't have a CCTV system, Manything also lets you give a spare iPhone or iPad a new lease of life - just download the Manything app on your spare device to turn it into an instant home security camera.
- Watch camera live feeds and recorded video from anywhere
- Save video to secure offsite Manything cloud
- Remotely control cameras, adjust detection zones and camera sensitivity
- Get alerts when motion is detected
- Download and share video
- Easy set up
CCTV CAMERA SET UP
With a Manything Cloud Adapter, our software is compatible with the full range of Hikvision IP cameras, NVRs and DVRs (including Hikvision OEM). The set up takes only a few minutes, and all you will need is a Cloud Adapter, Manything app and a cloud plan.
Advidia (Video Insight / Panasonic brand)
Global Network Security
Norelco SafeCam / Spider Vue / Invezia
Security Camera Warehouse
Siqura / TKH
SnapAV / Wirepath
W Box (ADI)
SPARE SMARTPHONE SET UP
Simply install Manything on your spare device, select "Camera" mode and press record. Then download Manything to your main phone or tablet which you carry with you and select "Viewer". It's that simple, now you can watch your camera from anywhere!
(Manything requires iOS 6 and above to operate in camera mode and iOS 8 and above to operate in viewer mode.)
On our free plan you can use 1 spare device as a Manything camera - you can receive motion/sound alerts and watch your camera live stream! Want to upgrade your CCTV system to the cloud or perhaps want to use more than 1 device, watch past video events and save video to the Manything cloud? Upgrade to a monthly subscription plan from just $3.99/month:
- 1 camera, 2 days cloud recording $2.99
- 1 camera, 7 days cloud recording $4.99
- 1 camera, 30 days cloud recording $5.99
- 2 cameras, 7 days cloud recording $9.99
- 2 cameras, 30 days cloud recording $11.99
- 5 cameras, 7 days cloud recording $25.99
- 5 cameras, 30 days cloud recording $29.99
- 8 cameras, 7 days cloud recording $40.99
- 8 cameras, 30 days cloud recording $47.99
- 12 cameras, 7 days cloud recording $60.99
- 12 cameras, 30 days cloud recording $70.99
- 16 cameras, 7 days cloud recording $80.99
- 16 cameras, 30 days cloud recording $93.99
If you choose to upgrade, payment will be charged to your iTunes account at the point of purchase. Subscriptions automatically renew each month unless auto-renew is turned off at least 24-hours before the end of the current period. You can manage your subscriptions and turn off auto-renewal in your App Store settings which can be found in your phone or tablet settings menu. The current month cannot be cancelled once it has started.
You can now add professional CCTV cameras to Manything. All you need is a Cloud Adapter - no bigger than a deck of cards, this little device will connect up to 8 cameras to the cloud. All key features, such as camera live view, event recording (with a cloud plan), remote camera control and downloading video, are now available for CCTV cameras as well as your spare smartphones.
Ratings and ReviewsSee All
(UPDATE) I created an account
I downloaded Manything to my phone & an old iPad. I created an account. I thought I would use this set up as a security camera. I logged into manything on my phone... I’ll repeat. I am logged into manything on my phone RIGHT NOW... so naturally I went to log in on my old iPad using the same account. On the iPad, it claims the account I am currently logged into on my phone, doesn’t exist. I double checked my credentials. I input the correct email & password, but only one device is recognizing my account. I’ll try again tomarrow, but if I can’t log in on at least 2 devices, manything is useless to me.
UPDATED ... 8 hours passed (overnight). Manythings on the iPad now recognizes my account. I’m raising my star review to 3 as the app appears to be functioning well enough, with no issues (so far). I have been able to monitor one room from my phone, I’ll be adding a second room shortly. I don’t anticipate any further connectivity issues like I saw earlier.
I’m now mostly satisfied, though I still find Manythings to be lacking.
I had hoped to find a Manythings app for AppleTv, so I can monitor multiple rooms from there... without luck.
I’m deducting one star for slowness to become usable (a ‘monitor’ without a ‘camera’ is useless. I had to wait overnight to set up a camera for the purpose of monitoring.)
I’m deducting one star because there’s no AppleTv app. I’d much rather use my Tv as the monitor I view my informal security camera system from.
Pros and Cons
The user interface is easy to use and navigate. The app is excellent at picking up motion and recording clips. There are however issues that I encountered both software and hardware issues. One drawback is the phone needs to stay on at all times with the screen illuminated. I found with my old spare iphone4 it would get hot and then the battery would drain despite being plugged in. While this may not be a app issue, it would be fair to say many users use old phones with this app. I would constantly get emails that phone lost wifi signal or battery draining. My wifi signal is constant and does not cut out. It was frustrating when I left for vacation and a few days in the recording stops for various reasons. I have since bought a webcam with cloud backup and found it to much more reliable.
Developer Response ,
Thanks for your review - great to hear you find the app easy to use and are pleased with the motion detection. You can use Manything in 'Guided Access' mode on iOS devices which locks the phone and allows the screen to dim. We do also recommend that you only use chargers bought from the phone manufacturer, as lots of cheaper chargers cause the phone to overheat and don't charge the battery properly. Hopefully those tips help solve the problems you've been having :)
Great idea, but terrible outcome.
This app is a great idea. Turning any old phone or tablet into a ho e security camera. Very nice idea. This app does have a few problems though.
1. This app kinda lied about the supported devices. For instance, I wanted to use my very nice iPhone 3GS as a home security camera and it was running iOS 6.1 and it should be supported with this app. Turns out, it’s not. In the app description it says that you can use any device with iOS 6 or later but when trying to download the app, a notification said that I needed iOS 8. Very disappointing.
2. Payment. At first I thought this was the greatest thing ever. I thought the app was free or you would make a one time payment when you buy the app. But I was wrong. You actually need to pay for how many days you want to use this app. (Sort of like a phone bill) it’s very annoying.
So that’s why this app deserves a 2 Star Review. It’s a good app idea, but it’s also terrible.
- Videoloft Ltd
- 106.8 MB
Requires iOS 8.0 or later. Compatible with iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch.
English, Japanese, Spanish
- Age Rating
- © Manything Systems Ltd
- In-App Purchases
- month of 2 cameras and 7 days cloud recording $8.99
- month of 2 cameras and 30 days cloud recording $12.99
- month of 1 camera and 48 hours cloud recording $3.99
With Family Sharing set up, up to six family members can use this app.